Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: As long as you didn't lose 'control.'
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

As long as you didn't lose 'control.'

--hide--

Not sure what was going on in your mind with that amusing sentence?

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Not sure what was going on in your mind with that amusing sentence?
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Not sure what was going on in your mind with that amusing sentence?

--hide--
Someone posted a picture on Facebook of a keyboard with the 'control' key missing: captioned, "I lost control." Just my lame attempt at humor, sorry.

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Someone posted a picture on Facebook of a keyboard with the 'control' key missing: captio...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Someone posted a picture on Facebook of a keyboard with the 'control' key missing: captioned, "I lost control." Just my lame attempt at humor, sorry.

--hide--

Now that explains it better. To set you straight, my "control" key is not in any danger yet.

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: You sound like you really know computers. I wish you lived closer.

You sound like you really know computers. I wish you lived closer.

--hide--
Marianne, Give me the make and model number and I will get you a price and direction on how to replace it. They are very cheap maybe about 12 to 16 dollars. if you have problems I could coach you over the phone if need be. If you take it to someone the labor would be more then the part. So shoot me your make and model number in and email and I will get on it.

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Marianne, Give me the make and model number and I will get you a price and direction on how to r...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Marianne, Give me the make and model number and I will get you a price and direction on how to replace it. They are very cheap maybe about 12 to 16 dollars. if you have problems I could coach you over the phone if need be. If you take it to someone the labor would be more then the part. So shoot me your make and model number in and email and I will get on it.

--hide--

Thomas: This is how it is listed.

Manufacturer: Lenovo

Model: Lenovo Win7 PC

I just wanted to tell you that only one key did not snap back in. It is the J key. Do you know if only that key can be
fixed? It has some plastic stuff behind it. Maybe I did not put the plastic stuff back in right.

I had no idea you knew so much about computers.

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: You can get a USB keyboard for about $10 or so. Plug it in and use it in place of the lap...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

You can get a USB keyboard for about $10 or so. Plug it in and use it in place of the laptop keyboard.

--hide--
This ^ Its quite expensive to replace the keyboard on a laptop, depending on make and model. It can also be something you can really stuff up if you choose to do it yourself.

My cat knocked my coffee on the keyboard, so multiple keys don't work, and there are several missing as I tried to clean out from under them.

So yeah, I have a USB KB plugged in.

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Thomas: This is how it is listed.Manufacturer: LenovoModel: Lenovo Win...

Thomas: This is how it is listed.

Manufacturer: Lenovo

Model: Lenovo Win7 PC

I just wanted to tell you that only one key did not snap back in. It is the J key. Do you know if only that key can be
fixed? It has some plastic stuff behind it. Maybe I did not put the plastic stuff back in right.

I had no idea you knew so much about computers.

--hide--
There has to be a sticker some where on the laptop or a book where it has the model? This is the web site and a list of the laptop models, we need to know which one is yours? on the bottom Left side of the table or blue box it has a link to tell you how to find your model support.lenovo.com

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: My dog jumped on my open laptop while trying to get to the TV. Now two of the keys came off, a...

My dog jumped on my open laptop while trying to get to the TV. Now two of the keys came off, and
I can't get them back on.

I put them in place, but they don't lay flat, or work very well when I press on them.

Can I get them fixed or is my computer about done for it?

The laptop is a LENOVO.

--hide--

I have a Lenova laptop and needed a new keyboard due to a problem key. I bought it at Bestbuy and it is still under the protection plan. I have an older apple ibook that had the same problem. I was told that they just replace the whole (plastic) keyboard rather than mess around with broken keys.

What you could do is bring it in to the Best Buy Geek Squad Counter and have them look at it and give you a price for a new keyboard and installation.

The turnaround is excellent and they email update you all the time on what is happening. I took mine in last week and will be getting it back early next week. The tracking is great. The Geek Squad provides excellent service and have always answered my computer questions. They might be able to fix your keys rather than buying a keyboard!

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: There has to be a sticker some where on the laptop or a book where it has the model? This is the...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

There has to be a sticker some where on the laptop or a book where it has the model? This is the web site and a list of the laptop models, we need to know which one is yours? on the bottom Left side of the table or blue box it has a link to tell you how to find your model support.lenovo.com

--hide--
This is a video of just one keyboard, if you find out your model number we can get your video. looking on a web site your make keyboard goes for about 12 to 20 dollars. Amazon even has them.www.youtube.com

Mar 26th 2013 new

If it's still in warentee Lenovo is usually pretty good about sending a replacement to fix yourself, or sending it to them for repair. I twice damaged my keyboard in college and they sent me a new one out and I fixt it in minutes.

Posts 11 - 20 of 20