Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 27th 2013 new

Except that EMHE's are to wash any residue from their fingers in the bowl of water provided and then wipe the fingers on the cloth so that any of those particules that actually do transfer are properly disposed of!

Mar 27th 2013 new

You are welcome Rachel!

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Since the electrons of the Eucharist and the electrons of the hand repel each other, the Eucharis...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Since the electrons of the Eucharist and the electrons of the hand repel each other, the Eucharist and the hand actually never meet. The same goes for the tounge and the Eucharist. So in the light of modern physics it shouldn't matter where it is placed. Food for thought.

--hide--

Sounds like a red herring to me.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Sounds like a red herring to me.
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

--hide--
Please forgive my ignorance but I'm not familiar with that expression.

Mar 28th 2013 new

Red herring is an English-language idiom that commonly refers to a logical fallacy that misleads or detracts from the actual issue.[1] It is also a literary device employed by writers that leads readers or characters towards a false conclusion, often used in mystery or detective fiction.

The origin of the expression has a number of theories. Conventional wisdom has long attributed it to a technique of training hounds to follow a scent, or of distracting hounds during a fox hunt; however modern linguistic research suggests that it was most likely a literary device invented in 1807 by English polemicist William Cobbett, and never an actual practice of hunters. The phrase was later borrowed to provide a formal name for the logical fallacy, and is also a formal name for a literary device or technique.

Looked it up on Wiki ;)

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Sounds like a red herring to me.
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

--hide--
If I'm wrong then please enlighten me. Don't just say it's wrong but tell me why.

Mar 29th 2013 new

Thank you Rachel!

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: This morning, I had a sister, the pastoral coordinator in my parish, approached me after mass. We had ...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: This morning, I had a sister, the pastoral coordinator in my parish, approached me after mass. We had this conversation.

Her- Are you EME

Me- Yes

Her- How you give to people Eucharist with your hands and you take it on your tongue?

- For the hygiene, it is better in the hand, because when giving the Eucharist on the tongue fingers may touch the saliva and that's how diseases could be transmitted.

- By taking the Eucharist on the tongue you are saying my hands are not holy enough to carry it and this is against Jesus teaching.

- Early church they use to have it in hands.

Me- I was raised this way and since I see confusion inside the church so I decided to stick to the way the Vatican gives the Eucharist, and they never give it in hands.

Her- Here in USA this is the way we do it

Me- Why then the Holy See didn't agree with it

Her- Don't believe what you read on the internet.

Me- What I read was a Vatican document.

Her- Bring it to me because I have in my office documents that support my point.

Me- I will bring the documents, but at least the parish needs to be on the same page because at the Arabic mass the priest do not give the Eucharist in hands (even if someone approach with open hands, he insists to put it on the tongue.)

I don't know now what is going to happen but she didn't like what I said and she wanted to talk to the Arabic priest.

Any thoughts?
--hide--
Oh, I always have thoughts, Therese.... laughing

The Vatican long ago approved the OPTION for people in the United States to receive the Eucharist either on their tongue OR their hands. There is nothing wrong either way. It's a matter of personal preference for the recipient.

If your adversary is claiming that it's wrong, she might be referring to Churches outside of the US, or perhaps one of the Eastern rites.Not sure if they are technically bound to allow that option. I would think so, but am not sure. Perhaps a little research would give us the answer.

It is true that in earlier days, people received the Eucharist in their hands. For a period of time there was some abuse, including the stealing of hosts to use in satanic rituals.

What's important is for the recipient to show reverence in receiving Communion, no matter which way it is received.

You will frequently encounter negativity when procedural changes are made, and people will claim it's "all wrong". Not so, if the changes were made properly and from the highest Church office possible -- the Papacy.

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: This morning, I had a sister, the pastoral coordinator in my parish, approached me after mass. We had ...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: This morning, I had a sister, the pastoral coordinator in my parish, approached me after mass. We had this conversation.

Her- Are you EME

Me- Yes

Her- How you give to people Eucharist with your hands and you take it on your tongue?

- For the hygiene, it is better in the hand, because when giving the Eucharist on the tongue fingers may touch the saliva and that's how diseases could be transmitted.

- By taking the Eucharist on the tongue you are saying my hands are not holy enough to carry it and this is against Jesus teaching.

- Early church they use to have it in hands.

Me- I was raised this way and since I see confusion inside the church so I decided to stick to the way the Vatican gives the Eucharist, and they never give it in hands.

Her- Here in USA this is the way we do it

Me- Why then the Holy See didn't agree with it

Her- Don't believe what you read on the internet.

Me- What I read was a Vatican document.

Her- Bring it to me because I have in my office documents that support my point.

Me- I will bring the documents, but at least the parish needs to be on the same page because at the Arabic mass the priest do not give the Eucharist in hands (even if someone approach with open hands, he insists to put it on the tongue.)

I don't know now what is going to happen but she didn't like what I said and she wanted to talk to the Arabic priest.

Any thoughts?
--hide--

Hi Therese et alia,

Your pastoral counselor is right, as far as hygiene is concerned. Especially during flu season.

I only hope people remember to wash their hands. You'd be surprised at how many people do not.

James ☺

Posts 11 - 19 of 19