Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

It seems that the older I get, the harder it is to determine younger people's ages. Plus I tend to forget how old I am myself sometimes. I have talked with someone before about noticing a young lady, she seems nice, and wondering if she is available. Then it occurs to me that she has to be at least 5 or 6 years younger than me. She probably thinks I'm some creepy old man looking for a young girl. Someone else says that is not an unreasonable difference at all. I am skeptical. I am not really looking for someone that young, but I hate the thought of having someone think of me like that.

03/23/2013 new

I usually only look a year or two younger than myself but as high as 10 years older. I once dated a very nice man who was 9 years older than me. I don't know if I'm a normal example, but I like the older men, they are more steady and seem to be more certain about what they want in life.

03/24/2013 new
Hi Luke, I think just like other physical characteristics such as hair color, it's a personal choice. What are you attracted to? What is the other person attracted to? In the past, men could date extremely young comparatively and it was acceptable. Now woman, called cougars, can date younger men. I can envision almost a 15-20 year gap with the right, healthy, mature people. More than that and I think each individual may need to reconsider the attraction. Just my own take. But my last thought/hint- just smile and be open...you will know pretty quick if the woman thinks you are nice or a creep. No worries.
03/24/2013 new

(Quote) Luke-955053 said: It seems that the older I get, the harder it is to determine younger people's ages. Plus I ten...
(Quote) Luke-955053 said:

It seems that the older I get, the harder it is to determine younger people's ages. Plus I tend to forget how old I am myself sometimes. I have talked with someone before about noticing a young lady, she seems nice, and wondering if she is available. Then it occurs to me that she has to be at least 5 or 6 years younger than me. She probably thinks I'm some creepy old man looking for a young girl. Someone else says that is not an unreasonable difference at all. I am skeptical. I am not really looking for someone that young, but I hate the thought of having someone think of me like that.

--hide--

5 or 6 years? in your 30s? That is nothing if you both click! Send her a message if you like her or would like to know her better! I dated a Godly man from CM some months, he was amost 8 years older than me. I never felt the difference. And it was alright for my parents too from the beginning! In fact, on of my great aunts, she married a man also 8 years or so older so it was not an issue. Good Luck Luke! oops I got mixed up with the spelling it is so similar!! :D

03/24/2013 new

Thanks for the comments so far. Just for clarification, this is a combo hypothetical situation and past observation. My mother is actually 14 years older than her husband and they love each other dearly. Been married for over 15 years now I believe. It's just that standards can change in some areas as generations change. Please keep the comments coming!

03/26/2013 new

I think on average for my generation there is a 5 year bubble around your age when it is 100% accepted by everyone then it depends more on the person. personally i try to stick to 5-8 years older or 2 years younger but if i met someone outside that range i would evaluate based on the person.

03/26/2013 new

Each woman will have her own idea about what a good age range is just as each man will. All women do not think alike anymore then all men do. You should probably expand this to what is the general acceptable age range rather than singling out one sex - because it's personality driven not gender driven.

03/26/2013 new
I only date older men. But the oldest I will date is 47. I'm almost 35
04/02/2013 new

An interesting topic. I don't think that it can be answered except by each woman, individually, though. I would be willing to date someone ten years younger, but that's about it. However, I note on sites where you can state an age range, there are some 30 year olds who stated 27-40 years for men they would consider, and a 36 year old who said 34-38. So some like a very narrow range! 40 is a horrible number, though, because I don't look and act 40 (well except maybe the day after co-rec if I slid a lot).

04/05/2013 new
Personally I will probably only date 2 to 3 years older but willing to go 5 years for the right person
Posts 1 - 10 of 76