Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Faux matchmakers

Mar 22nd 2013 new

I am trying to find someone who makes their Catholic faith a priority. This is more difficult than I expected. However, I am okay with the fact that it may not happen for a while. So why is everyone else concerned? I am constantly being told by many older, and some younger people, that I should meet their son, nephew, grandson, cousin, etc. When I ask about their faith, most are "spiritual" or go to mass rearly. How do I let others know that I am at a point in my life that I am okay being single? And if they would like to introduce me to someone, they should share my same beliefs?

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Rosario-841845 said: I am trying to find someone who makes their Catholic faith a priority. This is more difficult t...
(Quote) Rosario-841845 said:

I am trying to find someone who makes their Catholic faith a priority. This is more difficult than I expected. However, I am okay with the fact that it may not happen for a while. So why is everyone else concerned? I am constantly being told by many older, and some younger people, that I should meet their son, nephew, grandson, cousin, etc. When I ask about their faith, most are "spiritual" or go to mass rearly. How do I let others know that I am at a point in my life that I am okay being single? And if they would like to introduce me to someone, they should share my same beliefs?

--hide--
wave Just what you told (all) of us; tell them exactly what you wrote (above) And your young yet too! Good Luck to ya!

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Rosario-841845 said: I am trying to find someone who makes their Catholic faith a priority. This is more difficult t...
(Quote) Rosario-841845 said:

--hide--

Are they pushing to set you up even knowing everything you've shared here? Do the not believe you when you say you're ok being single?

Mar 22nd 2013 new

At 24, I was happy being single, too. But as I was reading your post, I couldn't help but wonder why you have so many people trying to introduce you to someone. Could it be that they sense that you are missing something--that special someone--in your life? And perhaps YOU would be the positive influence for one or more of these friends or relatives of your friend(s) that they need to help them find their way back to the Church.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

While you're OK with being single, I would be cautious about ignoring these opportunites put in your path. After all, God works in mysterious ways, and one of these guys just might be "the one". As Lorelyn said, even though most/all of them don't seem to have the religious scruples you're looking for, you might be the one they need to bring them back. Obviously you have to be more careful, since you have to make sure they are firm about having a stronger commitment long-term to their Faith, rather than just saying they would. Maybe give some of the more promising ones a try; you never know what might happen. :) Prayers!

Posts 1 - 5 of 5