Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jul 31st 2013 new
I agree. It is not about the age, but it is all about the emotional and mental maturity of the guy. But , generally, women are more emotionally and mentally matured than men. I think i read women are matured 5 years(in average) compared to men of he same age. But of course, in every rule there are always exceptions. For me,persomally I would go with someone 5 or 10years older, but then again it depends on other miltitude of factors, e.g. compatibiliy, chemistry, etc.
Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) Em-934416 said: I agree. It is not about the age, but it is all about the emotional and mental maturity of the guy. But , generally, women are more emotionally and mentally matured than men. I think i read women are matured 5 years(in average) compared to men of he same age. But of course, in every rule there are always exceptions. For me,persomally I would go with someone 5 or 10years older, but then again it depends on other miltitude of factors, e.g. compatibiliy, chemistry, etc.
This!
Aug 5th 2013 new
Because back when husbands supported wives, they had to be "established" before they could marry. And that often meant they were 10 years older. . .
Aug 5th 2013 new
As for me, regardless of your age, you have to pass the crow's feet test. For those of you who are Grease the movie fans, you know what one is. . . .
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) Tricia-321356 said: I think it depends on where you are in life. In my observation, the years of about 25 to 45/50 are all kind of relevant. The are the prime years of adulthood...............before reaching 'middle age' of 50's or so. When one is older or younger than what has been touted "the best years of my life' (25 - 50), it becomes much more complicated.

Closer to 50, some have aged well, and enjoyed good health, some not. The age gap becomes much more noticeable again. Even with generational issues and experiences. (I am just below the 'baby boomer' generation and I have cousins 6 to 12 years older than me.........what a difference! My cousins ( not all people this age)...they are the leftover hippie generation, burning bras, women's lib, don't trust the government, eveything should be a program, save the whales, kill the babies, cure the environment but who cares about curing the soul, granola, marijuana and Birkenstock)...I cant even relate to these ideas, and they actually include people born in 1962 ( 1 year younger than me) as part of this baby boom generation!

So if you are 24.....5 years younger is a 19 year old, ten years younger is a 14 year old kid! Well, at 49, 11 years older is 60! UGH!! My head is still in relative middle age, not 'grandparents' age.

I am not yet 50, and it seems the majority of people reaching out to me are well into their 60s. I'm sure they are lovely people and I dont mean to be unkind....as I'm not Angelina, and I'm not looking for Brad Pitt!

But I feel I am very active, am fairly attractive for my age( not dated looking in my style or attitudes), enjoy good health, have a variety of interests, stable and I feel young and energetic....etc. I would like someone closer to my age. Ideal would be 47 to 52...a five year range. I know that may seem very narrow, and so, at this stage in life, I open it up a bit: 45 - 55. This is a 10 years span and I think is reasonable.

I have had some suggest that age should not be an issue. Well, if that is so, the 63 year olds (13 years older than me) that have reached out to me should have no trouble meeting my mom. She is 76, looks fantastic for her age, and is in good health, and a fun person ( great cook too)! I think most 63 year old men would cringe at dating at 76 year old women. They probably have family members/Aunties that age!

My point is ....when one is older (50 +), that 12 - 15 year age difference becomes a LOT again. It feels like a MUCH BIGGER GAP than the difference between 32 and 45.

Gross, age does make a difference! In the end, it usually never works out. With a very few exceptions.
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) Lynn-189934 said: As for me, regardless of your age, you have to pass the crow's feet test. For those of you who are Grease the movie fans, you know what one is. . . .
As for me, you still have to have a full head of hair, regardless of age.
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-857740 said: As for me, you still have to have a full head of hair, regardless of age.
wide eyed scratchchin www.pattayadailynews.com
Aug 6th 2013 new
I do wonder about this, and will say that my most successful long-term or even short-term dating relationships in the past were with about a four-six year age gap. I don't know why it was, but I theorized the longer a woman OR man lives alone, the more difficult it is to make accommodation or room for someone else in our lives; I'm either busy with school in addition to work, or am dating socially, most of the time. Some are serious, some are not. If I don't meet anyone online, I usually have someone I'm at least pursuing or going out with occasionally in person. I have, in the past, preferred a little bit younger, then.
Aug 6th 2013 new
I generally consider an age range in my decade, so thirty-somethings. I'd be open to someone 3-4 years younger, though. I know of a few successful relationships where the wife is older, so I'm not averse to that. As others have pointed out, it really comes down to maturity and mutual interest.
Aug 6th 2013 new
So here is a challenging question for you late 20-something and 30-something ladies, as a 40-something guy who exercises almost daily, is in great health (physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, career-wise, etc.), what is your advise to us 40-something guys who are seeking a nice Catholic wife.

Assuming that we are mature in the right ways, what is the typical age range you would consider us too old (perhaps too mature or worldly/experienced in life) 4 years older than you, 10 years, 15 years or how many years do you actually consider us too old to date (and yes, I have seen the CatholicMatch poll)?
Posts 41 - 50 of 76