Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Seeing other people pray in front of an abortion clinic for 40 Days for Life. smile It was my first time participating.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

What a great thread.

My wild irises are blooming profusely right now. So beautiful! They are like a little gift to remind me growth and new life is abundant.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Pope Francis and Pope Emeritus Benedict greeting one another at Castel Gandolfo today...it was so moving!

Mar 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Claudine-882177 said: Seeing other people pray in front of an abortion clinic for 40 Days for Life. It was my first time partici...
(Quote) Claudine-882177 said:

Seeing other people pray in front of an abortion clinic for 40 Days for Life. It was my first time participating.

--hide--

Claudine, it is so rejuvenating to be part of the 40 Days of Life campaign. I have stood out in front of the clinics in quiet protest. We smile and wave at all who pass. I believe their are more people who feel the way we do and absolutely respect life. You can see and hear it as people go by.

As for what was beautiful today, I went to a Memorial Mass in honor of my Mom who would have been 80 today and then picked up my nephew, had breakfast and went to the cemetery to visit Mom. It's cold and blustery here.
Mar 23rd 2013 new

The sun
and the tips of the crocus blossoms.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Beautiful heaven and earth. The heavens have beautiful clear blue sky on a sunny morning here where I live. The lilies on the ground are starting to bloom. They have different colors of orange, lavender and white, soooo beautiful! rose

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Great topic, Lauren! Actually, my day started out with something incredibly beautiful. Last night it started to rain before the snow settled in, so this morning when I went to let the cat out the front door, I was greeted by the sight of every tree covered with a frozen winter mix. It was kind of like when frost paints everything white some mornings, but it was far more substantial than frost. As a matter of fact, despite the blowing wind and snow - and me dressed in nothing but a nightgown; I still reached back inside the house, grabbed my camera and stood in the open doorway taking pictures for a few minutes. Cold or not, it was just too beautiful to resist!

Mar 23rd 2013 new

The sun.

Mar 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Great topic Lauren! My son has been having a tough week and has not been a happy camper. When I woke up at 6:30, ...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Great topic Lauren! My son has been having a tough week and has not been a happy camper. When I woke up at 6:30, I heard him making a few noises (Neill is 25 and handicapped and acts like a 18 month old and non-verbal) and I was saying my prayers and asked God to please let Neill be happy today. We just returned from K Mart as it is gloomy here today and I wanted him to get in some walking. We were at the register and he was smiling and laughing and tapping out a tune on his leg and the man behind me was smiling at Neill. You can't help but get caught up in the infectious laughter of children and I was grateful to have my prayer answered. That was beautiful in my eyes. It never ceases to amaze me that God can hear my requests among all the others, like he has ears for my voice only. Eileen.
--hide--

Thank you very much for sharing your Neill stories with us! To me reading them is a very beautiful thing!! Makes me miss some friends I have not seen in person recently... I will be giving them a call soon I am sure.... biggrin
Mar 23rd 2013 new

I saw a couple of things today. I took a drive just to get & enjoy my Saturday. Going by Lake Erie & seeing the calm effect of the water today. The ice melting & water was just relaxing to watch it.

The other was seeing Pope Francis & Benedict meeting today.

Posts 11 - 20 of 79