Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: These are good questions. The one I have a problem with, respectfully, is t...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

These are good questions.

The one I have a problem with, respectfully, is the above one posted by Mary. It assumes that all traditional church attendees DO NOT follow Pope Francis, and there is not necessarily a divide there. It stereotypes people too readily and that is not necessarily the truth. Please be more careful how you phrase questions in the future. This could start up another one of the not-so-nice threads that have been on the forums lately.

--hide--

Roanna, this is exactly what I meant in my post - Nothing like this was implied and yet people have taken that it was - The question was to ask how open are the two people involved to able to compromise on their beliefs in the Traditional Mass vs. the Present Mass. I have been here a long time and have seen many posts in regards to the Traditional Mass vs the current Mass and people's belief. I am not stating one person is right or wrong or what they truly believe, I am talking about individual relationships and where each is coming. It is same thing as I wrote, someone can write they are 7/7 and in union with the papacy on faith and morals but when it comes to practicing it it is another story.
Rosanna it is not stereotyping either Traditional or those following the Novo Ordo (If I stated this correctly and if I didn't, I did not write it sothat I would offend anyone.) I could not remember the exact initials but Bishop LeFebvre broke away from the papacy. So before anyone judges me and stereotypes what I wrote, they should look at it in the broader sense of what it was intended for. This is a perfect example of what kind happen when you are dating someone and misjudging a person's comments. Anyone who knows me on the forums, knows that I take each person individually and the only thing that concerns me is that I follow the Church, I do not judge anyone else. I leave that to God.

DISCLAIMER: My post is meant on an individual basis in regards to each person and their views in regarding relationships leading to marriage and how they compromise. It is not intending that anyone specific person is not following the Church but only from my observation of what has been written by so many on these forum and from peronal experience. If I offended anyone I apoloize - I know that many Traditional Cathlics are in unity with the papcy. I also know some are not, just as some Novo Ordo are in union and some are not.

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: These are good questions. The one I have a problem with, respectfully, is t...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

These are good questions.

The one I have a problem with, respectfully, is the above one posted by Mary. It assumes that all traditional church attendees DO NOT follow Pope Francis, and there is not necessarily a divide there. It stereotypes people too readily and that is not necessarily the truth. Please be more careful how you phrase questions in the future. This could start up another one of the not-so-nice threads that have been on the forums lately.

--hide--

Rosanna, if this starts up another "not so nice thread," then people need to step back and look at at their spirituality and do they put on the heart of mind of Christ that they proclaim in the forums. It is unfortunate that one cannot state something and people read it and not project something that is not there and jump on the band wagon. Christ had compassion and mercy to all and thought before he spoke. theheart hug

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Matt, Shara is not talking about finding a person by dating, she is asking what questions w...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Matt, Shara is not talking about finding a person by dating, she is asking what questions would be helpful in the event after dating you find one person who you would like to go deeper to see if this person is the one you are "moving towards marriage. "

Sometimes dating is the easy part, the next step is dating the person that you want it to go to another level.

--hide--

Agreed this is not geared towrads someone you are just meeting. This assumes that this is someone that you have been dating and that you have got to know well and are interested in discerning compatibility because you have the chemistry piece down.

Mar 24th 2013 new

I think, for me, the saddest thing about attending Mass is when I see a married woman unattended by her hubby. Either he had to work, or she married a non-Catholic... doesn't matter, I think it's sad. If you are married you belong next to your spouse at Mass, regardless if it is TLM or NO.

There is nothing more romantic than praying together and attending Mass together, but maybe I'm weird that way?

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: I think, for me, the saddest thing about attending Mass is when I see a married woman unattended by ...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

I think, for me, the saddest thing about attending Mass is when I see a married woman unattended by her hubby. Either he had to work, or she married a non-Catholic... doesn't matter, I think it's sad. If you are married you belong next to your spouse at Mass, regardless if it is TLM or NO.

There is nothing more romantic than praying together and attending Mass together, but maybe I'm weird that way?

--hide--
Nope Jim you are not weird at all, the family that prayes together stays together. "Were there are two or more...I am there"

That's what we're all looking for here on CM aren't we? Praying Dove

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: I think, for me, the saddest thing about attending Mass is when I see a married woman unattended by ...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

--hide--

Jim you are not weird at all. It is so important for the man to be not just the leader but the spiritual leader of the family. Thank you for recognizing that for being the kind of man who understands the need for that. Some very lucky lady will be gifted with you some day. hug

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

--hide--
Don't think it's strange either.It's something I miss and find important to this day.

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

--hide--

There is a couple who sits in the pew behind me usually. Obviously, the husband is not Catholic. He doesn't even go up for a blessing or kneel. But he comes with her, and when it's raining, he will drop her off, then go park. I am curious as to what religion he is, but he seems quiet. I don't want to scare him off. wink

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: There is a couple who sits in the pew behind me usually. Obviously, the husband is no...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

There is a couple who sits in the pew behind me usually. Obviously, the husband is not Catholic. He doesn't even go up for a blessing or kneel. But he comes with her, and when it's raining, he will drop her off, then go park. I am curious as to what religion he is, but he seems quiet. I don't want to scare him off.

--hide--

Tara, why not pray for an opening and sit back and see what happens. You're wise to be concerned but God may open a door and get you that answer!

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: Tara, why not pray for an opening and sit back and see what happens. You're wise to...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

Tara, why not pray for an opening and sit back and see what happens. You're wise to be concerned but God may open a door and get you that answer!

--hide--

I am just too curious. They're a nice couple. biggrin

Posts 21 - 30 of 62