Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

03/30/2013 new

I had some great cuddle time with my kitten this morning. She just loves to cuddle and purrs up a storm. Life is so simple and she is so soft.

03/31/2013 new

Congregation at Easter morning Mass pope theheart

03/31/2013 new

My son, his wife, and their new baby Zephyr, my granddaughter, with me at mass this morning! New life and new hope!

03/31/2013 new

My son and his wife (6 months pregnant) and his three young children came in town to spend Easter with me, and to be with me at Mass this morning. It is always wonderful when family can come to town to be with me on the holidays! How Blessed I am to get all of my snuggle time in and to see their beautiful smiles and hear their sweet "I love you's!" Thank you God!

03/31/2013 new
I didn't see something beautiful today but I did hearsomething beautiful. I was on the phone with an out of town relative. He fell away from the Church in about 1948. He has returned and was asking me about Adoration at his parish. He saw it in the bulletin and wants to sign up for every week! What a wonderful answer to many, many prayers.
04/01/2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I didn't see something beautiful today but I did hearsomething beautiful. I was on t...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I didn't see something beautiful today but I did hearsomething beautiful. I was on the phone with an out of town relative. He fell away from the Church in about 1948. He has returned and was asking me about Adoration at his parish. He saw it in the bulletin and wants to sign up for every week! What a wonderful answer to many, many prayers.
--hide--

Thanks be to God! What a beautiful sound!

04/01/2013 new

Yesterday I got to spend the day with my ex-husband's extended family and my son with his cousins. My ex does not celebrate the holidays so he was not there. Being that I have no family close by, but I am lucky to have been "adpoted" by them and another family. They are wonderful people and have told me that I am always welcome at family gatherings because I am still family in their eyes, especially because of my son. It is hard to explain to people why I choose to spend the holidays with them, but I wouldn't change a thing!

04/01/2013 new

This was a couple years ago, and wasn't something I saw so much as lived, but I think it still qualifies.

When I broke and dislocated my ankle, I was stuck in the hospital for ten hours before I even got pain medication, and then they transfered me to another hospital because they couldn't manage to fix the dislocation. At the new hospital, they put me under twilight sedation to fix the dislocation, but they didn't give me enough and I came out of it right about the time they popped it back into place. It hurt more than anything in my entire life, and I was screaming and crying, but because I was supposed to be sedated, they assumed I wouldn't remember.

Even though they had to finish the procedure (and had made my best friend wait outside so she couldn't help me), when it was over, one of the residents smiled down at me and told me that I was very brave, and that he was going to make sure that nothing happened to me. And those kind, uneccesary words suddenly made everything ok. I could deal with the pain and the terror of knowing I needed at least one surgery (I ended up needing two), because this young resident took the time to see my pain and take some of it on himself.

The funny thing is, I never saw him after that night. I had two residents assigned to me throughout my two weeks in the hospital, but I never saw him again. Human or not, I know in my heart that he was my angel, at least for that day. And I will never, ever forget that.

04/01/2013 new

Elizabeth, that absolutely counts!!! Made me tear up :-). How is your ankle now?

04/01/2013 new

Kate, I understand it perfectly. Family is family, they love you and you love them. I think that's one of the hardest things for people going through a separation or divorce, losing the extended family and friends, and I love to see examples where this doesn't happen :-)).

Posts 61 - 70 of 79