Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

NPS Facing Major Budget Cuts

Mar 27th 2013 new

This is so sad...I realize that cuts need to be made, and the NPS is not urgent compared to other things, but they're helping preserve our history as a country. I think it's terrible that we have to sacrifice our history to pay for the debts that we've entailed. Some of the parks may be closing permanently, including Antietam National Battlefield, which happens to be one of my favorites. That is one of the most well-preserved battlefields in America, and if they close the visitor's center, that will allow poachers and relic hunters to come and dig up the battlefield and destroy it.

www.usatoday.com

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: This is so sad...I realize that cuts need to be made, and the NPS is not urgent compared to oth...
(Quote) Jessica-951024 said:

This is so sad...I realize that cuts need to be made, and the NPS is not urgent compared to other things, but they're helping preserve our history as a country. I think it's terrible that we have to sacrifice our history to pay for the debts that we've entailed. Some of the parks may be closing permanently, including Antietam National Battlefield, which happens to be one of my favorites. That is one of the most well-preserved battlefields in America, and if they close the visitor's center, that will allow poachers and relic hunters to come and dig up the battlefield and destroy it.

www.usatoday.com

--hide--
Hi Jessica, looks like the NPS budget is ~.075 % of the money the government will spend.

Are the Biden and Obama travel funds being cut to the same percentage as the NPS ?

Are congresscritter's salaries, staff, and mailings being cut in the same proportion ?

Are all the Cabinet departments being cut also ? The W H czars ? State Dept. ?

This seems like same old, same old, inflict pain on the innocent while the protected groups still wallow in privilege.

Antietam and Gettysburg are special places, and the NPS has overall done a good job IMHO.

Mar 28th 2013 new

Yes, they have done an incredible job...I just think it's sad that they we have to sacrifice our history to get our debt under control. I was actually going to apply for a seasonal park ranger position in Petersburg this year, but because of the budget cuts, they can't even hire anymore seasonals this year.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: Yes, they have done an incredible job...I just think it's sad that they we have to sacrific...
(Quote) Jessica-951024 said:

Yes, they have done an incredible job...I just think it's sad that they we have to sacrifice our history to get our debt under control. I was actually going to apply for a seasonal park ranger position in Petersburg this year, but because of the budget cuts, they can't even hire anymore seasonals this year.

--hide--

"They" meaning the NPS, not Obama and Congress.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4