Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

04/06/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Jack, try it now, it looks like Jerry the moderator has fixed it for me. Let me know if you stil...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Jack, try it now, it looks like Jerry the moderator has fixed it for me. Let me know if you still can't see it. She appears a little over a third of the way into the video. She is awesome. Let me know what you think.

--hide--

New link works. Thanks!

Young girl before a senate panel with media cameras and microphones in her face asks without guile:
"Which parent do I not need? My mom or my dad?"
Dead silence from the state senate panel.
"Let me repeat: Which parent do I not need? My mom or my dad?"
More dead air.

Awesome.

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Actually, it will be a curse to them as well because the Western powers, once it has be...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Actually, it will be a curse to them as well because the Western powers, once it has been shoved down their throats, will impose it upon the Third World just as they have been imposing contraception and abortion upon South America, Africa, and even the Philippines for the last forty years as per NSSM 200.

In South America it already started with Argentina.

--hide--

I wouldnt class Argentina as Third World, politically unstable and verging on the totalaristic military regimes but not 3rd world, they are quite advanced economically and technologically.

That aside in Moslem countries and several African States homosexuals face the Death penalty (Uganda and Saudi Arabia, and Iran are a couple that spring to mind) others face long prison sentences-Kenya 10 years Algeria 5 years, Malaysia they get 2 years and the cane. So I dont think we will be forcing anything on them regards their cultural mores.

In the Catholic and Anglican Church the greatest opposition to this "lifestyle" comes from Asia and Africa. The Anglicans especially have a major divide on homosexuality, and some of the loudest Cardinals against homosexual "marriage" are from Africa and the Philippines.

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Jack-752986 said: New link works. Thanks! Young girl before a senate pan...
(Quote) Jack-752986 said:

New link works. Thanks!

Young girl before a senate panel with media cameras and microphones in her face asks without guile:
More dead air.

Awesome.

--hide--

As you say powerful but ultimately it will be ignored as emotional and factless unfortunately

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Jack-752986 said: New link works. Thanks! Young girl before a senate pan...

New link works. Thanks!

More dead air.

Awesome.

--hide--

Thanks, Jack, glad you could view it. I still can't believe how poised she was....at 11 years old!

04/07/2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: As you say powerful but ultimately it will be ignored as emotional and factless unfortunately...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

As you say powerful but ultimately it will be ignored as emotional and factless unfortunately

--hide--

I agree to a certain extent. In fact, I was going to comment that it was "unfortunately useless" because the video segment didn't really pursue the question but simply plopped it (somewhat disjointedly) into the middle of the reporter's narrative. Seen but quickly forgotten.

And yes, it is largely an emotional appeal. But I also believe that Truth can benefit from making a truth-based emotional appeal.

It may reach those that make decisions based on such appeals.

And if it forces the other side to move to rational, fact-based argumentation, all the better for those offering Truth.
04/08/2013 new

(Quote) Jack-752986 said: I agree to a certain extent. In fact, I was going to comment that it was "unfortunately usel...

I agree to a certain extent. In fact, I was going to comment that it was "unfortunately useless" because the video segment didn't really pursue the question but simply plopped it (somewhat disjointedly) into the middle of the reporter's narrative. Seen but quickly forgotten.

And yes, it is largely an emotional appeal. But I also believe that Truth can benefit from making a truth-based emotional appeal.

It may reach those that make decisions based on such appeals.

And if it forces the other side to move to rational, fact-based argumentation, all the better for those offering Truth.
--hide--

Unfortunately I dont think they who are pushing the "marriage" dont want to be bothered by embarassing things like facts or the Truth. The decision I fear is already made and they are just going through the motions to look democratic and all supreme court like

Posts 31 - 36 of 36