Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I am just too curious. They're a nice couple.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I am just too curious. They're a nice couple.

--hide--

While I am sure you are curious I'm of the opinion it is the leading of the Holy Spirit. Maybe that nice lady is quietly praying her hubby come into the church and isn't sure how to go about it. You just might be that answer to prayer!

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: I think, for me, the saddest thing about attending Mass is when I see a married woman unattended by ...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

I think, for me, the saddest thing about attending Mass is when I see a married woman unattended by her hubby. Either he had to work, or she married a non-Catholic... doesn't matter, I think it's sad. If you are married you belong next to your spouse at Mass, regardless if it is TLM or NO.

There is nothing more romantic than praying together and attending Mass together, but maybe I'm weird that way?

--hide--

If you are weird for thinking that, then "weirdness" should be in style! cool

I once encountered a lady friend of my sister who said she didn't go to Mass with her husband because she preferred another one. I told her - in no offensive manner - that her place was by him. I tried to tell her that that small "sacrifice" would be sweet of her in hopes that she'd meditate on it. I don't know if that seed fell by the road, or grew. My place was to plant the seed.

God Bless the Weird! hug

Mari

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: If you are weird for thinking that, then "weirdness" should be in style!
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

If you are weird for thinking that, then "weirdness" should be in style!

I once encountered a lady friend of my sister who said she didn't go to Mass with her husband because she preferred another one. I told her - in no offensive manner - that her place was by him. I tried to tell her that that small "sacrifice" would be sweet of her in hopes that she'd meditate on it. I don't know if that seed fell by the road, or grew. My place was to plant the seed.

God Bless the Weird!

Mari

--hide--

well it's weird in the sense that I don't often see it. I am a diehard romantic and unless your spouse is sick, he or she (as the case may be) belongs right beside you during the Mass. That's another reason why I don't believe in marrying protestants. I want a Catholic woman who will understand why my faith is so important to me. I have one aunt and uncle who told me they pray the rosary every night together before they go to sleep. I almost cried when I heard that. That's what I want and I am stubborn enough to hold out until I find her. Make sense?

Mar 25th 2013 new

Prayer, of course. I always tell the Lord that "If this is not of you Lord, please shut the door; in such a spectacular fashion that even the atheists would know it!" I find its too easy to just amble along a path saying "well, this must be of God because things are going so swimmingly".

Nope, not always workin' like that.

Of equal importance is to have a good spiritual director, its too dangerous to rely solely on your own personal discernment. That's how Christian women end up with the legs in the air in abortion clinics. An outside pair of eyes, or two can help discern the situation without being clouded and biased by that romance induced vigor.

I have a couple of spiritual directors that I can call on when need be. I do have family members with strong spiritual gifts, but I've found sometiems they fall victim to their own biases towards me and what they want for me, rather than what God wants for me.

End of the day, I'm not really fussy about who I marry, as long as he's a good solid Catholic and hasn't done time for shooting previous girlfriends. People are too picky, have too high expectations. I don't even think "love" is required pre-marriage, sure, a certain level of tolerance and "like", but too many people think love is some butterflies in the intestine sensation where everything is just peachy. Love is self-sacrificial, it is about service and willing the good of the other above self. With that mindset, I think its such that love should increase AFTER the vows have been said.

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: I have one aunt and uncle who told me they pray the rosary every night together before they go to sleep. I ...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said: I have one aunt and uncle who told me they pray the rosary every night together before they go to sleep. I almost cried when I heard that. That's what I want and I am stubborn enough to hold out until I find her.

--hide--
Amen.

Mar 25th 2013 new

[quote]Naomi-698107 said:

Prayer, of course. I always tell the Lord that "If this is not of you Lord, please shut the door; in such a spectacular fashion that even the atheists would know it!" I find its too easy to just amble along a path saying "well, this must be of God because things are going so swimmingly".

[quote]/

I like the way you pray. I think I will start using that, starting tonight!

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: well it's weird in the sense that I don't often see it. I am a diehard romantic...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

well it's weird in the sense that I don't often see it. I am a diehard romantic and unless your spouse is sick, he or she (as the case may be) belongs right beside you during the Mass. That's another reason why I don't believe in marrying protestants. I want a Catholic woman who will understand why my faith is so important to me. I have one aunt and uncle who told me they pray the rosary every night together before they go to sleep. I almost cried when I heard that. That's what I want and I am stubborn enough to hold out until I find her. Make sense?

--hide--

I wish I could say that I've thought of going with my husband to Mass is romantic, but I didn't. hmmm...

May I suggest something romantic, on that line? How about going to Mass, then asking the priest to send an Extraordinary Minister to take Holy Communion to your ailing spouse??? Way better than a box of chocolates or magazines, right? wink heartbeat

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: I wish I could say that I've thought of going with my husband to Mass is romantic...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

I wish I could say that I've thought of going with my husband to Mass is romantic, but I didn't. hmmm...

May I suggest something romantic, on that line? How about going to Mass, then asking the priest to send an Extraordinary Minister to take Holy Communion to your ailing spouse??? Way better than a box of chocolates or magazines, right?

--hide--

Mari,

I was using the word romantic in a deeper sense of the word. Uniting heart, soul and spirit in union with Our Lord.
If my spouse were ill I would definitely do as you suggested as I tend to be a thoughtful person (sometimes clueless too).

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: Mari, I was using the word romantic in a deeper sense of the word. Uniting heart, soul an...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

Mari,

I was using the word romantic in a deeper sense of the word. Uniting heart, soul and spirit in union with Our Lord.
If my spouse were ill I would definitely do as you suggested as I tend to be a thoughtful person (sometimes clueless too).

--hide--

Surely, Jim. We know all about the three Altars. Following your post, I thought it would be romantic to be able to provide for my husband not only for his soul's nourishment, but for him to be United with OUR most beloved... so that OUR love may continue to give unto each other.

I know U get it... wink We're on the same page.

Mar 26th 2013 new

Maybe one of them is home with a sick child or elderly parent.

Posts 31 - 40 of 62