Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

03/27/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: I got a phone call from where I work on-call earlier today. They called me to tell me that they...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

I got a phone call from where I work on-call earlier today. They called me to tell me that they are letting me go because their staff need dropped. I hope that there aren't any other reasons behind why I was let go. I just feel devastated. I have never been let go from any of the jobs I have had and I am still trying to get over the whole expereince. I have not had luck in findng other jobs, I have put in my application at several different places but nothing seems to work out for me. I just ask for your prayers that something will work out for me. Thank you.

--hide--

Jessica, what happened is only temporary. Maybe you'll find a job better than what you had, God has something better for you so don't lose hope. While you're jobless, apply for unemployment benefits so that you can get some $$$ coming while searching for another job. God bless Praying Praying Praying hug theheart

03/27/2013 new

Praying rosary theheart Prayer's to St. Joseph for your success! Keep your chin up.

03/27/2013 new

Praying Praying theheart

03/27/2013 new

Jessica,

That's very sad to hear. We will be praying for you so that you find a position in which you can continue to expand your expertise. rosary

03/27/2013 new

Praying Praying

03/27/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: I got a phone call from where I work on-call earlier today. They called me to tell me that they...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

I got a phone call from where I work on-call earlier today. They called me to tell me that they are letting me go because their staff need dropped. I hope that there aren't any other reasons behind why I was let go. I just feel devastated. I have never been let go from any of the jobs I have had and I am still trying to get over the whole expereince. I have not had luck in findng other jobs, I have put in my application at several different places but nothing seems to work out for me. I just ask for your prayers that something will work out for me. Thank you.

--hide--
Jessica -- staff reductions are still common nowadays. If you can find out if there are other reasons, it might help you be prepared when you're looking for another job. The tactics they used though are poor. This type of action should NOT be handled over the phone -- it should have been done in person so you could have had at least a brief conversation to find out more. Also, many places conduct exit interviews.

Be sure to file for unemployment benefits to help you with basic expenses.

And, hopefully, you'll be successful in finding new employment in the very near future..... Praying hug

03/27/2013 new

Praying

03/27/2013 new

I am sorry. Praying Prayingfor you to find another job soon. Volunteer somewhere while you are looking for work. You can add that to your resume. God bless.

03/27/2013 new

I am really sorry this happened to you, and for the unprofessional way they informed you.

Praying Praying

03/27/2013 new

Jessica, Prayers for you. I recently lost a job of 8 years, for the same reason 'staffing cutbacks.' I said an extra prayer a day, as well as my family and friends. I have since found a better job, closer to home, and I have the Lord to thank for it. God has a plan for you, you just may not see it yet. You will find more rewarding work soon, do not loose faith. All things happen for a reason, and with prayers and support, you will come out on top.

Posts 21 - 30 of 39