Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Stacey-733420 said: (Quote) Shara-929649 said: Personally I think that she should wa...
(Quote) Stacey-733420 said:

[quote]Shara-929649 said:

Personally I think that she should wait for him to pursue. As women we deserve that and it is also important to most men. Not sure I agree with advice at all. You have let him know that you are there so he knows. If he is interested he will pursue. If he is not you are setting yourself up for heartbreak or an unbalanced relationship by pursuing. You are worth it. Wait for the guy who realizes it enough to pursue. You need a man who can step up and lead.

Thank you all so much for the advice. I really was at a lose. By weird I mean I wasn't sure if he would be weirded out by the fact that it is the same area, parish and match. And the fact that we are at the same mass.... really no place to hide or blend into the congregation.

--hide--

Maybe he might be weirded out by it but if he is you will need to give him time and space to work through it. You may even want to take this discussion to the pink room as he does have access to read it and it may freak him out even more to see you speaking about him.

Basically it won't help to devise a plan to help him change his mind on the weirdness he may feel. It is something that will have to happen in his own time. If he is mature enough to start a relationship atleast the kind of relationship you need, he will be mature enough to work through this. If he cannot work through this, you have your answer. You need a mature man who can lead and is humble enough to work through his vulnerabilities and flaws.

That is what makes a good husband and a good partner for the journey to Christ. Never forget that. This is what you seek, a partner for the journey to Christ. A partner who will give you a foretaste of that unconditional love that only Christ can give and a glimpse of the ultimate fulfillment that again only He can give. Do not let proximity or ease make you compromise your need for that as it is the foundation and cornerstone of a successful application of the sacrament.

Don't let others make you think that waiting is a mistake and or push you into going out there and seeking anyone and or everyone who will pay you attention. That IMO is a compromise of your dignity and of that beautiful master plan that God has for your life. You deserve the best and already have it in Christ Jesus the man has pursued and is pursuing you as we speak. If God can pursue you a man can surely humble himself to do the same. Don't forget your worth. Make yourself available but allow yourself to be pursued. The men are the pursuers and if they want something and it is worth it enough to them, they will do whatever it takes to make it happen. Essentially they will lead. Every person is unqiue and so every relationship will be different but this is foundation make no mistake. Many wise women had to drill it into my head and it not until I saw it successfully in application time after time that it finally stuck. hug Praying

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Maybe he might be weirded out by it but if he is you will need to give him time and spac...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Maybe he might be weirded out by it but if he is you will need to give him time and space to work through it. You may even want to take this discussion to the pink room as he does have access to read it and it may freak him out even more to see you speaking about him.

Basically it won't help to devise a plan to help him change his mind on the weirdness he may feel. It is something that will have to happen in his own time. If he is mature enough to start a relationship atleast the kind of relationship you need, he will be mature enough to work through this. If he cannot work through this, you have your answer. You need a mature man who can lead and is humble enough to work through his vulnerabilities and flaws.

That is what makes a good husband and a good partner for the journey to Christ. Never forget that. This is what you seek, a partner for the journey to Christ. A partner who will give you a foretaste of that unconditional love that only Christ can give and a glimpse of the ultimate fulfillment that again only He can give. Do not let proximity or ease make you compromise your need for that as it is the foundation and cornerstone of a successful application of the sacrament.

Don't let others make you think that waiting is a mistake and or push you into going out there and seeking anyone and or everyone who will pay you attention. That IMO is a compromise of your dignity and of that beautiful master plan that God has for your life. You deserve the best and already have it in Christ Jesus the man has pursued and is pursuing you as we speak. If God can pursue you a man can surely humble himself to do the same. Don't forget your worth. Make yourself available but allow yourself to be pursued. The men are the pursuers and if they want something and it is worth it enough to them, they will do whatever it takes to make it happen. Essentially they will lead. Every person is unqiue and so every relationship will be different but this is foundation make no mistake. Many wise women had to drill it into my head and it not until I saw it successfully in application time after time that it finally stuck.

--hide--

I also want to clarify what I said. Marge and the others bring up good points about making yourself visible in the forums and attending events. Men cannot pursue what they cannot see. wink

Mar 31st 2013 new

I just moved to Wenatchee, WA and would love to meet locals but don't seem able to find a single one on Catholic Match. I am having no luck with anyone on this site in two months. I send them messages and get no responses. What am I doing wrong?

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Lois-880877 said: I just moved to Wenatchee, WA and would love to meet locals but don't seem able to find a sing...
(Quote) Lois-880877 said:

I just moved to Wenatchee, WA and would love to meet locals but don't seem able to find a single one on Catholic Match. I am having no luck with anyone on this site in two months. I send them messages and get no responses. What am I doing wrong?

--hide--

Simple answer nothing. However you may want to interact in the fora more so that people can get to know you. Good luck. wave

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Stacey-733420 said: (Quote) Shara-929649 said:... and the fact that we are at the same mass.... real...
(Quote) Stacey-733420 said:

[quote]Shara-929649 said:... and the fact that we are at the same mass.... really no place to hide or blend into the congregation.

--hide--

Maybe he can hide under the chair/ pew at the same Mass?

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Go Shockers Go ... Go to Atlanta !!!!!
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Go Shockers Go ... Go to Atlanta !!!!!

--hide--

Goooo Shockers!!! Fr. made a point of announcing this to us last night at service, probably so everyone would stop looking at their phones winkThen he had to pause for the cheering. It was cool.

Mar 31st 2013 new

No responses at all from anyone local. Almost got to meet someone in the South Florida area but she had issues and deleted her account after she told me she wasn't ready to date (despite us being matched on eHarmony and here...go figure). Met another girl in the Tampa area but really she wasn't my type. It's good hearing many of the success stories, but no beuno here thus far. Membership is expiring Saturday. Need to decide to renew but if you already messaged pretty mucha all the local girls with 7s accross the board and have no luck then I don't see the point unless one reconsiders or if others join the join.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-397634 said: Goooo Shockers!!! Fr. made a point of announcing this to us last night at se...
(Quote) Jennifer-397634 said:

Goooo Shockers!!! Fr. made a point of announcing this to us last night at service, probably so everyone would stop looking at their phones Then he had to pause for the cheering. It was cool.

--hide--

It WAS/ IS cool. Go Shockers Go.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-926612 said: Membership is expiring Saturday. Need to decide to renew but if you already messaged pretty much...
(Quote) Edward-926612 said:

Membership is expiring Saturday. Need to decide to renew but if you already messaged pretty mucha all the local girls with 7s accross the board and have no luck then I don't see the point unless one reconsiders or if others join the join.

--hide--

We're having an informal meet on Sat April 12, at St Margaret Mary in Winter Park. If you want why dont you extend a few invites to some CM members in your age group and as a way to get to become friends. smile Praying

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Do you refrain from contacting/responding to CM members in your town/local area? If so, why? ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Do you refrain from contacting/responding to CM members in your town/local area? If so, why?

--hide--
I might refrain from contacting a CM woman who I know is in my parish, but I have contacted several women within Cathoilc Match's smallest distance range, twenty-five miles.

Posts 101 - 110 of 119