Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: (Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Paul et alia,No, I get my...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

Quote:
James-17080 said:

Hi Paul et alia,

No, I get my coffee already ground through the mail. I get to mix different flavors, and I get a cup of coffee that's better than any I had at Starbucks.

James ☺

Hi james, Where do you order your coffee from? I'm intrested! And is it discounted??

--hide--

Hi Elizabeth et alia,

I get my coffee from Gevalia.

James :-)

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: For the workers in the stores, who have no say in corporate policy or its implementation, their em...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

For the workers in the stores, who have no say in corporate policy or its implementation, their employment would be considered remote cooperation, and thus would be morally permissible if they could not find suitable alternate employment. For supervisors, managers, store owners, etc., it could be a bit more dicey, depending on how actively they are required to participate in imposing immoral standards on others. Pray for them!

--hide--

You said "if they could not find suitable alternate employment" above. As regular employees, are we obligated to look for another job if our company's corporate office monetarily contributes to immoral causes? I would guess that would eliminate many jobs/companies from our potential list of employers in today's society, no? I don't really know what kind of causes an average company supports nowadays.

Mar 26th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: and Eat 'n Park, a family restaurant chain based in Pittsburgh, just to name two.
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

and Eat 'n Park, a family restaurant chain based in Pittsburgh, just to name two.

--hide--
I was going to mention Eat 'n Park coffee but I figured only those from Western PA would know what I'm talking about. Your post prompted me to look up their locations. They now have 75 restaurants in OH, PA, and WV.

Eat 'n Park coffee is my favorite. That's what I prefer to use at home. Dunkin' Donuts coffee isn't bad, either. Actually, anything but Starbucks is acceptable.
Mar 26th 2013 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Totally agree. Never understood how Starbucks became prosperous i...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Totally agree. Never understood how Starbucks became prosperous in the first place. Their coffee is way too bitter.

Always preferred McDonald's coffee.

A perfect opportunity to remind everyone that McDonald's provides lodging and meals for families of out-of-town pediatric hospital patients. A fantastic charity!!! www.rmhc.com

You can dump your spare change at the drive up windows which goes to those houses too.

--hide--
Thanks for mentioning that, Elizabeth!

Another way to help is to save pop tabs and drop them off at a Ronald McDonald House located near major hospitals. www.rmhc.com
Mar 26th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I was going to mention Eat 'n Park coffee but I figured only those from Western PA would know what I'm talk...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I was going to mention Eat 'n Park coffee but I figured only those from Western PA would know what I'm talking about. Your post prompted me to look up their locations. They now have 75 restaurants in OH, PA, and WV.

Eat 'n Park coffee is my favorite. That's what I prefer to use at home. Dunkin' Donuts coffee isn't bad, either. Actually, anything but Starbucks is acceptable.
--hide--
Eat n Park has been in Morgantown longer than I have. In fact, I think the first time I ever saw one of their commercials was the first night I ever set wheel in Morgantown, the night before my big job interview in December 1994. I didn't eat there on that visit, though - my first meal at Eat n Park would come after I moved here a month and a half later.
Mar 26th 2013 new

Boycotts rarely work, but yeah, if you can avoid Starbucks - don't go there. I actually have gift card so I might as well use it up to deplete their resources as they already have the money. Starbucks is symbolic of most large corporations now - they think being for marriage destruction is good business. Well, marriage destruction may now have majority support, but there are still a lot of people who still actually think a marriage involves a bride and a groom, so this CEO is really an idiot for not only being for marriage destruction but being so dismissive of shareholder who actually was wondering if this was good business practice.

IN addition, yeah, I've never really liked their products all that much, but I can't stand their workers far more.

Mar 27th 2013 new

I just sent a link to a news article about Starbucks comments to a friend in Chicago. Her daughter manages a store in Chigcago, they are not Catholic, but very active in their church. It will be interesting to see what their daughter says from her perspective.

Mar 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Eat n Park has been in Morgantown longer than I have. In fact, I think the first time I ever saw one of their comm...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Eat n Park has been in Morgantown longer than I have. In fact, I think the first time I ever saw one of their commercials was the first night I ever set wheel in Morgantown, the night before my big job interview in December 1994. I didn't eat there on that visit, though - my first meal at Eat n Park would come after I moved here a month and a half later.
--hide--
Really? Where have I been? I've never seen one in Morgantown. Do you know when they established the first restaurant in Morgantown?
Mar 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Really? Where have I been? I've never seen one in Morgantown. Do you know when they established the first re...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Really? Where have I been? I've never seen one in Morgantown. Do you know when they established the first restaurant in Morgantown?
--hide--
There's only one in Morgantown. I have no idea when it opened. It's been in the same location the entire time I've lived here. The restaurant was renovated a few years ago.
Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Me too...I don't like coffee anyway, but I love chick fil a
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Me too...I don't like coffee anyway, but I love chick fil a

--hide--

highfive

I'm just glad Chick Fil A is such a good company because I love their chicken sandwiches...

Posts 51 - 60 of 69