Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

St. Paul and the Single Living

Mar 23rd 2013 new

I have seen topics recently on this forum about the difficulties and challenges of the single life. I thought it would be interesting to bring up what St. Paul said about the single life in his first letter to the Corinthians chapter seven.

Here are a few verses that spoke to me, but it maybe better for others interested to read these verses in context to the rest of the chapter.
(I Cor. 7:25-40)

Vs. 8-10 "Now to the unmarried and to widows I say; it is a good thing for them to remain as they are, as I do, but if they cannot exercise self-control they should marry, for it is better to marry than to be on fire."
Vs. 32-35 "I should like you to be free of anxieties. An unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord. But a married man is anxious about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, and he is divided. An unmarried woman or a virgin is anxious about the things of the Lord, so that she may be holy in both body and spirit. A married woman, on the other hand, is anxious about the things of the world, how she may please her husband. I am telling you this for your own benefit, not to impose a restraint on you, but for the sake of propriety and adherence to the Lord without distraction."

We have a great oppurtunity right now as singles to draw closer to God and His love for us. We are also more free to share the love of Christ to others in their need. It's easy for us to be caught up in our own loneliness and unfufilled desires than to focus on Christ and the needs of others around us ( I know this very well! tongue ). May God bless us during this special time in life, so we may become more anxious in pleasing the Lord! wave

Mar 23rd 2013 new

I meant "Life" not "Living" in the title! rolling eyes

Posts 1 - 2 of 2