Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Yes, about 8 or so. Horseback riding, corn maze, and zoo, once each. Arlington Race track several...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Yes, about 8 or so. Horseback riding, corn maze, and zoo, once each. Arlington Race track several times. Brought my kids to all of them, except the first Arlington I attended. All were local, and most were during the summer when I was not working (except for being a mom). All the events were arranged by two CMr's, both of which aren't active members anymore (I believe).

For those looking to get out and do something, I highly recommend attending an event. If you can travel, do so then. I've found that evenone who attends them are friendly, and if you have kids, they are very welcoming of them.

--hide--

Yes, I do wish I lived a wee bit closer to the Chi-town area for when you all have had those events. With the drive figured in, they would be overnights for me, which I can't do often. Summers are best for me, too. Maybe something will develop on the southwest side that I can make some weekend.

BTW, if you or anyone else from your area can make it down to Bloomington on April 6, it would be fun to meet up! (see the Meet-Ups room)

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: CM Phoenix in the Fall 2012, and excited to go to CM Phoenix in the Spring 2013--thanks, Lina, ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

CM Phoenix in the Fall 2012, and excited to go to CM Phoenix in the Spring 2013--thanks, Lina, for such a great time!!!

I want to go to more of them, and hope to help organize one for California in the future. It is THE BEST WAY to meet others, have Christian fellowship, and have FUN!! So many interesting and fun, diverse people to meet and begin friendships!!! Do it, do it DO IT!

--hide--

SO cool, Beverly! I agree wholeheartedly! Depending on how far you are from LA, I know of a person or two who might help you if you organize one.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: off to 2 events this yearwill be my first experiencetime to take the plunge!
(Quote) John-34848 said:

off to 2 events this year
will be my first experience

time to take the plunge!

--hide--

I love how you haven't been to ONE yet, and yet you signed up for TWO! What a positive, take-charge attitude, John! I am a little biased (wink), but I think you'll have a blast!

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: Have you been to one? If so, why? If not, why not?
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Have you been to one? If so, why? If not, why not?

--hide--

Let's see: Lifest, WI (11), Orlando (23), Holy Hill (17... including several who came in a night early for Zoom's birthday party), San Antonio (25), Lifest, WI (7), Rocky Mt 1 (23), Rocky Mt 2 (21), that's 7 events, allowing for some overlap of attendees, that's still well over 100 CMers I've met through them. Phoenix, with 17 signed up so far, in April!

The events are a great way to meet other Catholic Singles for fun and fellowship. Once in awhile somebody meets somebody special, but every time almost everybody comes away with great new friendships and stories to tell. Even die-hard melancholics like myself do well at the events, everybody seems so friendly and welcoming.

Don't just look at CM as a search and match service, there is a great community out there!

Mar 28th 2013 new

biggrin I have had the privelege of attending 3 "Real world Mary Ellen's Pub" events even though she is 200 miles from me. The most recent was two weeks ago.

I have also been to several smaller scale unofficial events where I met 2 or 3 CMers together or at different times on a weekend. Even if it is not a large group, it is true that where two or three are gathered together in Christ's name, He is in their midst.

I will be a co-planner of an event later this Spring here in my area, and have also offered to help plan another one nearby later.

Mar 28th 2013 new

My event list:

2005/2006 New Year's @ Galaxy Restaurant, near Canton Ohio

2006 NYC War Room Lovefest

2006 Niagara Falls

2006 Detroit

2007 West Virginia Ski Weekend (which I hosted!)

2007 Niagara Falls

2007 Toledo

2008 St. Augustine

2008 Smoky Mountains

2009 Nashville

2010 Lifest (Oshkosh, Wisconsin)

2010 CM Zoom Los Angeles (I flew out to the City of Angels on a US Airways award ticket and met up with some CMers --- including Tom, whom I'm replying to! We each went 3,000 miles to meet each other for the first time, even though we live about 200 miles apart! laughing)

2010 Holy Hill (Wisconsin)

2011 Washington Nationals game with Tom

2012 Mary Ellen's Pub -- ME's 50th Birthday

2012 Chicago

2013 Mary Ellen's Pub Potluck (which Tom also mentioned)

Also have met a few CMers one-on-one in my travels, including MaryAnn from California, and Anne from Arizona.

Mar 28th 2013 new

Hmmmm..... scratchchin I believe I've enjoyed a few gatherings here and there. wink laughing

Let's start with the Indy group, beginning just after I joined CM in Fall 2008: corn maze/pumpkin patch/dinner, Christmas party #1, Chili Cook Off #1 (I think I met YOU there, Lucy), March Madness, several dinners at restaurants, several summer outdoor concerts, game nights/pitch in meals, Farm Outing #1, Christmas #2, Chili Cook Off #2, repeat of dinners/concerts/game nights, Nashville TN one October, Farm Outing #2......shall I go on? rolling eyes

The indy folks just enjoyed our 5th Annual Christmas gathering, 5th Annual Chili Cook Off, and 5th Annual Farm Outing here in Indy. Next up: several summer outdoor concerts (on Saturday nights, and we do have room to put out-of-towners up for the night if you travel in for one), and our next Farm Camp Out is Oct 4-6, 2013 in Greencastle, IN. Look for the Event page in early summer - it's a blast! We generally have between 40-50 ppl spend the weekend at this camp out each year. Hayride, zip line, pumpkin carving contest, hiking, scavenger hunt, shooting, campfires, group rosary, 2 lakes, row boats, etc. MAJOR fun, I just can't say enough about it! biggrin

A few in Chicago: Snow Days January 2012, Tracy's going away party March of 09, a handful of smaller gatherings for overnight/game nights with delightful Chicago-area folks, including Janet from Wisconsin.

Traveled for a weekend to Denver to visit relatives on a January weekend about 4 years ago - didn't know a soul. Got in touch on CM before my trip and asked if anyone wanted to meet for a bite. Did a bit of back and forth promoting in the Forum - (THAT'S THE SECRET TO ANY SUCCESSFUL OUTING: TALK IT UP!) and we wound up with over 20 of us for mass, dinner and country dancing afterwards on a Saturday night. Wonderful folks, those Denver-ites. One of the gals met and became friends with is getting married this August!

ALSO - enjoyed a LOT of fun in the San Diego area

}

: several dinners, museums, beach outings, Flower Fields, Wild Animal Park, New Years Eve gatherings, Christmas Cookie Decorating party, Royal Wedding Slumber Party (lol that was a blast!), movie outings, a slumber-jewelry party combo evening, Irish restaurant outing a few times, San Juan Capistrano mission tour and dinner, a tailgate dinner and dancing lessons at Balboa Park......shall I go on? rolling eyes One couple who met for the first time at one of our informal 'let's meet at a restaurant' have been married for about 3 years now.

It's not rocket science - you need to actually MEET people IN REAL LIFE for any meaningful connection to happen. It's true - the more you put yourself OUT THERE and meet people, the more fun you will have, the more fellowship you will enjoy, the more chances you'll have to find that special someone. This site gives back exactly what you put into it. If you WANT to meet people, you have the ability to make it happen. It's honestly a choice. Don't wait for 'the other guy' to put an outing or event together - post something, get in touch with other locals in your area, and meet for mass and dinner some Saturday night. It's that simple, and it has to start with someone: might as well be you! My hat is off to ANYONE who puts an outing together - good for you!

(Lucy knows - I get kind of excited about events and outings. It's where all the cool folks meet. eyebrow wave )

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: My event list: 2005/2006 New Year's @ Galaxy Restaurant, near Canton Ohio 2006 N...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

My event list:

2005/2006 New Year's @ Galaxy Restaurant, near Canton Ohio

2006 NYC War Room Lovefest

2006 Niagara Falls

2006 Detroit

2007 West Virginia Ski Weekend (which I hosted!)

2007 Niagara Falls

2007 Toledo

2008 St. Augustine

2008 Smoky Mountains

2009 Nashville

2010 Lifest (Oshkosh, Wisconsin)

2010 CM Zoom Los Angeles (I flew out to the City of Angels on a US Airways award ticket and met up with some CMers --- including Tom, whom I'm replying to! We each went 3,000 miles to meet each other for the first time, even though we live about 200 miles apart! )

2010 Holy Hill (Wisconsin)

2011 Washington Nationals game with Tom

2012 Mary Ellen's Pub -- ME's 50th Birthday

2012 Chicago

2013 Mary Ellen's Pub Potluck (which Tom also mentioned)

Also have met a few CMers one-on-one in my travels, including MaryAnn from California, and Anne from Arizona.

--hide--

eyepopping irked Zoom! I'm crushed! INDY didn't make your list! weeping weeping weeping And here we thought we showed you a fun time. You mean you DON'T really love us, after all?!!! sad weeping

Mar 28th 2013 new

*slapping forehead* You're right!
Two CM St. Louis -- AND CM St. Augustine!

Mar 28th 2013 new

Holy cats, were you at San Antonio? highfive

Posts 11 - 20 of 49