Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 28th 2013 new

Susan, very interesting, God is very near...

Excuse by ignorance but what is a spiritual animal? I have never heard that expression.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Yesterday I had two profound spiritual experiences. I was driving back upstate...long drive I do ...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

Yesterday I had two profound spiritual experiences. I was driving back upstate...long drive I do weekly.... when suddenly my spiritual animal (angel) the hawk, flew right down in front of my car. I had to decelerate from maybe 65 mph to 35 and hit the hornn to scare him off. I would have been devastated if I had hit him. Suddenly I realized I had now awareness of the moments before this. I had fallen asleep! ! He woke me up.

Last nite I became aware that I needed to pray...which I am just getting back into after a looooong time away from this faith. I have been displaced several times in the past few years due to natural disasters and could remember a box with a bunch of old rosaries in it. I prayed hard to Jesus and St Anthony for help and within minutes I was directed right to where they were!

I LOVE the feeling in my heart and the closeness I have to God right now. Especially the Holy Spirit which I never really felt I understood. I want my prayer requests today to be for contnued renewal in my faith, a spiritual guide to help me understa d and rightly practice the traditions and to not falter in my renewed conviction. I even need to re-learn how to rightly pray a rosary! !

God bless you all today

--hide--

It’s a great time for spiritual renewal Bunny!

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Amy-952196 said: Thank you for sharing your story, Susan. Hearing about God's grace meeting you in your time of ...
(Quote) Amy-952196 said:

Thank you for sharing your story, Susan. Hearing about God's grace meeting you in your time of need is a gift to all of us.

I pray the Tridium weekend this year meet each of us in new and profound ways so when the excitement from Easter where's off, we can be encouraged to share our faith and love for God with others.

--hide--
Thanks Amy. Me to. The Spirit is in me so strong now tho...I don't think I could ever deny it now!

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Susan, very interesting, God is very near... Excuse by ignorance but what is a spiritual anima...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Susan, very interesting, God is very near...

Excuse by ignorance but what is a spiritual animal? I have never heard that expression.

--hide--
Hi Pat.Loosely, Its theNative American version of a guardian angel. I believe that God comes to us right where we are at and in ways we can accept him. The hawks are always with me and guarding me. Tuesday it was made very clear that it was the Holy Spirit. He had been trying to "get" me for a little while.....and I guess this was my time to be receptive Praying

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: It’s a great time for spiritual renewal
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

It’s a great time for spiritual renewal

--hide--
Absolutely Ronald! Love the bunny

Mar 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Hi Pat.Loosely, Its theNative American version of a guardian angel. I believe that God comes to us right where ...

Hi Pat.Loosely, Its theNative American version of a guardian angel. I believe that God comes to us right where we are at and in ways we can accept him. The hawks are always with me and guarding me. Tuesday it was made very clear that it was the Holy Spirit. He had been trying to "get" me for a little while.....and I guess this was my time to be receptive

--hide--

native american spirituality is very close to catholicism
Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Yesterday I had two profound spiritual experiences. I was driving back upstate...long drive I do ...

Yesterday I had two profound spiritual experiences. I was driving back upstate...long drive I do weekly.... when suddenly my spiritual animal (angel) the hawk, flew right down in front of my car. I had to decelerate from maybe 65 mph to 35 and hit the hornn to scare him off. I would have been devastated if I had hit him. Suddenly I realized I had now awareness of the moments before this. I had fallen asleep! ! He woke me up.

Last nite I became aware that I needed to pray...which I am just getting back into after a looooong time away from this faith. I have been displaced several times in the past few years due to natural disasters and could remember a box with a bunch of old rosaries in it. I prayed hard to Jesus and St Anthony for help and within minutes I was directed right to where they were!

I LOVE the feeling in my heart and the closeness I have to God right now. Especially the Holy Spirit which I never really felt I understood. I want my prayer requests today to be for contnued renewal in my faith, a spiritual guide to help me understa d and rightly practice the traditions and to not falter in my renewed conviction. I even need to re-learn how to rightly pray a rosary! !

God bless you all today

--hide--
Hi Susan,

Thanks for deciding to relate your recent experiences of spiritual inspiration. Such good news can be uplifting.

John

Mar 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Yesterday I had two profound spiritual experiences. I was driving back upstate...long drive I do weekly.... whe...

God bless you all today

--hide--

The Prayer of St. Patrick

I arise today

Through the strength of heaven;

Light of the sun,

Splendor of fire,

Speed of lightning,

Swiftness of the wind,

Depth of the sea,

Stability of the earth,

Firmness of the rock.

I arise today

Through God's strength to pilot me;

God's might to uphold me,

God's wisdom to guide me,

God's eye to look before me,

God's ear to hear me,

God's word to speak for me,

God's hand to guard me,

God's way to lie before me,

God's shield to protect me,

God's hosts to save me

Afar and anear,

Alone or in a mulitude.

Christ shield me today

Against wounding

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,

Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,

Christ on my right, Christ on my left,

Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,

Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,

Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,

Christ in the eye that sees me,

Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today

Through the mighty strength

Of the Lord of creation.
Mar 29th 2013 new

God bless you all today

Hi Susan, Glad you are Ok. Praying will become part of your spirit the more you do it. You are a Prodigal Daughter. Welcome Home!

PS. Welcome to the club! the Holy spirit is very difficult to understand. But I can tell you this; It is The Love between The father and The Son. they loved each other so deeply that ...Hence; The Holy Spirit! God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong! biggrin wave theheart rosary You get a Gold Star!

--hide--

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-112790 said: native american spirituality is very close to catholicism
(Quote) Tom-112790 said:

native american spirituality is very close to catholicism
--hide--

How so? I don't know much about Native American spirituality.

Posts 31 - 40 of 43