Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: They have WiFi? Maybe someday you'll find they have a WiFe for you, too, Peter.....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

They have WiFi? Maybe someday you'll find they have a WiFe for you, too, Peter.....

--hide--

But where do we find WiFo and WiFum?

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: However, Chick Fil A does, Jerry. And that's OK with me since I love Chick Fil A ...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

However, Chick Fil A does, Jerry. And that's OK with me since I love Chick Fil A and am not really a coffee fan anway...

--hide--
Me too...I don't like coffee anyway, but I love chick fil a

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: But where do we find WiFo and WiFum?
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

But where do we find WiFo and WiFum?

--hide--
scratchchin You'd best check with the Englishman or the Giant....

Mar 25th 2013 new

I always found their coffee rather bland to be honest.

CEO doesn't really understand diversity or good business sense.

I'd laugh whilst doing a merry jig if the backlash of "traditional marriage" supporters was so massive it cut into their profits. See how firmly he keeps to his "moral stand" then.

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: At the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, CEO Howard Schultz sent a clear...

At the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, CEO Howard Schultz sent a clear message to anyone who supports traditional marriage over gay marriage: we don't want your business. After saying Starbucks wants to "embrace diversity of all kinds," he told a shareholder who supports traditional marriage that he should sell his shares and invest in some other company.

According to a report by Forbes, Schultz seemed a bit intolerant of any Starbucks shareholders who opposed gay marriage for moral or religious reasons. During the meeting, shareholder Tom Strobhar (who founded the Corporate Morality Action Center) pointed out that after the company voiced its support for a referendum backing gay marriage in Washington state, a boycott by traditional marriage supporters caused a drop in sales revenue. Schultz told him "You can sell your shares in Starbucks and buy shares in another company" if he did not agree with the company's pro-gay marriage stand.

www.examiner.com

--hide--

Lucky me, I prefer the hot, black coffee down at the Greasy Spoon, or the Barn. Good old stick-to-your-ribs coffee. wink

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: At the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, CEO Howard Schultz sent a clear...

At the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, CEO Howard Schultz sent a clear message to anyone who supports traditional marriage over gay marriage: we don't want your business. After saying Starbucks wants to "embrace diversity of all kinds," he told a shareholder who supports traditional marriage that he should sell his shares and invest in some other company.

According to a report by Forbes, Schultz seemed a bit intolerant of any Starbucks shareholders who opposed gay marriage for moral or religious reasons. During the meeting, shareholder Tom Strobhar (who founded the Corporate Morality Action Center) pointed out that after the company voiced its support for a referendum backing gay marriage in Washington state, a boycott by traditional marriage supporters caused a drop in sales revenue. Schultz told him "You can sell your shares in Starbucks and buy shares in another company" if he did not agree with the company's pro-gay marriage stand.

www.examiner.com

--hide--
Bro: I'am not a "Starbucks" Fan; that Company; Is (way) over rated; I lke my cup of Java at home! (peace & quiet) i would never invest in this company now!!

Mar 25th 2013 new

The only thing I'd miss would be the mocha valencia frappuccino- except they discontinued the valencia flavor a couple years back. I miss that and I might miss their iced coffee in the summer. Otherwise, no loss.

However, I was thinking this might be a real blessing too if instead of dropping $$ on a giant corporation, people seek out the local and family-owned cafes in their neighborhood and spend there instead. It may not be practical for everyone who has to run around and needs to grab coffee while in the car, but I'm sure in most towns, there's at least one small coffee shop.

Mar 25th 2013 new

www.examiner.com

--hide--

Thank you for posting this. I have been boyotting Starbucks for a year now for this very reason. And they say WE'RE intolerant...

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: At the Starbucks annual shareholders mee...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

www.examiner.com

Thanks Jerry, I stopped buying their overpriced bitter tasting swill a long time ago. This is one more good reason to avoid them. McDonald's coffee is better, cheaper, and they also have WiFi.

--hide--

Peter,

..........and a date costs much less especially if you coupons. laughing laughing

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Mar 25th 2013 new

www.examiner.com

--hide--

I dont have any of their stock, but this is good to know since i did go there ocassionally. Einstein has great Coffee anyway and half the price! thumbsup thumbsup

Posts 11 - 20 of 69