Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Two weeks ago, I was given an additional duty here at Fort Jackson, to serve as an impartial inspector of the evidence lockers at both the Directorate of Emergency Services (Army version of a police station) and at the Criminal Investigation Department (Army version of NCIS). My mission was to help the staff of both parties to inventory their evidence lockers. It was quite an experience.

Two areas really had a profound effect on me: 1) The number of evidence kits for sexual assaults spanning back five years; and 2) Looking at evidence labels stating "Belt" and "Extension Cord", thinking they were just stolen property, but finding out that they in fact were items used to abuse children. This was disheartening, to say the least.

Please pray for all the victims of these crimes AND their perpetrators, if you can find the strength. Right now, I can't muster much mercy for the latter.

And please pray for CID agents, military police, and all others who have to deal with this every day.

Mar 21st 2013 new

Praying

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Two weeks ago, I was given an additional duty here at Fort Jackson, to serve as an impartial inspec...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Two weeks ago, I was given an additional duty here at Fort Jackson, to serve as an impartial inspector of the evidence lockers at both the Directorate of Emergency Services (Army version of a police station) and at the Criminal Investigation Department (Army version of NCIS). My mission was to help the staff of both parties to inventory their evidence lockers. It was quite an experience.

Two areas really had a profound effect on me: 1) The number of evidence kits for sexual assaults spanning back five years; and 2) Looking at evidence labels stating "Belt" and "Extension Cord", thinking they were just stolen property, but finding out that they in fact were items used to abuse children. This was disheartening, to say the least.

Please pray for all the victims of these crimes AND their perpetrators, if you can find the strength. Right now, I can't muster much mercy for the latter.

And please pray for CID agents, military police, and all others who have to deal with this every day.

--hide--

Praying

Mar 21st 2013 new

Praying hug

Mar 21st 2013 new

Oh Cliff, I will pray for not only the victims and the perpetrators, but also for those involved in trying to help and bring justice to those hurt. Praying

You know, I'm working on writing a murder mystery and although there is a part of me that finds all the elements of crime solving to be quite fascinating - I would imagine that when the 'players' are actual flesh and blood people with genuine thoughts and feelings, that it would be much more difficult to find the topic nearly as compelling/appealing. I think I'll stick to my totally imaginary characters, imaginary scenarios and even imaginary places. gangster (Much less painful and 'in your face'.)

Mar 21st 2013 new

theheart Praying rose

Mar 21st 2013 new

Praying Praying

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Two weeks ago, I was given an additional duty here at Fort Jackson, to serve as an impartial inspec...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Praying

Posts 1 - 10 of 33