Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

"A girl among the 12 inmates whose feet will be washed by the Pope"
"Pope Francis, who often prefers to call himself "bishop of Rome" for the little ones, those who suffer, and the poor, will celebrate today the rite of the washing of the feet in the juvenile penitentiary of Casal del Marmo. Among the twelve young inmates whose feet he will wash will also be a girl, perhaps two. "In Buenos Aires, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio also admitted girls to the rite. And we proposed today a female presence. In the Vatican, after some resistance, they accepted it," said Father Gaetano Greco, the chaplain of the facility, where the Pontiff will arrive this afternoon."

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com

Original story from La Repubblica:(Italian) www.repubblica.it

03/28/2013 new

A nice gesture on the Pope's part,but the Apostles (who were men) were Priest's and Bishops. Having a female in this instance just doesn' fit IMO. eyebrow scratchchin

03/28/2013 new

Patience, Butterfly. I don't think this will have the same conclusion as dividing by zero. It's merely more information by which to know this Holy Father and what he is...and basically regardless of any actual or perceived evil, the Church will continue to prevail over the gates of hell.

Take it as a discernment point...

03/28/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: A nice gesture on the Pope's part,but the Apostles (who were men) were Priest's and Bisho...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

A nice gesture on the Pope's part,but the Apostles (who were men) were Priest's and Bishops. Having a female in this instance just doesn' fit IMO.

--hide--

The rubrics are very clear that those who feet are washed are to be men.

Clearly, a pope has the authority to change the rubrics or to issue indults for exceptions. If he has done neither and is just doing it his way, I think this sets a very bad example for all the bishops and priests who have a tendency to do likewise.

03/28/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The rubrics are very clear that those who feet are washed are to be men. Clearly, ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Clearly, a pope has the authority to change the rubrics or to issue indults for exceptions. If he has done neither and is just doing it his way, I think this sets a very bad example for all the bishops and priests who have a tendency to do likewise.

--hide--

Oh wow. Oh wow. I hope this isn't really happening. The only people who agree with this type of scandal are either:

1.) Those who think there should be ordained women (or perhaps even ordained children ?).

2.) Those who do not understand what the liturgy represents.

03/28/2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: Patience, Butterfly. I don't think this will have the same conclusion as dividing by zero. ...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

Patience, Butterfly. I don't think this will have the same conclusion as dividing by zero. It's merely more information by which to know this Holy Father and what he is...and basically regardless of any actual or perceived evil, the Church will continue to prevail over the gates of hell.

Take it as a discernment point...

--hide--
I completely agree.

03/28/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: A nice gesture on the Pope's part,but the Ap...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

A nice gesture on the Pope's part,but the Apostles (who were men) were Priest's and Bishops. Having a female in this instance just doesn' fit IMO.

--hide--
Amen.

03/28/2013 new

(Quote) Lynea-297530 said: Oh wow. Oh wow. I hope this isn't really happening. The only people who...
(Quote) Lynea-297530 said:

Oh wow. Oh wow. I hope this isn't really happening. The only people who agree with this type of scandal are either:

1.) Those who think there should be ordained women (or perhaps even ordained children ?).

--hide--
This I guess according to your "viewpoint" my Priest and many in my area "think women and children should be ordained", and they "don't understand what the liturgy represents."

I'll be sure to questioned him tonight before he washes the feet of the female elect.

03/28/2013 new

(Quote) Lynea-297530 said: Oh wow. Oh wow. I hope this isn't really happening. The only people who...
(Quote) Lynea-297530 said:

--hide--

I could not have said it better. This is both saddening and shocking. Quite simply my heart is breaking. This is not good at all especially as setting a precedence for the disregarding of rubrics. We already have enough rogue priests and bishops. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THINGS TO COME ESPECIALLY WITH THE LITURGY AND THE PRIESTHOOD?????????We need to pray sad Praying Praying Praying rosary rosary rosary theheart

03/28/2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: (Quote) Lynea-297530 said: Oh wow. Oh wow. I hope th...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Quote:
Lynea-297530 said:

I could not have said it better. This is both saddening and shocking. Quite simply my heart is breaking. This is not good at all especially as setting a precedence for the disregarding of rubrics. We already have enough rogue priests and bishops. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THINGS TO COME ESPECIALLY WITH THE LITURGY AND THE PRIESTHOOD?????????We need to pray

--hide--

Personally I do not see this as connected to liturgy and the priesthood. Maybe I am missing this, But I know that our current pope also washed the feet of some HIV positive persons. That does not mean our liturgy must have HIV positive people or that these same folks should be who is to become ordained. Calm down. I think this is a separate case and a separate issue. I think the pope is trying to teach us to serve, not setting a precedent for who can be on the altar.

Lets not derive what is not there from something a bit different.

Posts 1 - 10 of 200