Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

03/24/2013 new

Cynthia, Congratulations of a successful first date. Even if it wasn't a a"love match," you're right. You got your feet wet.

03/24/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I say, meet for lunch, but keep the afternoon open for other activities should they come up. <...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I say, meet for lunch, but keep the afternoon open for other activities should they come up.

--hide--
Donna, You remind of the best first date I ever had and it lasted 12 hours. He was a widower, I met him on a computer site, we had talked on the phone a few times, he told me where he worked (county employee) so I could verify he was a safe man. He had carpentry skills and was telling me how to patch a hole in my ceiling because I had detached a lowered ceiling. I told him the best way to learn was to watch him. So he brought carpentry clothes, patched my celing, and I learned from him. We then cleaned up and went out to a nice dinner. I had contact w/a woman friend just in ase during this time.

I take a while to warm up to people; that's just how I am, self protective. The extra time allowed me to connect in a meaningful way w/a great guy. Happy memory.

03/24/2013 new
(Quote) Cynthia-875784 said: I met a man on another, non-Catholic, dating site. We talked online a bit, met for coffee and now are schedul...
(Quote) Cynthia-875784 said:

I met a man on another, non-Catholic, dating site. We talked online a bit, met for coffee and now are scheduled to go to the movies tonight. This is my first date since my husband died in August 2011.

I don't feel any sparks at all, but he has said he's definitely interested in me. He keeps telling me how pretty I am. For some reason,. that makes me uncomfortable. It could be because I have never really considered myself pretty or maybe it's getting a compliment like that from someone who isn't my late husband?

We were supposed to go out last night but something came up. He was disappointed and I was relieved. I'm actually thinking of cancelling tonight.

Is it because I don't see a future for us (after such a short acquaintance and he isn't Catholic)? Could it be that I'm not ready yet? Should I go tonight and see how it goes? He wants to pick me up but I think I'm going to insist on meeting him. I'm very nervous about being alone in a car with him. I have no idea why. He seems perfectly pleasant.

Since I'm so anxious about this date, should I cancel or should I go through with it? Should I give it some time or tell him right away that I don't see us being anything more than friends, if that? HELP! Maybe I'm just nervous because this ismy first date in 35 years?

--hide--

Enjoy. It just an interview for a potential partner. Woman have more power over relationships
Posts 21 - 23 of 23