Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Mar 24th 2013 new

I agree Tim.

I don't understand why there is so much skepticism. Do some people not believe that whole process of choosing our Pope is led by the Holy Spirit? I assume that he is exactly the person for this time to take over the position and responsibilities of St Peter.

Ed

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I agree Tim. I don't understand why there is so much skepticism. Do some people not be...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I agree Tim.

I don't understand why there is so much skepticism. Do some people not believe that whole process of choosing our Pope is led by the Holy Spirit? I assume that he is exactly the person for this time to take over the position and responsibilities of St Peter.

Ed

--hide--
Every Cardinal still has free will.Not all of them necessarily have the same intention as to which direction the Church should go either.

Mar 25th 2013 new

I agree that each Cardinal certainly has free will. I do think that there is a great deal of safety in numbers in that (hopefully) nearly all of the 115 (or so) Cardinals will take their duty very, very seriously and do what they truely believe is best for the Church. Even if a few were to make a corrupt vote, it is not very likely that the person for which they voted would receive many/any other votes. scratchchin

I recall a show (probably on EWTN) where they were explaining the promise that each Cardinal makes each time he brings his vote to the front of the Sistine Chapel.... Something like "I swear, as God as my witness, with the threat of eternal damnation, that the person for which I voted is the person which I truly believe should lead the Catholic Church". It was quite ominous. Perhaps I took liberties with the "eternal damnation" part, but I believe I'm close. I think that even an objectively bad Cardinal would think twice or three times before they cast their vote, for fear that they may be struck with a bolt of lightning (ZAPP! - or something like that) on judgement day. shocked..... Talk about a WHOPPER of a mortal sin. Yikes! Just try explaining to St. Peter at the pearly gates why you voted for someone other than the person whom is thought to be most-fit to take on the office of St. Peter.

Just my thoughts.

Ed

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I agree that each Cardinal certainly has free will. I do think that there is a great deal of safety i...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I agree that each Cardinal certainly has free will. I do think that there is a great deal of safety in numbers in that (hopefully) nearly all of the 115 (or so) Cardinals will take their duty very, very seriously and do what they truely believe is best for the Church. Even if a few were to make a corrupt vote, it is not very likely that the person for which they voted would receive many/any other votes.

I recall a show (probably on EWTN) where they were explaining the promise that each Cardinal makes each time he brings his vote to the front of the Sistine Chapel.... Something like "I swear, as God as my witness, with the threat of eternal damnation, that the person for which I voted is the person which I truly believe should lead the Catholic Church". It was quite ominous. Perhaps I took liberties with the "eternal damnation" part, but I believe I'm close. I think that even an objectively bad Cardinal would think twice or three times before they cast their vote, for fear that they may be struck with a bolt of lightning (ZAPP! - or something like that) on judgement day. ..... Talk about a WHOPPER of a mortal sin. Yikes! Just try explaining to St. Peter at the pearly gates why you voted for someone other than the person whom is thought to be most-fit to take on the office of St. Peter.

Just my thoughts.

Ed

--hide--
I hope you are right.

Mar 25th 2013 new

Also, they do have to get the 2/3 consensus on the vote. It isn't easy to get 2/3 of any bunch of human beings to agree on anything, so when they do agree it gives me confidence that they have made a good choice.

Ed

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I hope you are right.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I hope you are right.

--hide--

Why not accept the fact that the Cardinals did what was right and only start complaining IF and WHEN Pope Francis falls off the rails.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Monica-730858 said: I liked what Michael Voris had to say about all of this: youtu.be
(Quote) Monica-730858 said:

I liked what Michael Voris had to say about all of this:

youtu.be
--hide--

Every single Catholic should listen to this! clap clap clap

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I hope you are right.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I hope you are right.

--hide--

I get the feeling from things that you have posted since the Pope was picked that you are concerned about our new Pope. Can you explain why? Was there another Cardinal that you were hoping for? Did you watch the utube from Voris in this thread? Do you not agree?

Posts 11 - 18 of 18