Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 25th 2013 new

Give me a local greasy spoon cup of coffee anyday!!!

Mar 25th 2013 new

Starbucks will never see me grace their doorstep again.! crazy flamed tombstone Harp

Mar 25th 2013 new

I've always thought that it would be interesting, and perhaps productive, to place some sort of Catholic pamphlet on a table or bulletin board every time on the way in or out of the store. Employees couldn't do this, but patrons could.

Ed

Mar 25th 2013 new
Thank you Jerry for the post. Even though i love their coffee i will never go there again. I will spread the news between my friends.... Shame on them
Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: But where do we find WiFo and WiFum?
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

But where do we find WiFo and WiFum?

--hide--

Back when places first started advertising FREE WIFI, my mom said, Free Wiffy. laughing She's so freakin' cute.

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I always found their coffee rather bland to be honest. CEO doesn't really understand d...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I always found their coffee rather bland to be honest.

CEO doesn't really understand diversity or good business sense.

I'd laugh whilst doing a merry jig if the backlash of "traditional marriage" supporters was so massive it cut into their profits. See how firmly he keeps to his "moral stand" then.

--hide--

Not so TOLERANT, is he?

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: At the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, CEO Howard Schultz sent a clear...

At the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, CEO Howard Schultz sent a clear message to anyone who supports traditional marriage over gay marriage: we don't want your business. After saying Starbucks wants to "embrace diversity of all kinds," he told a shareholder who supports traditional marriage that he should sell his shares and invest in some other company.

According to a report by Forbes, Schultz seemed a bit intolerant of any Starbucks shareholders who opposed gay marriage for moral or religious reasons. During the meeting, shareholder Tom Strobhar (who founded the Corporate Morality Action Center) pointed out that after the company voiced its support for a referendum backing gay marriage in Washington state, a boycott by traditional marriage supporters caused a drop in sales revenue. Schultz told him "You can sell your shares in Starbucks and buy shares in another company" if he did not agree with the company's pro-gay marriage stand.

www.examiner.com

--hide--

I always find it interesting that they want to embrace diversity, but think diversity includes everything but traditional not embracing all kinds of diversity then.

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: For the workers in the stores, who have no say in corporate policy or its implementation,...

For the workers in the stores, who have no say in corporate policy or its implementation, their employment would be considered remote cooperation, and thus would be morally permissible if they could not find suitable alternate employment. For supervisors, managers, store owners, etc., it could be a bit more dicey, depending on how actively they are required to participate in imposing immoral standards on others. Pray for them!

--hide--

Will do!

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Cut it up and mail it back to them....

Cut it up and mail it back to them....

--hide--

I haven't darkened the door of a Starbucks in years. Won't now either.

OTOH, if you're in Dayton, check out Boston Stoker. Now there's coffee for you.

www.bostonstoker.com

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Angelie-248306 said: The only thing I'd miss would be the mocha valencia frappuccino- except they discontinued t...
(Quote) Angelie-248306 said:

The only thing I'd miss would be the mocha valencia frappuccino- except they discontinued the valencia flavor a couple years back. I miss that and I might miss their iced coffee in the summer. Otherwise, no loss.

However, I was thinking this might be a real blessing too if instead of dropping $$ on a giant corporation, people seek out the local and family-owned cafes in their neighborhood and spend there instead. It may not be practical for everyone who has to run around and needs to grab coffee while in the car, but I'm sure in most towns, there's at least one small coffee shop.

--hide--

I am from a major coffee family. Growing up, we only went to McDonald's for their sundaes (99 cents back then), but now we go there for the McCafe's. In fact, I picked them up this morning. They have a decent amount of espresso in them. My mom isn't a fan of Frappuncinos, but she likes the Starbucks mocha because that is strong enough for her. We typically support PJ's. http://www.pjscoffee.com They're all over New Orleans and the surrounding areas.

Posts 21 - 30 of 69