Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Apr 10th 2013 new

Thank you, Jim, and may God bless you!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I have many friends who are on facebook who are in favor of gay marriage. I would like some help...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I have many friends who are on facebook who are in favor of gay marriage. I would like some help with explaining the Catholic stance that would be easily understood, a quick enough read most would read it, but with enough substance to not be so easily dismissed. I'd love your help. Every time I try to write it out, it gets too long and not kind-yet-firm. Please help!

--hide--

I thought of a pretty succinct exposition of the Catholic stance:

Homosexual marriage does not exist.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Homosexuality is quite common in nature and thus I can't really see how it violates any law o...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Homosexuality is quite common in nature and thus I can't really see how it violates any law of nature. It is a variation which occurs naturally. That being said, sex between humans is supposed to take place within marriage and marriage is for man and woman.

--hide--

Peter, is your point here that it is common in nature for some animal always to do homosexual pleasure seeking acts and never the heterosexual mating act? Or merely that these acts occur as an aberration of the natural pleasure seeking acts of animals which desire to mate?

Obviously aberrations occur in nature. There is even a joke here about steers who try to do such to one another, but that doesn't make them homosexual. They would try to do the same to cows, were there any present.

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Namecalling doesn't really give you any brownie points Frank. Take a deep breath, relax and try again. Then...

Namecalling doesn't really give you any brownie points Frank. Take a deep breath, relax and try again. Then we might have a fruitful discussion.

--hide--

Oh no, not another person who can't take a joke. lol.
Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: Peter, is your point here that it is common in nature for some animal always to do homosexual pleasur...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

Peter, is your point here that it is common in nature for some animal always to do homosexual pleasure seeking acts and never the heterosexual mating act? Or merely that these acts occur as an aberration of the natural pleasure seeking acts of animals which desire to mate?

Obviously aberrations occur in nature. There is even a joke here about steers who try to do such to one another, but that doesn't make them homosexual. They would try to do the same to cows, were there any present.

--hide--

Don't worry Chelsea, Peter doesn't get it. LOL
Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: Peter, is your point here that it is common in nature for some animal always to do homo...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

--hide--
Homosexualilty can on a scale be anywhere from exclusive to on occasion (which would render it bisexuality). The thing is that is does occur in the nature God created. So calling it unnatural is erroneous.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Don't worry Chelsea, Peter doesn't get it. LOL
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Don't worry Chelsea, Peter doesn't get it. LOL
--hide--
You may lol all you want Frankie. It still won't give you any brownie points.

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Homosexualilty can on a scale be anywhere from exclusive to on occasion (which would render it bisexuality). Th...

Homosexualilty can on a scale be anywhere from exclusive to on occasion (which would render it bisexuality). The thing is that is does occur in the nature God created. So calling it unnatural is erroneous.

--hide--

Natural as in MAN alone. Not animals. What don't you understand about this dude?
Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-933860 said: You may lol all you want Frankie. It still won't give you any brownie points.

You may lol all you want Frankie. It still won't give you any brownie points.

--hide--

Yes because I'm so concerned about earning brownie points with you. laughing
Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Natural as in MAN alone. Not animals. What don't you understand about this dude?
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Natural as in MAN alone. Not animals. What don't you understand about this dude?
--hide--
Since when are we not a part of nature?

Posts 91 - 100 of 158