Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lynea-297530 said: Could it be, oh, I don't know, that there still is a remnant of Christi...
(Quote) Lynea-297530 said:

Could it be, oh, I don't know, that there still is a remnant of Christians who remember Sodom and Gommorah? Could it be that the remainng true Christians, the ones with the Sacraments as they were handed down by God (the Holy Bride of Christ), still have at least some influence over society? Could it be that these Christians (Catholics) haven't forgotten that holy matrimony ("matris" meaning, 'motherhood', and "moni", meaning "the duty (of)" still are not entirely confused for the fact that only one (1) man and one (1) woman have the ability in principle to procreate, and that this was instituted beyond a Sacrament in civil society in order to protect that potentiality for the natural production, education and development of families?

This isn't about redefining the principle of marriage to be about feelings, but to defend it for what it is in principle, in order to defend the good of families. You're upset because you want to redefine marriage apart from families, apart from the principle of procreation, apart from God's natural and divine laws.

--hide--

I agree with the arguement marriage can be only be between genders, as that is Gods design but who are the real Christians, Catholics? Probably as the Church is the True Church and has not varried from the path established by Christ, even the Anglicans have gone to seed.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: "As political and economic freedom diminishes, sexual freedom tends c...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

"As political and economic freedom diminishes, sexual freedom tends compensatingly to increase. And the dictator (unless he needs cannon fodder and families with which to colonize empty or conquered territories) will do well to encourage that freedom. In conjunction with the freedom to daydream under the influence of dope and movies and the radio, it will help to reconcile his subjects to the servitude which is their fate." Aldous Huxley, forward to Brave New World

--hide--

Huxley was homosexual. But what about Kinsey et allia Report. The Netherlands seems to do alright. But yes colonist need to be of a particular character set. Explorer, truculence, a degree of disrespect to authority, openmindedness and self reliance with a spirit of community action. I speak as a 7th generation colonist and truculent revolutionary

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lynea-297530 said: Actually, Huxley had it backwards: totalitarian regimes first promote sexual license...

Actually, Huxley had it backwards: totalitarian regimes first promote sexual license after taking control of public libraries, universities, public schools and media. This is how they are able to promote their agenda by piece mail. A good example is the entire concept of the "sexual revolution", which did not originate with Gloria Steinem, as many young Americans assume, it was actually started by Wilhelm Reich. He had done many social experiments to figure out how to influence a large group of people that were difficult to persuade to do that which was aborhent to them. The toughest group to bend: Pious, religious women, particularly Catholic. He found that over time, if such a woman was in a social culture that demanded one acquiesse to it's lowered moral standards, she would eventually, little by little, assimilate. This was deliberately utilized by Lenin, from whom we here the phrase of Wilhem Reich first popularized.

The-Errors-of-Russia-How-They-Affect-Family-Life
www.audiosancto.org

The-Errors-of-Russia-Their-Plan-and-the-Plan-of-Heaven
www.audiosancto.org

The-Errors-of-Russia-the-Plan-of-Heaven-Model-the-Holy-Familywww.audiosancto.org

--hide--

Totalitarian regiemes allow selective sexual freedom, on the whole the masses, and the intelligencia, unless within the clique, are watched closely. The rise of totalitarianism generally stays close to the moral standards of the prolietariate, because they are ones whose support they need to gain power. Despite what they do in private.

Hitler allowed the burlesque, and homosexuals within NAZI ranks until Krystal Nacht in 1935 when he had all "degenerates" purged from his ranks. Using anti moral behaviour as his excuse, thus the masses saw the purge as a legitmate cleansing of society of te degenertes, it was a small step to move to the mentaly ill, the retarded and the intelligencia who were anti NAZI, by 1939 the masses were so deeply complicite in the purges that they had no choice in the NAZI spread through society.

Many writers of the 1920s were disolutioned by the First World War and their attitudes toward sex was more a reaction to the lost generation and the destruction of the social barriers and the coming armageddon as they saw it than to any sexual revolution

Apr 3rd 2013 new

Roberts is not a concern. Obamacare was an anomoly as I feel he was concerned about the court becoming to political. Plus, Obamacare involved NOT striking a law down, whereas these cases involved striking existing law down. Roberts has been solid on just about every other case so far (with the noted Obamacare exception).

Kennedy is a much bigger concern. He seems to like being the "swing vote". My guess is they'll do some kind of split decision that mostly leaves it to the states to decide.

My main concern is no longer the courts - it is the people. We have been so brainwashed so fast to think Sodom and Gomorrah can "marry" one another.... and we all know how that all turned out....

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lynea-297530 said: This is precisely what Wilhelm Reich suggested to his buddy Vladimir Len...

This is precisely what Wilhelm Reich suggested to his buddy Vladimir Lenin.

That is so ironic when Catholics, of all people, do not feel required to practice perfect chastity according to their state, yet complain about the direction this nation is taking. It's all connected, my friend. The idea that 'it's going to happen anyway' doesn't make it any less what we deserve when we cannot even fulfil God's laws.

--hide--

I've heard this argument recently, that we sinners, are to blame for same sex marriage. I saw something on facebook about how SSM began in the 50's with the introduction of the pill and it has all been down hill from there. I understand the comparison to an extent but I think it takes things a bit too far. Marriage is clearly defined in the Bible as the union of a man and a woman. Humans have always been sinners and will continue to do so. Consenting adults, gay or straight, are free to live their lives as they choose, but they are not free to redefine marriage. If you take away marriage as being between a man and woman, marriage ceases to have any civil meaning. Why should then incest, polygamy and group marriages be illegal? Yet, for some reason, that argument doesn't seem to be compelling with a large segment of the public, as somehow marriage is now just between 2 persons. I don't get but I don't think gay marriage is our fault. It is the secularists creation.

Apr 6th 2013 new

I was wondering when/if this issue would be raised by any of the supreme court justices

Three justices' concern over gay parenting surprises experts
www.latimes.com

Copied from the article above:

The issue arose in the Supreme Court when the justices were arguing over whether there was a valid reason for barring same-sex marriage. Scalia cited the possible harm to children who were adopted by same-sex couples. Justices Anthony M. Kennedy and Samuel A. Alito Jr. said it might be wise to move slowly because gay parenting was still new.

"We have five years of information to weigh against 2,000 years of history," Kennedy said.

It seems to me that children have a right to a mom and a dad. With two of one and none of the other, there will definitely be critical things missing in the development of these children (IMHO).

Ed

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I was wondering when/if this issue would be raised by any of the supreme court justices &nbs...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I was wondering when/if this issue would be raised by any of the supreme court justices

Three justices' concern over gay parenting surprises experts
www.latimes.com

Copied from the article above:

The issue arose in the Supreme Court when the justices were arguing over whether there was a valid reason for barring same-sex marriage. Scalia cited the possible harm to children who were adopted by same-sex couples. Justices Anthony M. Kennedy and Samuel A. Alito Jr. said it might be wise to move slowly because gay parenting was still new.

"We have five years of information to weigh against 2,000 years of history," Kennedy said.

It seems to me that children have a right to a mom and a dad. With two of one and none of the other, there will definitely be critical things missing in the development of these children (IMHO).

Ed

--hide--

Here is a link to one of my topics.....

minnesota.cbslocal.com

[MODERATOR NOTE: non-functional URL replaced with link to the desired video.]

Click on the fantastic news video and you will see an 11 year old girl use a mom and dad question to totally silence a bunch of uber-liberal state senators. She is my hero!

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Here is a link to one of my topics.....www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Here is a link to one of my topics.....

www.catholicmatch.com

Click on the fantastic news video and you will see an 11 year old girl use a mom and dad question to totally silence a bunch of uber-liberal state senators. She is my hero!

--hide--

I'd like to look at the video, wave
but your CM link is busted. scratchchin

I'm guessing you need a url with a post or topic id like:
www.catholicmatch.com

Your link may work for you, but only because it is tied to your log-in credentials.

Thanks in advance,

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Homosexual "marriage" "rights" are a curse in all Western countrie...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Homosexual "marriage" "rights" are a curse in all Western countries at the moment not just the US. Australia, New Zealand, France, UK, Ireland all have Homosexual "marriage" "laws" in some stage in their legislative process. The only places you dont hear about it is Moslem, Jewish and Africa. I wonder why?

--hide--

Actually, it will be a curse to them as well because the Western powers, once it has been shoved down their throats, will impose it upon the Third World just as they have been imposing contraception and abortion upon South America, Africa, and even the Philippines for the last forty years as per NSSM 200.

In South America it already started with Argentina.

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jack-752986 said: I'd like to look at the video, but your CM link is busted. I'm...
(Quote) Jack-752986 said:

I'd like to look at the video,
but your CM link is busted.

I'm guessing you need a url with a post or topic id like:
www.catholicmatch.com

Your link may work for you, but only because it is tied to your log-in credentials.

Thanks in advance,

--hide--

Jack, try it now, it looks like Jerry the moderator has fixed it for me. Let me know if you still can't see it. She appears a little over a third of the way into the video. She is awesome. Let me know what you think.

Posts 21 - 30 of 36