Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I don't consider myself to be the cat's meow. Being a shy nerd throughout most of my adolescence and teen years taught me a lot of things with humility being at the top of the list. But I'd like to think that this trait would endear me to some women who probably aren't used to it from many men. I've never been one for pick-up lines. A lot of men try to be cool and they wind up looking and sounding more like Larry Dallas from "Three's Company". I'm more like Jack Tripper. Except that I'm not pretending to be gay and living with two attractive women. I'm the funny, goofy, clumsy guy who is prone to pratfalls every so often. And I'm also the 40-year old guy who has never been married, but frequently gets asked by women, "So, how come you're still single?" As if it's entirely my decision to not be in a relationship. LOL

The thing is that there have been opportunities in the past for me to be in a relationship with a woman, but for whatever reason, it was either her choice or mine to not pursue it and so it didn't happen. Perhaps we might have missed an opportunity to be in a long-term, happy relationship with one another. We'll never know. All we can do is go forward with our lives and, if fate were to intervene and bring us back into each other's lives, and that is God's will, then we shall cross that bridge when we come to it. For the time being, I am, like most of you, here to find someone and hope and pray that she is here.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of good men and women out there that are single and have yet to find that long-term relationship. It surely disappoints us, but it does not discourage us. Otherwise, why would we be here? It's not like we are crawling into bed, hiding under a pillow, listening to Delilah and whining about how we'll never find someone. Instead, we take the heartache, the heartbreak, the rejections, the teasers who entice us with sweet, glowing emails and emotigrams only to poof faster than a Madonna movie at the box office. We hurt just like anybody else yet in spite of our broken hearts, we dust ourselves off and try our best to carry on and face another day. And, good, attractive people are not immune to this. You see, I believe that what makes someone beautiful isn't how they look or how they would rate on a scale from 1-10. To me, being beautiful is about being you and the fact that we are all unique and distinctive in our own way. And the fact that not one person on this planet could ever replicate you, nor would we want them to. Someone is beautiful because when you hear a certain song on your i-Pod that makes you think of them, you think of nobody else but them. Or they are beautiful because you hear their voice in your head when you read their emails and no other voice touches your heart and reaches your mind the way hers does. That, to me, is what beauty is. And it is a shame that there are people who do not appreciate or recognize the true beauty of a person.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I don't consider myself to be the cat's meow. Being a shy nerd throughout most of my adole...
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

I don't consider myself to be the cat's meow. Being a shy nerd throughout most of my adolescence and teen years taught me a lot of things with humility being at the top of the list. But I'd like to think that this trait would endear me to some women who probably aren't used to it from many men. I've never been one for pick-up lines. A lot of men try to be cool and they wind up looking and sounding more like Larry Dallas from "Three's Company". I'm more like Jack Tripper. Except that I'm not pretending to be gay and living with two attractive women. I'm the funny, goofy, clumsy guy who is prone to pratfalls every so often. And I'm also the 40-year old guy who has never been married, but frequently gets asked by women, "So, how come you're still single?" As if it's entirely my decision to not be in a relationship. LOL

The thing is that there have been opportunities in the past for me to be in a relationship with a woman, but for whatever reason, it was either her choice or mine to not pursue it and so it didn't happen. Perhaps we might have missed an opportunity to be in a long-term, happy relationship with one another. We'll never know. All we can do is go forward with our lives and, if fate were to intervene and bring us back into each other's lives, and that is God's will, then we shall cross that bridge when we come to it. For the time being, I am, like most of you, here to find someone and hope and pray that she is here.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of good men and women out there that are single and have yet to find that long-term relationship. It surely disappoints us, but it does not discourage us. Otherwise, why would we be here? It's not like we are crawling into bed, hiding under a pillow, listening to Delilah and whining about how we'll never find someone. Instead, we take the heartache, the heartbreak, the rejections, the teasers who entice us with sweet, glowing emails and emotigrams only to poof faster than a Madonna movie at the box office. We hurt just like anybody else yet in spite of our broken hearts, we dust ourselves off and try our best to carry on and face another day. And, good, attractive people are not immune to this. You see, I believe that what makes someone beautiful isn't how they look or how they would rate on a scale from 1-10. To me, being beautiful is about being you and the fact that we are all unique and distinctive in our own way. And the fact that not one person on this planet could ever replicate you, nor would we want them to. Someone is beautiful because when you hear a certain song on your i-Pod that makes you think of them, you think of nobody else but them. Or they are beautiful because you hear their voice in your head when you read their emails and no other voice touches your heart and reaches your mind the way hers does. That, to me, is what beauty is. And it is a shame that there are people who do not appreciate or recognize the true beauty of a person.

--hide--

Well written, Jeff! :) I love your description of what beauty is!

Mar 28th 2013 new

"How come you're still single?" is one of those questions you should never answer. shhh

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-293203 said: Well written, Jeff! :) I love your description of what beauty is!
(Quote) Theresa-293203 said:

Well written, Jeff! :) I love your description of what beauty is!

--hide--
Thank you, Theresa!

Mar 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: "How come you're still single?" is one of those questions you should never answer.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

"How come you're still single?" is one of those questions you should never answer.

--hide--

That's right! We just have to take our time and find the right one!
Mar 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I don't consider myself to be the cat's meow. Being a shy nerd throughout most of my adolescence and te...

--hide--

Never stop believing!

www.youtube.com
Mar 30th 2013 new

Beautifully said, Jeff. I can't tell you how many times people have asked me the same thing, and now I just respond "because I bite every man who comes near me." wink it isn't true, but it does make for some really funny facial expressions. :haha:

I think you've hit upon a very sad truth of our day: people no longer know how to recognize beauty in another person, or perhaps they ignore it. I can't tell you how many times when I was in a Catholic college some gentleman friend would lament "there just aren't any good girls around," and I'd respond, "uh, on a campus of 2000 Catholics, we will say that 1000 are female, at least 400 of those go to daily mass, and at least 280 are single and at least half of that are normal, simple, lovely, and would make a good wife. That gives you 140 possiblities. What is your problem that you can't see the beauty staring you in the face?" Same thing goes on here. I've met at least a dozen lovely gals who have such good hearts and would make really wonderful wives! And those are only the ones I've talked with!

Thanks for drawing our attention to the truth that should have been just so obvious. clap

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I don't consider myself to be the cat's meow. Being a shy nerd throughout most of my adole...

--hide--
Beautiful!!! clap

Mar 31st 2013 new

Boo, hate that question! Most people I have known for a long time have stopped asking though. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing... scratchchin

Mar 31st 2013 new

--hide--

Beautifully written. Enough Said. Thank you for sharing your obviously hard won, genuine, inciteful wisdom.

Posts 1 - 10 of 55