Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 2nd 2013 new

When people ask me that question, I give them a glowing smile and say, "Well, obviously, because I'm a fat chick." That usually shuts them up pretty fast, hahaha. :)

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Perhaps this is one of the reasons so many people are not yet married. Because our horns and fangs are invisible. What I mean is that when we start out dating we put our best foot forward. But the truth is none of us is perfect- we all have "horns and fangs" of some sort or another. And there comes a point in the relationship when we have to share that. The other person has the right to know who they are marrying. If we hide it from them, they become suspicious, and the relationship falters, but if we tell them, well then the actually accept us and keep loving us even more.

Margaret- I realize you were being silly - your line just set me off on a tangent!

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: I've never been asked why I'm still single, which I guess means I must be a hideous bea...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

I've never been asked why I'm still single, which I guess means I must be a hideous beast to others. And here I thought my horns and fangs were always invisible to others.

--hide--

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I don't consider myself to be the cat's meow. Being a shy nerd throughout most of my adole...
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

I don't consider myself to be the cat's meow. Being a shy nerd throughout most of my adolescence and teen years taught me a lot of things with humility being at the top of the list. But I'd like to think that this trait would endear me to some women who probably aren't used to it from many men. I've never been one for pick-up lines. A lot of men try to be cool and they wind up looking and sounding more like Larry Dallas from "Three's Company". I'm more like Jack Tripper. Except that I'm not pretending to be gay and living with two attractive women. I'm the funny, goofy, clumsy guy who is prone to pratfalls every so often. And I'm also the 40-year old guy who has never been married, but frequently gets asked by women, "So, how come you're still single?" As if it's entirely my decision to not be in a relationship. LOL

The thing is that there have been opportunities in the past for me to be in a relationship with a woman, but for whatever reason, it was either her choice or mine to not pursue it and so it didn't happen. Perhaps we might have missed an opportunity to be in a long-term, happy relationship with one another. We'll never know. All we can do is go forward with our lives and, if fate were to intervene and bring us back into each other's lives, and that is God's will, then we shall cross that bridge when we come to it. For the time being, I am, like most of you, here to find someone and hope and pray that she is here.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of good men and women out there that are single and have yet to find that long-term relationship. It surely disappoints us, but it does not discourage us. Otherwise, why would we be here? It's not like we are crawling into bed, hiding under a pillow, listening to Delilah and whining about how we'll never find someone. Instead, we take the heartache, the heartbreak, the rejections, the teasers who entice us with sweet, glowing emails and emotigrams only to poof faster than a Madonna movie at the box office. We hurt just like anybody else yet in spite of our broken hearts, we dust ourselves off and try our best to carry on and face another day. And, good, attractive people are not immune to this. You see, I believe that what makes someone beautiful isn't how they look or how they would rate on a scale from 1-10. To me, being beautiful is about being you and the fact that we are all unique and distinctive in our own way. And the fact that not one person on this planet could ever replicate you, nor would we want them to. Someone is beautiful because when you hear a certain song on your i-Pod that makes you think of them, you think of nobody else but them. Or they are beautiful because you hear their voice in your head when you read their emails and no other voice touches your heart and reaches your mind the way hers does. That, to me, is what beauty is. And it is a shame that there are people who do not appreciate or recognize the true beauty of a person.

--hide--

Why are you still single? Your description of beauty is amazing and so heartfelt.

Apr 5th 2013 new

Hi everybody,

I get asked that question a lot and it makes me feel uncomfortable I don't know what to answer.

Like one of you explained sometimes they tell us that we are too picky I get that a lot from one of my aunts.

Like somebody else said I don't want to settle and with that I mean example I had a very good hard working man pursue me but I thought why am I going to say yes I'll be your girlfriend or marry you if I don't feel or love him that way I don't want to break anyones heart or make a big mistake. We are still friends and he married recently.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Myriam-344031 said: Hi everybody, I get asked that question a lot and it makes me feel uncomfortable I do...
(Quote) Myriam-344031 said:

Hi everybody,

I get asked that question a lot and it makes me feel uncomfortable I don't know what to answer.

Like one of you explained sometimes they tell us that we are too picky I get that a lot from one of my aunts.

Like somebody else said I don't want to settle and with that I mean example I had a very good hard working man pursue me but I thought why am I going to say yes I'll be your girlfriend or marry you if I don't feel or love him that way I don't want to break anyones heart or make a big mistake. We are still friends and he married recently.

--hide--

I can totally relate, Myriam.

I was wanting to meet someone who would raise the kids in a good, Catholic home.

I didn't find him, then by my 30s decided I wanted to try my hand at becoming a religious. Then, after looking at several orders, and wanting to become a contemplative, my health started to deteriorate, and I couldn't enter as a postuant. A few scares and two surgeries later, I'm doing quite well now, but I'm 42. I hate dating, but I have found that men can pretend to be something they are not via the modern conveniences of the internet. Men are either too young, or they have tooo much baggage and issues from a previous annulled marriage, and are in a rush to get married as if they are filling a "job position". Now I know guys who seem interested, but I am now very cautious. I don't expect to ever be married at this point.

Apr 6th 2013 new

That's what I feep asking God. Praying Still waiting for answer. wide eyed Which is probably why I'm here. laughing laughing I know God has plans for me. I just ask Him to please guide in the right direction and hold my hand so I don't get lost or go astray. theheart Bow angel

Apr 6th 2013 new

Gorgeous and well-written. Major kudos for being able to write so well, especially in today's society when it's all about text-speak and not knowing the difference between there, their and they're.

My answer to this would be like a few others: I'm short, fat and as much a I like being around others and going out to try new adventures or new places, that is the last thing I want to do after putting in 9 hours of work and going to the gym. My other issue is that I moved to where I live about 11 months ago and I have no idea where to meet new people to be friends with, let alone find a guy to date :/

Apr 8th 2013 new

I wasn't ready when I was asked, so here I am ready and single. lol I'm not sure why it happened the way it did, it just is what it is. :)

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Michaela-695223 said: I wasn't ready when I was asked, so here I am ready and single. lol I'm not sure why i...
(Quote) Michaela-695223 said:

I wasn't ready when I was asked, so here I am ready and single. lol I'm not sure why it happened the way it did, it just is what it is. :)

--hide--

I have two friends who are seriously losing weight-
I need to join their journey and shed my extra-
AND get better exercise- YES I know exercise
will not help me lose the weight, but may improve my
self image a smidge.
I have noticed glaring turnoffs in others which they
do not seem to acknowlege- most recently a very pretty
girl who frowns all the time(most unattractive)-
I need some help seeing what it is about ME
(although my poor typing and poor grammar are
something to work on) I think I saw on Eharmony
that poor grammar is the number one turn off for dates...

Apr 8th 2013 new
(Quote) John-842063 said: I have two friends who are seriously losing weight-I need to join their journey and shed my extra-AN...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

I have two friends who are seriously losing weight-
I need to join their journey and shed my extra-
AND get better exercise- YES I know exercise
will not help me lose the weight, but may improve my
self image a smidge.
I have noticed glaring turnoffs in others which they
do not seem to acknowlege- most recently a very pretty
girl who frowns all the time(most unattractive)-
I need some help seeing what it is about ME
(although my poor typing and poor grammar are
something to work on) I think I saw on Eharmony
that poor grammar is the number one turn off for dates...

--hide--

John,

Exercising will definitely help you lose weight. Where did you get the idea that it wouldn't? That and watch your fat intake.
Posts 31 - 40 of 55