Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Mar 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Dawn is back!
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Dawn is back!
--hide--

wave Hi Lina! Happy Triduum to you!
Mar 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Lina-796057 said: Dawn is back! are you sure she's not front?
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:
Quote:
Lina-796057 said: Dawn is back!

are you sure she's not front?
--hide--
laughing rolling eyes hug Happy Triduum, Zoom!
Mar 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: And don't forget that you've attended a CM success story with a few other CMers! I think that co...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

And don't forget that you've attended a CM success story with a few other CMers! I think that counts!

--hide--
You are correct Lucy. I was in Mary and Michael's wedding. My first CM wedding. That definitely counts.
Mar 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Happy Triduum, Zoom!
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Happy Triduum, Zoom!
--hide--
Rolling Along wave hug
Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Hi Rhonda!!
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

Hi Rhonda!!
--hide--

Hi Dawn wave hug

Mar 30th 2013 new

I have not been to any of the big gatherings out of Southern CA. When it was still St. R and then CM, I did organize or attend going to the Los Angeles Cathedral, San Juan Capistrano, Hokey game, and dinner in Orange. It was really heard at the beginning as we did not have a forum for events like now. Also we could not send out more than 15 emails at a time because they considered it spam. I know that when we had the gathering in Orange we had over 18 come and we had a blast. I also tried to organize dinner for four men and woman, dinner other times and I have two great friends that we still chat together. If someone wants to have local Los Angeles County or Orange County, I would be willing to help oranize. I do not have money to travel but like local events.

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Gee, how many have I been a part of? That's tough to count. I wasn't going to try, but then readin...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Gee, how many have I been a part of? That's tough to count. I wasn't going to try, but then reading everyone else's I thought it might encourage people to be creative about how they meet. So, while my list is probably not complete, I will make sure it covers a vast territory.

Keep in mind I've been attending events for six years.

I've been to CM Geneva (my first official event), CM Chicago (twice), CM Snowdays Chicago, CM St. Louis, CM Holy Hill, WI, CM Lifefest, and numerous CM Indy events, CM Peoria New Year's Eve celebration.

You are most likely to run into me at CM Indy events, like our annual Chili Cook-off, Farm/ Camp Outing, and Christmas Party. (I think I have been to all fifteen of those-- we've had five of each.) Plus, we have more casual gatherings in the summer with Symphony On The Prairie concerts. And through the course of our years of getting together, I've made so many good friends between here and Indianapolis that sometimes we can't wait to see each other. That's when we have Halfway Ole

-- we get together equidistant from each other for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Five years ago I was blessed to make a three week road trip around the US. During the course of that trip I met up with CM members everywhere I went. I met close to 70 new friends, many of whom I am still in touch with. I continue to connect with CMmers whenever I travel, and often they are the reason I am traveling. This summer I will attend the wedding of my bestie CM gal Erin whom I met on that road trip.

Speaking of weddings, Erin's wedding will be my third to attend. Chris and Denise and I all met at CM St. Louis. They began dating after that and were married the following year. I was a bridesmaid. I am also their first daughter's godmother. I will be a bridesmaid in Erin's wedding. Oh, Mary and Michael also met at event. I had met both of them independent of each other, and then I've been to events with them. It's not just about being part of a great community of friends; people do meet their spouses at events. And more people would if more people held events and attended them!

I've also met people as they are traveling through my area. I live five minutes from the airport, and have been known to pick up CMmers at the airport for a bite to eat. If I know you are coming through ahead of time, I will create a small gathering right here in Cincinnati.

I can't begin to describe the blessings that attending events has poured into my life. And I want to share it with others. I highly encourage everyone to take a risk (I think it is a small one, but I know it doesn't feel like that!) and go to the events, and also plan their own!
--hide--

I'd say your post is the best sell yet for this thread. How can people reading this NOT go to a meet-up or an event after hearing about three direct success stories you know of in which people met at an event???

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I have not been to any of the big gatherings out of Southern CA. When it was still St. R and...
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said:

I have not been to any of the big gatherings out of Southern CA. When it was still St. R and then CM, I did organize or attend going to the Los Angeles Cathedral, San Juan Capistrano, Hokey game, and dinner in Orange. It was really heard at the beginning as we did not have a forum for events like now. Also we could not send out more than 15 emails at a time because they considered it spam. I know that when we had the gathering in Orange we had over 18 come and we had a blast. I also tried to organize dinner for four men and woman, dinner other times and I have two great friends that we still chat together. If someone wants to have local Los Angeles County or Orange County, I would be willing to help oranize. I do not have money to travel but like local events.

--hide--

Sounds like you have beaten all the people in this thread with helping gather people together, Bernadette! Thank you for your service to other singles!

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: (Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Gee, how many have I been a part of? That's tough to c...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Quote:
Dawn-58330 said: Gee, how many have I been a part of? That's tough to count. I wasn't going to try, but then reading everyone else's I thought it might encourage people to be creative about how they meet. So, while my list is probably not complete, I will make sure it covers a vast territory.

Keep in mind I've been attending events for six years.

I've been to CM Geneva (my first official event), CM Chicago (twice), CM Snowdays Chicago, CM St. Louis, CM Holy Hill, WI, CM Lifefest, and numerous CM Indy events, CM Peoria New Year's Eve celebration.

You are most likely to run into me at CM Indy events, like our annual Chili Cook-off, Farm/ Camp Outing, and Christmas Party. (I think I have been to all fifteen of those-- we've had five of each.) Plus, we have more casual gatherings in the summer with Symphony On The Prairie concerts. And through the course of our years of getting together, I've made so many good friends between here and Indianapolis that sometimes we can't wait to see each other. That's when we have Halfway Ole

-- we get together equidistant from each other for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Five years ago I was blessed to make a three week road trip around the US. During the course of that trip I met up with CM members everywhere I went. I met close to 70 new friends, many of whom I am still in touch with. I continue to connect with CMmers whenever I travel, and often they are the reason I am traveling. This summer I will attend the wedding of my bestie CM gal Erin whom I met on that road trip.

Speaking of weddings, Erin's wedding will be my third to attend. Chris and Denise and I all met at CM St. Louis. They began dating after that and were married the following year. I was a bridesmaid. I am also their first daughter's godmother. I will be a bridesmaid in Erin's wedding. Oh, Mary and Michael also met at event. I had met both of them independent of each other, and then I've been to events with them. It's not just about being part of a great community of friends; people do meet their spouses at events. And more people would if more people held events and attended them!

I've also met people as they are traveling through my area. I live five minutes from the airport, and have been known to pick up CMmers at the airport for a bite to eat. If I know you are coming through ahead of time, I will create a small gathering right here in Cincinnati.

I can't begin to describe the blessings that attending events has poured into my life. And I want to share it with others. I highly encourage everyone to take a risk (I think it is a small one, but I know it doesn't feel like that!) and go to the events, and also plan their own!

I'd say your post is the best sell yet for this thread. How can people reading this NOT go to a meet-up or an event after hearing about three direct success stories you know of in which people met at an event???

--hide--
Wow, agree with Lucy, your's is a great testament to being pro-active and getting the most out of one's CM membership and all that it has to offer! And I can proudly say that I am good friends with a few of the gals that have posted here (Lucy, Dawn, and Mary) biggrin hug ...met them at CM Events...had a great time, met wonderful people - people who have helped me grow in my faith as well as being terrific friends.

I have attended a few events hosted by the CM Indy group, attended New Year's Peoria, and hosted a New Year's in Springfield this year....we (Lucy and I) are trying to get a small gathering organized for April 6th...come on folks, especially central Illinoisans, go to the thread about the get-together this Saturday - dinner and Mass - it will be fun!! You can always contact Lucy or myself with any questions. You won't regret joining us...we're fun (and harmless). wink wink

Posts 41 - 49 of 49