Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 31st 2013 new

Thanks for the great thoughts. It is a shame our current society often asks that question with a negative tone with it.

The answer is I (we) are single because that is exactly where God wants me (us) to be right now.

Mar 31st 2013 new

Jay...well said. Short and right to the point!

I always look at past "relationships" as learning experiences. I learn something from every "relationship" I have been in. Apparently, I still have a few lessons to learn.

Mar 31st 2013 new

Jeff, Well said, you have put it beautifully. The Good Lord will put the right person in your path, when the time is right. God bless.

Apr 1st 2013 new

Everyone has their reasons but most aren't brave enough to admit them. I have nothing to hide so I will say right now a big part of it has to do with my weight and me seeming physically unattractive to most because of it. I know to myself deep down that is not the case, and I have had plenty of chances for things other than relationships and thank God I had the moral fiber to not pursue them as much as I might have though I wanted to at the time.

The thing is, I'm in a place now where I'm not really letting it get me down like it used to anymore. I've been doing something about my weight and I will continue to do so, it's just a struggle. We all have our vices and I know which mine are that contribute to my weight. I know I am really a fit person trapped in a large guy's body; but at least my confidence is better than it ever has been and I am developing the courage to work on myself now.

God is great and He strengthens me to do this, even without a woman as the reason for my motivation. I just hold myself back but I feel those self-imposed shackles coming off now, slowly but surely.

Apr 1st 2013 new

I generally accept its because I'm fat and ugly, of course... problem with that is I know people who are compartively fatter and uglier than I and are in relationships.

End of the day, I think it stems from the fact I live in NZL and I don't put up with that secular, "lets all have an orgy" crappolla.

Catholic morals + fatty + ugly = single.

At least in this society.

OH well, there's worse things. There could be a nuclear war and radioactive mutants will scurry through the smouldering ruins seeking twinkies with which to breed up the next species.

What dark days those will be.

Apr 1st 2013 new

I've never been asked why I'm still single, which I guess means I must be a hideous beast to others. And here I thought my horns and fangs were always invisible to others. laughing

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-293203 said: Well written, Jeff! :) I love your description of what beauty is!
(Quote) Theresa-293203 said:

Well written, Jeff! :) I love your description of what beauty is!

--hide--
Greetings, Theresa. We're pausing to wish you a Happy Birthday. May you enjoy your special day. wave cookie Happy Birthday! hug

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: I've never been asked why I'm still single, which I guess means I must be a hideous bea...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

I've never been asked why I'm still single, which I guess means I must be a hideous beast to others. And here I thought my horns and fangs were always invisible to others.

--hide--
Oh, Margaret -- I don't think you're that hideous.... shocked laughing

Seriously, for many people, it's a matter of circumstances. Their personal situations aren't conducive to meeting many people.

Apr 1st 2013 new

Yeah, sometimes you just want to ask, "What I am, chopped liver?"

Apr 1st 2013 new

I don't what to come off as the bad guy here, but after a certen point in our lifes we really need ask ourselfs this question in a very self crtical way. Everyones answer will be different, but here is a list of things that 100% are not the reason way you are still single:

1. Your looks

2. Your weight

3. Your income

4. Your values

5. Societies values

6. People not taking the type to know you better

7. Not meeting the right people

I'm sure I can think of a few more if I had the time, but basically if we are still single it's because we are not yet ready to be married. Meaning we need more personal and spiritual growth. I don't put myself above anyone else here, but it's important to understand the problem is not other people.

I like what Roman said about his weight, not just that women don't like that, but that he needs to over come some vices in order to win his battle. That struggle will help him build character that in time will make him a better man for it. biggrin

Posts 11 - 20 of 55