Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: gma.yahoo.com Youngis "ready ...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

gma.yahoo.com

Tomas Youngis "ready to go" as he puts it. After nine years of suffering and with his body quickly deteriorating he has decided to end his struggle.

Young, 33, was paralyzed from the chest down by a sniper's bullet in a battle in Sadr City, Iraq on April 4, 2004, less than a week after he got to the country. He had joined the Army just two days after September 11, 2001 and assumed he would be sent to Afghanistan. Now nine years after that battle he is choosing to end his suffering. He is in hospice care and getting ready to die.

"I just decided that I was tired of seeing my body deteriorate and I want to go before it's too late," Young said in phone interview with ABC News from his home in Kansas City, Mo. "I've been doing this for the past nine years now…and I finally felt helpless every day and a burden to the people who take care of me and that's why I want to go."

--hide--

This is really heartbreaking. Tomas have suffered so much. I empathically feel what he's going through.
Ahhhh....the tragedy of war sad I pray that your friend will be brave enough not to hasten his life but wait for God's decision when he will take him. Praying Praying rosary rosary theheart theheart

Mar 25th 2013 new

Praying

Mar 25th 2013 new

Praying rosary

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: gma.yahoo.com Youngis "ready ...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

gma.yahoo.com

Tomas Youngis "ready to go" as he puts it. After nine years of suffering and with his body quickly deteriorating he has decided to end his struggle.

Young, 33, was paralyzed from the chest down by a sniper's bullet in a battle in Sadr City, Iraq on April 4, 2004, less than a week after he got to the country. He had joined the Army just two days after September 11, 2001 and assumed he would be sent to Afghanistan. Now nine years after that battle he is choosing to end his suffering. He is in hospice care and getting ready to die.

"I just decided that I was tired of seeing my body deteriorate and I want to go before it's too late," Young said in phone interview with ABC News from his home in Kansas City, Mo. "I've been doing this for the past nine years now…and I finally felt helpless every day and a burden to the people who take care of me and that's why I want to go."

--hide--
Reading this young man's story breaks your heart. We cannot imagine what every waking hour is like for him. He is right- those who want him to "hang in there" for a little while longer cannot grasp what it must be like to live in his skin. Mr. Young is making this choice while he still can. He has my prayers for a peaceful death surrounded by his loved ones. theheart Praying

Mar 25th 2013 new

Praying

Mar 25th 2013 new

Praying

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Reading this young man's story breaks your heart. We cannot imagine what every waking hour is...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Reading this young man's story breaks your heart. We cannot imagine what every waking hour is like for him. He is right- those who want him to "hang in there" for a little while longer cannot grasp what it must be like to live in his skin. Mr. Young is making this choice while he still can. He has my prayers for a peaceful death surrounded by his loved ones.

--hide--
We should honor Tomas Young by praying that we do not allow our leaders to send young American soldiers to fight in the next war already in the pipeline- against Iran. theheart Praying

Mar 25th 2013 new

Oh that's so terrible...This breaks my heart more than I can say...These wonderful, precious, young men and women who serve our country so bravely feel so helpless and alone in their suffering...May God bless and heal him, and give him the grace and strength to continue to living.

Mar 25th 2013 new

sad Praying theheart

Mar 25th 2013 new

St. Anthony, pray for us, St. Jude pray for us. May he find the courage to keep keeping on.

Posts 11 - 20 of 37