Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 12th 2013 new
wave I love seeing the familiar, friendly faces from past years in this thread!

I joined March 2, 2004. Such wonderful people from the fora! I didn't get really involved until late 2005. I am very blessed to know such wonderful lifelong friends, some of them in this thread. Lucy, Rhonda, Zoom, Donna, Jackie-198 (who hasn't posted yet) and a few others-- I can't remember who has posted and who hasn't. laughing And then there are the ones I haven't met yet but have known a long time, like Jerry.
Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: 4 digits here -- joined in 2001 when it was St. Raphael's still....nothing to be proud of but may...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

4 digits here -- joined in 2001 when it was St. Raphael's still....nothing to be proud of but maybe CM admin appreciates such long term customers.

This is the under 45 room--maybe moving this to the single life will get more responses!

--hide--

Hi Pat et alia,

My guess is that member numbers were originally assigned sequentially, but nowadays CM uses a hash function to assign the numbers. I joined CM as a non-paying member in 2001 or 2002 when CM was St. Raphael, and then became a full member in March of 2003.

Jim ☺

Apr 18th 2013 new

I agree that CM provides a great deal that cannot be found on other sites. The ability to communicate with other Catholic people, the ability to share common concerns, problems and even joys is unique. While its true I have been critical on how CM handles inactive profiles, overall it is a superior site that offers community as well as searches. Many of us have pointed out the negatives, but overall this is an excellent site.

Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-106 said: I thought it would be fun to see how many people have low member numbers like myself? I am 106. I thi...
(Quote) Mary-106 said:

I thought it would be fun to see how many people have low member numbers like myself? I am 106. I think at some point CM changed the numbering system.

--hide--
We'll probably never know how many members with low numbers there really are. This is a forum topic, but not every member views or participates in the fora.

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I love seeing the familiar, friendly faces from past years in this thread! I joined March 2, 2004....
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I love seeing the familiar, friendly faces from past years in this thread!

I joined March 2, 2004. Such wonderful people from the fora! I didn't get really involved until late 2005. I am very blessed to know such wonderful lifelong friends, some of them in this thread. Lucy, Rhonda, Zoom, Donna, Jackie-198 (who hasn't posted yet) and a few others-- I can't remember who has posted and who hasn't. And then there are the ones I haven't met yet but have known a long time, like Jerry.
--hide--

My first billing information was March 2004, but I know I was an unpaid member for at least a few weeks before that - the forums hooked me and I actually joined so I could read the Pink Room. I couldn't stand not knowing what was going on in there laughing

Apr 20th 2013 new

I found out that I become a paid member in 2008 or that is what is listed in my billing. I was a member when it was still St. R and I agree the forums are one of the best things here as we get to share who we are and meet our mate.

Posts 51 - 56 of 56