Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

03/26/2013 new

The face of my 3 year old grandson, who is recovering from surgery for a brain tumor. He's expected to recover fully, God is great!

03/26/2013 new
The women on Catholic Match...they are the finest of God's creation... lovestruck!
03/26/2013 new

Looking out the window and NO snowbiggrin smile clap

03/26/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Looking out the window and NO snow
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Looking out the window and NO snow

--hide--

looking out the window and only 2.5' of snow now on the ground

03/26/2013 new

We have a "chemo bell" on the nursing unit that I work on. When a patient finishes their course of chemotherapy, all the nurses gather around and they ring the bell. Most of the patients stay on our unit for about a month (they come for chemo and bone marrow transplant). Anyway, today, a patient we had all gotten very close to, finished her chemo, rang the bell, and walked off the unit. It was beautiful!

03/26/2013 new

Today I saw the morning sun reflect of the half frozen creek I pass by ever day on the way to work with just a hint of fog in the air. The snow, half melted everywhere else, still hung quietly to the creek's banks and the family of ducks that lives there swam back and forth in the the reflected light.

It was quite lovely. biggrin

I also saw the receipt for the $600 exam I have to take for Computer Security that my company paid for which made me very happy but I don't think everyone else would quite get that one as much. Except that, by the company paying for it, I didn't have to - hence why I was happy.

03/26/2013 new
While taking my dog out the back door, saw beautiful untouched snow on the deck floor. Snow was on trees and grass but not on the streets. Four hours later it was gone as quietly as it came. Two hours later no sun but happy snow was gone. Crocus flowers still blooming beautifully along with the daffodils in the front yard. Spring is screaming to come out.
03/26/2013 new
Sitting here looking out the window at the snow, it is so pretty, it's the big snow flakes! fluffy
03/26/2013 new

Friesians ! One pesade !

03/27/2013 new
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I am sitting here and it is cold and gray and gloomy outside, but lying next to me is my 3 and a half month ol...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I am sitting here and it is cold and gray and gloomy outside, but lying next to me is my 3 and a half month old grandson Aiden. He is so beautiful, happy, content, interactive and smiling those great huge baby smiles that are so pure and true and making sweet cooing noises and giggles, and I am struck at what an incredibly beautiful gift it is to spend this icky moment in his company.

I try to seek something beautiful in every day and be thankful for that spot of beauty in a rather stark and harsh world sometimes. I try to get my kiddos to do the same.

So what are some of the things you have unexpectedly encountered in a rough or ugly day that reminded you of the beauty of God's world, made you smile or stop for a moment in awe of its beauty and be thankful for the experience??

Not sure this is the right forum for the question but figured it was a good place to start :-). Lauren

--hide--
The woman on CM!!!!
Posts 41 - 50 of 79