Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Praying Praying

Mar 22nd 2013 new

many retreat houses and monasteries let people come for extended "retreats" for a very small amount of money.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Praying

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Hi John theheart rosary

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Praying With one door closed may another door be opened.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Praying Praying Praying

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I ask for prayers for my friend Sandra Khalil who is about to find herself homeless because her roommate ...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I ask for prayers for my friend Sandra Khalil who is about to find herself homeless because her roommate has asked her to leave. She doesn't know where to go.
--hide--

John, tell your friend to contact any Union Rescue Missions or a Samaritan House near her or you can help her contact these places and find out if they can take your friend. These organizations help the homeless, families and victims of domestic violence. They can also help such people get started in their life or find a job if they don't have any. There maybe several Rescue Missions and/or Samaritan Houses in nearby cities where she lives. If she lives in Virginia (where you are) here are some of them I found in that state.

I hope and pray this information can help you help your friend find a good place to live. Goodluck and God bless. theheart Praying

1) Winchester Union Rescue Mission, 435 N Cameron St Winchester, VA 22601 (540) 667-5379
2) The Union Mission Ministries 5100 East Virginia Beach Blvd. Norfolk, VA 23502 (757) 627-8686
Administrative Offices (757) 427-1500
3) Samaritan House, Inc. 2620 Southern Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452 (757) 631-0710

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Praying Praying

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Prayers of course John for your friend Sandra. Did her friend ask her to leave suddenly and immediately or is she giving her some time to make alternate arrangements? Either way its not a good thing to be facing unexpectedly but each scenario might give her different options. I wish I had some additional options, but the ones given have been good. I don't even know if there are YWCA's in your area but they used to have rooms available for rent. Hostels are another short term option that are relatively inexpensive, but again I am not sure what might be available in your area. She could crash on my sofa if she were in Oklahoma. :-(

Posts 11 - 20 of 26