Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I like science a lot and I absolutely love children. But just because we are scientifically capable of doing something doesn't mean we should. What do you think? www.bbc.co.uk
Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Brad-937504 said: I like science a lot and I absolutely love children. But just because we are scientifically capable of do...
(Quote) Brad-937504 said: I like science a lot and I absolutely love children. But just because we are scientifically capable of doing something doesn't mean we should. What do you think? www.bbc.co.uk
--hide--
I'm no theologian, but it seems like a dangerous slippery slope.

Mar 21st 2013 new

Well, obviously persons of no religious faith, or of faiths that do not have a specific moral guideline about, for instance, IVF (whether through two people or three) may look upon the capacity of science to create an embryo from three persons as a valid or viable alternative to couples who would otherwise be genetically challenged. Our faith has already in place such guidelines so my comment will be made to a more societal broader view (it is assuming the truth of our Catholic law).

It seems to me that science continues to search for the creation of a "super" human being. If 3 genetic parents, why not 4, 5, 6, and so on. The article states that the science has virtually determined that in this instance the ethical concerns are subserviant to the pragmatic. So, then, do the pragmatically desired results have no end in sight?

Mar 21st 2013 new

Jeez, maybe some people just aren't meant to have kids.

Mar 21st 2013 new

Oh...my Lord! eyepopping This is greatly disturbing! boggled crazy Very Frankenstein like creepiness. What's even more disturbing is reading the comments of people who SUPPORTs this. shocked crazy

Praying theheart Praying theheart Praying :theheart: :praying:

Mar 21st 2013 new

EXACTLY. But for some reason they cannot accept it, even though they might accept that they will never be CEO or a pilot, or anything else.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brad-937504 said: I like science a lot and I absolutely love children. But just because we are scientifically capable of do...
(Quote) Brad-937504 said: I like science a lot and I absolutely love children. But just because we are scientifically capable of doing something doesn't mean we should. What do you think? www.bbc.co.uk
--hide--

I thought this was going on already.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

--hide--

"Let us redefine progress to mean that just because we can do a thing, it does not necessarily mean we must do that thing." -- The Federation President, in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Brad-937504 said: I like science a lot and I absolutely love children. But...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Quote:
Brad-937504 said: I like science a lot and I absolutely love children. But just because we are scientifically capable of doing something doesn't mean we should. What do you think? www.bbc.co.uk

"Let us redefine progress to mean that just because we can do a thing, it does not necessarily mean we must do that thing." -- The Federation President, in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

--hide--

I pray that we as a society learn that lesson well before the 23rd century gets here.

Mar 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I thought this was going on already.
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I thought this was going on already.

--hide--

I don't think so. This is direct substitution of part of a donor's DNA for that of one of the parents. This is eugenics come true.
Posts 1 - 10 of 14