Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jul 17th 2013 new
I would quickly say, "to each his/her own." But, my personal age range is to not go more than 15 years my senior and no more than 3 years my junior.
Jul 21st 2013 new
I'm pretty close to that. I really don't prefer younger and would really only go 2 years that direction and probably 12-15 older.
Jul 21st 2013 new
Luke, I have a long-standing chum who has warned me that not everyone, even on CatholicMatch, (which he has participated in from time to time over the years, ALWAYS tells the truth. He met someone, he told me, who was many years over her posted age. He told me that she feared that if she posted her real age, no one would reach out to her. What a sad state of affairs. What is wrong with being up front???? I think in what I am looking for, I post 5 up and 5 down, but I did have a splendid time meeting a youngster 7 or 8 years younger than I. Joan
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Luke-955053 said:

It seems that the older I get, the harder it is to determine younger people's ages. Plus I tend to forget how old I am myself sometimes. I have talked with someone before about noticing a young lady, she seems nice, and wondering if she is available. Then it occurs to me that she has to be at least 5 or 6 years younger than me. She probably thinks I'm some creepy old man looking for a young girl. Someone else says that is not an unreasonable difference at all. I am skeptical. I am not really looking for someone that young, but I hate the thought of having someone think of me like that.

Hello Luke

More than 5 years younger might be too young (for me that is) and more than 10 years older may be too old for me...

Honestly though, what other people think has nothing to do with you. If God sends a 20-something your way or a 40-something your way, I say, keep an open mind.
Jul 21st 2013 new
I think it's all a personally choice, but for me I can't go to far below me before I start feeling like I'm babysitting. :) As for older... I am comfortable with up to eight in my mind. Any older and then the whole question of "what happens when we are seniors" comes up. I don't want to be on this site a second time in fifty years because my husband died leaving me with too many years to deal with. Also, I think maturity level helps. I would not want a man too many years younger because I'm already too mature for my age. tongue
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Joan-684265 said: Luke, I have a long-standing chum who has warned me that not everyone, even on CatholicMatch, (which he has participated in from time to time over the years, ALWAYS tells the truth. He met someone, he told me, who was many years over her posted age. He told me that she feared that if she posted her real age, no one would reach out to her. What a sad state of affairs. What is wrong with being up front???? I think in what I am looking for, I post 5 up and 5 down, but I did have a splendid time meeting a youngster 7 or 8 years younger than I. Joan
If one is fortunate to meet someone IRL, when you're not wearing "Age Tags", one may be VERY surprised how two mature adults might get interested in each other, no matter what the age difference .
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Luke-955053 said:

It seems that the older I get, the harder it is to determine younger people's ages. Plus I tend to forget how old I am myself sometimes. I have talked with someone before about noticing a young lady, she seems nice, and wondering if she is available. Then it occurs to me that she has to be at least 5 or 6 years younger than me. She probably thinks I'm some creepy old man looking for a young girl. Someone else says that is not an unreasonable difference at all. I am skeptical. I am not really looking for someone that young, but I hate the thought of having someone think of me like that.

Luke,

I always love how people judge a person's suitability by age. I pay attention to that to some degree, but I find that women in their early 30s to late 40s are generally quite accepting of me (40.)

Age is just a number. I can out-run most 18 years olds and routinely win actual and informal foot races. Older women are actually becoming more attractive to me, because they know more and have experienced more. I figure many women want an older man who's been around the block and learned a thing or two about our wonderful faith.
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: If one is fortunate to meet someone IRL, when you're not wearing "Age Tags", one may be VERY surprised how two mature adults might get interested in each other, no matter what the age difference .
Amen, Bob. We so limit ourselves by putting such emphasis on age.
Jul 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Michael-780154 said: Amen, Bob. We so limit ourselves by putting such emphasis on age.
At 60, I tend to look at men a bit younger than myself. Hate to say it, because when I was young, I most men I dated were 10-12 years older. Now to see some men at 70-72 it seems like we don't have that much in common. Probably because we don't have a personal history together? Or is it I wonder because my own dad at 74 which seemed so young to me.
Jul 24th 2013 new
For me, I've always been attracted to older guys, with one or two exceptions. I consider people 2-3 years younger, but when I first started teaching at 22, I had a 19 year old student, so its hard to date someone the age of someone I might have taught. As for older men, I consider up to 8 or 9 years older. My parents are 7 years apart (with my dad older than my mom), so I grew up with that age gap of being natural to me. I'm also someone a lot of people call either an old soul, or someone who grew up early on (I was a National Scorekeeper for volleyball at age 15 - where I was around adults only for the national tournament,)

That being said, I agree that it varies from woman to woman.
Posts 21 - 30 of 76