Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 27th 2013 new

You're very right, ladies and gents, both of these quotes can be applied to both men and women. So we must pray that it never applies to us! biggrin

Mar 27th 2013 new
No one is Perfect lets just all love each other and pray for one another
Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Three thoughts come to mind.1. How ladies think: they don't! 2. My mother use...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Three thoughts come to mind.

1. How ladies think: they don't!

2. My mother used to say, "He doesn't need to know everything." I don't think the average man will use knowledge against you...but it's unkind to reveal things that, while dead issues, can still be hurtful. (Example: Your mother is dead, and you tell him, "You know, she never liked you.")

3. Making him miss you is a smart move during the courting period. But once you have a commitment (engagement) you have the responsibility to be there FOR EACH OTHER. If he can't count on you, he'll look for someone he can count on.

--hide--

I agree with you, Marge ...

Re #1, yes, men think and women feel ... seldom is it the other way around.

Re #2, true, he doesn't need to know everything about you ... be mysterious ... let him find things out about you that are your shining points!

And re #3, I agree wholeheartedly ... my Mom used to tell me to not make myself so available at the beginning of a relationship ... she was right.

heart

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: No one is Perfect lets just all love each other and pray for one another
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: No one is Perfect lets just all love each other and pray for one another
--hide--

Good idea, Jaime ... thank you!

Have a very blessed Triduum and a very blessed and Happy Easter pope clap Sunrise smile

Mar 28th 2013 new

Good heavens, ladies!

Switch the genders and think about how you'd feel!

Isn't one of women's biggest complaints that men aren't honest? Don't we despise the phrase "What she doesn't know won't hurt her"?

Be to others what you want for yourself! If your honesty, confidence, openness and forthright nature gets used against you by a less than worthy man, just appreciate that you know so clearly that he isn't the man for you and move on!

My two cents.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I was surfing the internet and stopped by these two quotes -Never let a man know everything. H...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I was surfing the internet and stopped by these two quotes

-Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.

-Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always know where you are, and your always readily available to him- he takes it for granted.

Do you agree?

I personally think differently. Your thoughts?

TKC

Therese
--hide--
#1. Part of the "getting to know you" process involves sharing of personal information. This is a 2-way situation. As a relationship progresses, one learns more and more--gradually -- about each other, both good, the bad, and the ugly. There's a certain amount of vulnerability to this, but it's how a genuine, trusting relationship develops. What's revealed depends upon the stage or level of commitment to each other. Again, this applies to the guys as well as the gals.

#2. You can't "make" someone miss you. Either he does, or he doesn't. To try this deliberately could be considered playing games. There's a caveat here, and that involves control or potential abusive conditions. If someone claims he absolutely NEEDS to know where you're at, who you're with, and what you're doing every single waking moment, it's a sign of a "control freak".

Everyone needs some space.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: Great advice, Marge! When you bury the hatchet, make sure it stays buried. Especially if ...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

Great advice, Marge! When you bury the hatchet, make sure it stays buried. Especially if it's an in-law.

--hide--

I had a counselor once years ago that told my ex-husband.. "Say what the problem is. Say how you feel about it. Then don't talk about it anymore." She said continuing to hammer somebody about their past mistakes only serves to build resentment.. He didn't follow her advice. A year later we were in the divorce process.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Three thoughts come to mind.1. How ladies think: they don't! 2. My mother use...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Three thoughts come to mind.

1. How ladies think: they don't!

2. My mother used to say, "He doesn't need to know everything." I don't think the average man will use knowledge against you...but it's unkind to reveal things that, while dead issues, can still be hurtful. (Example: Your mother is dead, and you tell him, "You know, she never liked you.")

3. Making him miss you is a smart move during the courting period. But once you have a commitment (engagement) you have the responsibility to be there FOR EACH OTHER. If he can't count on you, he'll look for someone he can count on.

--hide--

1. I don't find insults funny, whether it is to me personally or to my sex.

2. Here I agree with you, if I understand your point '2'.

3. I would not wish to marry someone who couldn't show himself to be reliable socially and otherwise. I wouldn't wait for the ring. If he shows me after the engagement to be something other than what he pretended to be, then that's a pretty big issue. Also, some men (and apparently some women for that matter) may look for someone else just for the convenience, if he thinks he knows how to keep it from you. This happened to me, while I would have never done it myself. But I happened to learn that his friends were doing the same thing; he was seeing someone else who was engaged while he was in relationships even before me. Some do it just because they are long-distance, and have a crush on someone else. They think as long as they don't sleep with the person (*cringe*) they aren't cheating since emotional cheating doesn't count. And yes, Marge, people do this sort of thing to those with whom they are supposedly committed whether or not they "deserve" it. This type actually does it to those who do not deserve it because they have a warped conscience.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I had a counselor once years ago that told my ex-husband.. "Say what the problem is. Say how ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I had a counselor once years ago that told my ex-husband.. "Say what the problem is. Say how you feel about it. Then don't talk about it anymore." She said continuing to hammer somebody about their past mistakes only serves to build resentment.. He didn't follow her advice. A year later we were in the divorce process.

--hide--

Donna, I agree with your counselor, but not if the person with the problem never corrects his or her mistake. If he continues to do it or justify it, and it really is something that reasonably erodes the trust between you, then you've got someone who really isn't committed to the relationship, just himself.

Mar 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: #1. Part of the "getting to know you" process involves sharing of personal information. This is a 2-way...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

#1. Part of the "getting to know you" process involves sharing of personal information. This is a 2-way situation. As a relationship progresses, one learns more and more--gradually -- about each other, both good, the bad, and the ugly. There's a certain amount of vulnerability to this, but it's how a genuine, trusting relationship develops. What's revealed depends upon the stage or level of commitment to each other. Again, this applies to the guys as well as the gals.

#2. You can't "make" someone miss you. Either he does, or he doesn't. To try this deliberately could be considered playing games. There's a caveat here, and that involves control or potential abusive conditions. If someone claims he absolutely NEEDS to know where you're at, who you're with, and what you're doing every single waking moment, it's a sign of a "control freak".

Everyone needs some space.

--hide--

Good points Ray, a relationship needs honesty and openness from both sides to hear and tell the positives and the negatives without judging. Sharing is an important step in building trust

And playing hard to get is cool if used by women or men it can add excitement to the relationship as long as it is not playing games, or as i said in earlier post, manipulation, otherwise the relationship will go down the hill
Posts 31 - 40 of 54