Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

May 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Ana-392290 said: I believe in love. I believe that people should have a right to love whomever they want to. Gay or not. It is not...
(Quote) Ana-392290 said:

I believe in love. I believe that people should have a right to love whomever they want to. Gay or not. It is not my place to tell people how to live their life.

--hide--
The problem is "love" is such an over used and abused word. I can say I love chocolate, pizza, or even the Toronto Blue Jays, but that's not love. Authentic Christian love is free, total, faithful and fruitful. So to say you believe in love and the ability to love who you want demonstrates you've fallen for the liberal definition of "love" and don't understand what real Christian (Christ like) love is.
May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Isn't the natural law founded on the laws of nature, if one must separate them?
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Isn't the natural law founded on the laws of nature, if one must separate them?

--hide--

Natural law and the laws of nature are two entirely separate things.

Natural law is the laws of God inherent in everyone i.e. thou shalt not murder, what is good, what is evil. They deal with our relationship with God and our fellow men. Its purview is in the realm of the transcendental.

The laws of Nature deal with the physical world and how it operates, independent of man .and his relationship to God or his fellow human beings.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I know this is not chartiable to say, but I think a lot of blame can be laid at the feet of the A...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I know this is not chartiable to say, but I think a lot of blame can be laid at the feet of the Anglican Church. Their acceptance of contraception opened the flood gates for the vast majority of Protestant denominations to also do so.

--hide--

From a historical perspective there was also a lot of discussion, and disention within our own Church on the subject of contraception, and even after the publication of Humane Vitae there were publications such as the "Winnipeg Statement" that was controversial in that it could be read to provide loopholes to Humane Vitae.

Of course the Bishops of the world slowly started to get behind the teaching (those that did not originally support it) and recognizing Pope Paul VI's encyclical was good at providing the official teaching, but serisouly defficiant in providing the reasoning behind the teaching Pope John Paul II made this a major teaching theme of his pontificate, and throughout the course of almost three hundered general audiences unpacked the richness and the reasons behind these teachings.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Natural law and the laws of nature are two entirely separate things. Natural law i...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Natural law and the laws of nature are two entirely separate things.

Natural law is the laws of God inherent in everyone i.e. thou shalt not murder, what is good, what is evil. They deal with our relationship with God and our fellow men. Its purview is in the realm of the transcendental.

The laws of Nature deal with the physical world and how it operates, independent of man .and his relationship to God or his fellow human beings.

--hide--
Ok, I see what you mean. But I have a hard time separating them, as it boils down to social interaction in a physical world.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Ok, I see what you mean. But I have a hard time separating them, as it boils down to social inter...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Ok, I see what you mean. But I have a hard time separating them, as it boils down to social interaction in a physical world.

--hide--

But social interaction is only measurable after the fact so to speak. It is the ethics and morals behind social interaction that falls in the realm of Natural Law as opposed to Nature's laws.

Nature's laws are the realm of science. Natural law in the realm of philosophy. That is the science (if that word is appropriate) of philosophy as opposed to the use of the word "philosophy" to describe a person's opinions.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: But social interaction is only measurable after the fact so to speak. It is the ethics an...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

But social interaction is only measurable after the fact so to speak. It is the ethics and morals behind social interaction that falls in the realm of Natural Law as opposed to Nature's laws.

Nature's laws are the realm of science. Natural law in the realm of philosophy. That is the science (if that word is appropriate) of philosophy as opposed to the use of the word "philosophy" to describe a person's opinions.

--hide--
"It is the ethics and morals behind social interaction that falls in the realm of Natural Law as opposed to Nature's laws."

Yet are those ethics and moral aspects occurring in a physical universe. I do see what you mean Paul, trust me I do. It is just that I can't shake away the feeling that the moral is linked to the physics.

Jun 4th 2013 new
There is no greater legacy than honesty. The truth will hurt you for a while. But a lie can hurt you forever. (109)

What is True Love? It is wanting The Best for another person. Gay sex is not about True Love.(108)

Gay sex is not about True Love, but a pathological (harmful) behavior. (70)
"Sexual health of gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men in the U.S. is not getting better" (103) from: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

True love is not found by a focus on sexual jollies and personal cravings, but through service to others. (105)

Marriage has two purposes: Union and procreation. Gay marriage has neither. So "gay marriage" is a falsehood. (109)
Marriage has two purposes: Union and procreation. It is a contradiction in terms, a faleshood, a lie. (101)

Gay marriage cannot achieve full union like a man and woman can, only self-abuse with the aid of another human being. (117)
Gay marriage cannot procreate, obviously. "Gay marriage" as it is a contradiction in terms. (91)

Gay marriage means adoption, further degrading woman because it says that children have no need of a mother. (108)
Gay marriage means gay men can adopt. That degrades women because it means mothers serve no useful purpose. (107)
Jun 4th 2013 new
Well said Marissa +1

Posts 151 - 158 of 158