Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Psalm 22

Mar 29th 2013 new

Pleeeeeeease everybody tell me how Jesus has worked in your life. I've been spreading my story around like wildfire and REALLY want to hear others. This psalm is touching me deeply this week. I promised Jesus I would speak his name to all who can hear for the great gift he has given me...renewed faith Praying

Please share with all of us a story of renewed faith or successful evangelizing (term?).

God bless you all on this Good Friday.

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Pleeeeeeease everybody tell me how Jesus has worked in your life. I've been spreading my stor...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

Pleeeeeeease everybody tell me how Jesus has worked in your life. I've been spreading my story around like wildfire and REALLY want to hear others. This psalm is touching me deeply this week. I promised Jesus I would speak his name to all who can hear for the great gift he has given me...renewed faith

Please share with all of us a story of renewed faith or successful evangelizing (term?).

--hide--

Hello Susan! I love hearing about how God works through people! I had the chance to waitress at a Christian bar back home where every week an artist comes as a guest and shows how they evangelise through art (painters, musicians, writers, etc) each person uses the talents have given them to serve God, Glorify him and spread the News! At this moment, being in a very isolated community in the fields I love sharing the Good news through facebook!! theheart

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Pleeeeeeease everybody tell me how Jesus has worked in your life. I've been spreading my stor...

Pleeeeeeease everybody tell me how Jesus has worked in your life. I've been spreading my story around like wildfire and REALLY want to hear others. This psalm is touching me deeply this week. I promised Jesus I would speak his name to all who can hear for the great gift he has given me...renewed faith

--hide--

Here is a story I normally would be quiet about but I am enjoying your renewed faith so much that I have to share. heartbeat

Two years ago I went out with a man that I will describe as very very very shy. We were both really anxious on our dates. We had a few challenges of various types as he is an extreme introvert and yet he asked me very pointed questions. I was nervous while we were dating. At the time I was so blown away by some of his questions and I just had gotten so out of practice because no man had asked me anything in so LONG! ashamed

Basically it is easy to not be in practice in the dating arena , right?
I liked him a lot and yes I was pretty anxious because I put my heart heartbeat out there. When it came to the time to ask if there could be anythingfor the two of us, he did not handle it very well and he said he only wanted to be friends right now- but that it could change.(That may have been just a placating remark.) But I just did not see it coming and it hurt a lot. He wanted to still take me to see Romeo and Juliet as we had planned and I panicked and sadi I could nto handle it.

In any case we both belong to a (very small)group and have to see each other weekly. The first meeting where we had to see each other I saw how devastated he was through his body language and I saw him walk away sadly that night without saying bye to anyone. sad God recently reminded me of the way he looked after he told me he only wanted to be friends.

Over the next two years, I went through my own emotions ...up..down..sideways... and down......and every kind of emotion. I had trouble letting go of the dream... sad but I prayed for him on a regular basis and I used my sadness to pray for him. I USED MY PASSION for HIM to PRAY FOR HIM. IT was a great thing to experience and I still do pray for him but I prayed for at least a year... or more, and I still pray for him. I attended various meetings where we both go and I appreciated his candidness in mentioning how hard it would be to see each other at these meetings but that he wanted me there...and
over time the extreme sad reaction lifted..there are and were many emotions(sadness, fear, anger) we have to deal with but it lifted and it was hard.

I missed a number of meetings because I was not well for a time this fall, and I felt very fatigued. rose

In March I took home baked Irish Soda Bread to the group and he devoured it with butter.

I continued to pray for him and now I have been noticing over the past month or two, that we are both getting more relaxed in a very nice way around each other (Our group saw a movie (Les Mis)and he walked me to my car, and he seemed surprised when my car came up so fast, and I did not try to talk or say anything extra and have respected his space as I promised him I would do.).....and last night I saw him all dapper and in a navy suit at mass and I felt a nice affection for him and after mass he said Happy Easter to me 3 separate times and I could see how we were both so happy to be able to just make small talk but make it with nice enjoyment and no tension.

I am blessed. I prayed for this man in great detail as he has endured many tragedies in his whole life, and I feel God is blessing those prayers in giving him whatever God is doing for him. He is very happy in his career for the first time in years and I am grateful to God to see him really shining with happiness.

I felt blessed to be able to smile and truly have some good moments showing appreciation to him when he talked to me at my car last night. So praise God! theheart Sunrise We were both smiling and it was real, not tense and not fake because in the group where we had the safety of other people, we still got to know each other without the fear and pressure of having to date and it is good now. He is a very sensitive man and we needed that distance.

Sometimes when people stay in prayer they can have healing. That is what I am saying, nothing more.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: (Quote) Susan-940526 said: Pleeeeeeease everybody tell me how Jesus has work...
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

Quote:
Susan-940526 said:

Hello Susan! I love hearing about how God works through people! I had the chance to waitress at a Christian bar back home where every week an artist comes as a guest and shows how they evangelise through art (painters, musicians, writers, etc) each person uses the talents have given them to serve God, Glorify him and spread the News! At this moment, being in a very isolated community in the fields I love sharing the Good news through facebook!!

--hide--

Sol, Where is back home in a Christian bar? I would like to know!

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Psalm 22

New Living Translation (NLT)

Psalm 22 For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be sung to the tune “Doe of the Dawn.”

1 My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
Why are you so far away when I groan for help?
2 Every day I call to you, my God, but you do not answer.
Every night you hear my voice, but I find no relief.

3 Yet you are holy,
enthroned on the praises of Israel.
4 Our ancestors trusted in you,
and you rescued them.
5 They cried out to you and were saved.
They trusted in you and were never disgraced.

6 But I am a worm and not a man.
I am scorned and despised by all!
7 Everyone who sees me mocks me.
They sneer and shake their heads, saying,
8 “Is this the one who relies on the Lord?
Then let the Lord save him!
If the Lord loves him so much,
let the Lord rescue him!”

9 Yet you brought me safely from my mother’s womb
and led me to trust you at my mother’s breast.
10 I was thrust into your arms at my birth.
You have been my God from the moment I was born.

11 Do not stay so far from me,
for trouble is near,
and no one else can help me.
12 My enemies surround me like a herd of bulls;
fierce bulls of Bashan have hemmed me in!
13 Like lions they open their jaws against me,
roaring and tearing into their prey.
14 My life is poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart is like wax,
melting within me.
15 My strength has dried up like sunbaked clay.
My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth.
You have laid me in the dust and left me for dead.
16 My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs;
an evil gang closes in on me.
They have pierced my hands and feet.
17 I can count all my bones.
My enemies stare at me and gloat.
18 They divide my garments among themselves
and throw dice[a] for my clothing.

19 O Lord, do not stay far away!
You are my strength; come quickly to my aid!
20 Save me from the sword;
spare my precious life from these dogs.
21 Snatch me from the lion’s jaws
and from the horns of these wild oxen.

22 I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters.[b]
I will praise you among your assembled people.
23 Praise the Lord, all you who fear him!
Honor him, all you descendants of Jacob!
Show him reverence, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not ignored or belittled the suffering of the needy.
He has not turned his back on them,
but has listened to their cries for help.

25 I will praise you in the great assembly.
I will fulfill my vows in the presence of those who worship you.
26 The poor will eat and be satisfied.
All who seek the Lord will praise him.
Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy.
27 The whole earth will acknowledge the Lord and return to him.
All the families of the nations will bow down before him.
28 For royal power belongs to the Lord.
He rules all the nations.

29 Let the rich of the earth feast and worship.
Bow before him, all who are mortal,
all whose lives will end as dust.
30 Our children will also serve him.
Future generations will hear about the wonders of the Lord.
31 His righteous acts will be told to those not yet born.
They will hear about everything he has done.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Sol, Where is back home in a Christian bar? I would like to know!
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Sol, Where is back home in a Christian bar? I would like to know!

--hide--

Marian, I sent you email! flower By the way, to all in New York, there is a similar one in there, called UNDERGROUND:

catholicunderground.net

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: Marian, I sent you email! By the way, to all in New York, there is a similar one ...
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

Marian, I sent you email! By the way, to all in New York, there is a similar one in there, called UNDERGROUND:

catholicunderground.net

--hide--

Heard about it. Planning to go this Sat.:0)

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Psalm 22 New Living Translation (NLT) Psalm 22...

Psalm 22

New Living Translation (NLT)

Psalm 22 For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be sung to the tune “Doe of the Dawn.”

1 My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
Why are you so far away when I groan for help?
2 Every day I call to you, my God, but you do not answer.
Every night you hear my voice, but I find no relief.

3 Yet you are holy,
enthroned on the praises of Israel.
4 Our ancestors trusted in you,
and you rescued them.
5 They cried out to you and were saved.
They trusted in you and were never disgraced.

6 But I am a worm and not a man.
I am scorned and despised by all!
7 Everyone who sees me mocks me.
They sneer and shake their heads, saying,
8 “Is this the one who relies on the Lord?
Then let the Lord save him!
If the Lord loves him so much,
let the Lord rescue him!”

9 Yet you brought me safely from my mother’s womb
and led me to trust you at my mother’s breast.
10 I was thrust into your arms at my birth.
You have been my God from the moment I was born.

11 Do not stay so far from me,
for trouble is near,
and no one else can help me.
12 My enemies surround me like a herd of bulls;
fierce bulls of Bashan have hemmed me in!
13 Like lions they open their jaws against me,
roaring and tearing into their prey.
14 My life is poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart is like wax,
melting within me.
15 My strength has dried up like sunbaked clay.
My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth.
You have laid me in the dust and left me for dead.
16 My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs;
an evil gang closes in on me.
They have pierced my hands and feet.
17 I can count all my bones.
My enemies stare at me and gloat.
18 They divide my garments among themselves
and throw dice[a] for my clothing.

19 O Lord, do not stay far away!
You are my strength; come quickly to my aid!
20 Save me from the sword;
spare my precious life from these dogs.
21 Snatch me from the lion’s jaws
and from the horns of these wild oxen.

22 I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters.[b]
I will praise you among your assembled people.
23 Praise the Lord, all you who fear him!
Honor him, all you descendants of Jacob!
Show him reverence, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not ignored or belittled the suffering of the needy.
He has not turned his back on them,
but has listened to their cries for help.

25 I will praise you in the great assembly.
I will fulfill my vows in the presence of those who worship you.
26 The poor will eat and be satisfied.
All who seek the Lord will praise him.
Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy.
27 The whole earth will acknowledge the Lord and return to him.
All the families of the nations will bow down before him.
28 For royal power belongs to the Lord.
He rules all the nations.

29 Let the rich of the earth feast and worship.
Bow before him, all who are mortal,
all whose lives will end as dust.
30 Our children will also serve him.
Future generations will hear about the wonders of the Lord.
31 His righteous acts will be told to those not yet born.
They will hear about everything he has done.

--hide--
I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sister

I will praise you among your assembled people

Amen

Thank you so mu ch for posting it Marian. It is so beautiful.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Here is a story I normally would be quiet about but I am enjoying your renewed faith ...

Here is a story I normally would be quiet about but I am enjoying your renewed faith so much that I have to share.

Two years ago I went out with a man that I will describe as very very very shy. We were both really anxious on our dates. We had a few challenges of various types as he is an extreme introvert and yet he asked me very pointed questions. I was nervous while we were dating. At the time I was so blown away by some of his questions and I just had gotten so out of practice because no man had asked me anything in so LONG!

Basically it is easy to not be in practice in the dating arena , right?
I liked him a lot and yes I was pretty anxious because I put my heart out there. When it came to the time to ask if there could be anythingfor the two of us, he did not handle it very well and he said he only wanted to be friends right now- but that it could change.(That may have been just a placating remark.) But I just did not see it coming and it hurt a lot. He wanted to still take me to see Romeo and Juliet as we had planned and I panicked and sadi I could nto handle it.

In any case we both belong to a (very small)group and have to see each other weekly. The first meeting where we had to see each other I saw how devastated he was through his body language and I saw him walk away sadly that night without saying bye to anyone. God recently reminded me of the way he looked after he told me he only wanted to be friends.

Over the next two years, I went through my own emotions ...up..down..sideways... and down......and every kind of emotion. I had trouble letting go of the dream... but I prayed for him on a regular basis and I used my sadness to pray for him. I USED MY PASSION for HIM to PRAY FOR HIM. IT was a great thing to experience and I still do pray for him but I prayed for at least a year... or more, and I still pray for him. I attended various meetings where we both go and I appreciated his candidness in mentioning how hard it would be to see each other at these meetings but that he wanted me there...and
over time the extreme sad reaction lifted..there are and were many emotions(sadness, fear, anger) we have to deal with but it lifted and it was hard.

I missed a number of meetings because I was not well for a time this fall, and I felt very fatigued.

In March I took home baked Irish Soda Bread to the group and he devoured it with butter.

I continued to pray for him and now I have been noticing over the past month or two, that we are both getting more relaxed in a very nice way around each other (Our group saw a movie (Les Mis)and he walked me to my car, and he seemed surprised when my car came up so fast, and I did not try to talk or say anything extra and have respected his space as I promised him I would do.).....and last night I saw him all dapper and in a navy suit at mass and I felt a nice affection for him and after mass he said Happy Easter to me 3 separate times and I could see how we were both so happy to be able to just make small talk but make it with nice enjoyment and no tension.

I am blessed. I prayed for this man in great detail as he has endured many tragedies in his whole life, and I feel God is blessing those prayers in giving him whatever God is doing for him. He is very happy in his career for the first time in years and I am grateful to God to see him really shining with happiness.

I felt blessed to be able to smile and truly have some good moments showing appreciation to him when he talked to me at my car last night. So praise God! We were both smiling and it was real, not tense and not fake because in the group where we had the safety of other people, we still got to know each other without the fear and pressure of having to date and it is good now. He is a very sensitive man and we needed that distance.

Sometimes when people stay in prayer they can have healing. That is what I am saying, nothing more.

--hide--
God bless you!!!! How great is this. I am always told to pray for others....esp for what you want!!

Prayer does work. Jesus is good....ALL THE TIME.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: (Quote) Sol-496426 said: Marian, I sent you email! By th...

Quote:
Sol-496426 said:

Marian, I sent you email! By the way, to all in New York, there is a similar one in there, called UNDERGROUND:

catholicunderground.net

Heard about it. Planning to go this Sat.:0)

--hide--

Please share what it is like there because as a musician and artist I may be very inspired to follow up on this! Dove

Posts 1 - 10 of 12