Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online dating. I thought i would give it a shot :) but as time passes i am not very motivated, any words of advice?? Thanks :)
Mar 29th 2013 new

First: Welcome!

Don't give up, be patient. I've been doing online dating on and off for several years now. I've met a couple wonderful men. Unfortunately it didn't ork out. I've started to look at this site in particular as a tool for growth and a way to make some friends. It takes time though, to find a man you are interested in, who responds etc etc. My other piece of advice is to give them all a chance, if a guy messages you respond unless its totally inappropriate, you never know what will happen. I was bad about that in the beginning and there are a couple of guys that I now regret having not really responded well too. It's not a fast journey, but one that I think will be worth it.

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online d...
(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online dating. I thought i would give it a shot :) but as time passes i am not very motivated, any words of advice?? Thanks :)
--hide--

Hopefully these will help...

www.catholicmatch.com

www.catholicmatch.com

www.catholicmatch.com

Mar 29th 2013 new
Thank you Jennifer, the same thing crossed my mind I figured I must at least make the effort to respond and thats what i will do :) sometimes we want things done immediately for us without much effort but obviously we must do our share as well. Great advice, thanks :)
Mar 29th 2013 new
Thank you hopefully one day I can share my story as well :) that would be a great blessing!!!!!!!
Mar 29th 2013 new

Welcome Belinda wave

Happy Birthday Jennifer!!! Happy Birthday! lil mikie hyper princess

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online d...
(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online dating. I thought i would give it a shot :) but as time passes i am not very motivated, any words of advice?? Thanks :)
--hide--

Welcome! Pray for patience... lol I'm still trying to master that virtue!

Happy Easter!

Mar 29th 2013 new
Oh, I have lot's of advice, but I'll narrow it to the five most important, IMHO.

1. Put God at the center of it, and don't lose that focus.

2. Remain open and positive. No one is going to take a chance on someone with huge walls to break down and a negative attitude.

3. Develop a tough skin. You have to be able to take a good deal of rejection and not take this too personally. This, combined with step 2, is a great challenge.

4. Guard your heart-- it is a treasure that must be deserved, earned, and protected. Choose wisely who you allow close to it; measure out access.

5. Take a chance on people! God made them and loves them. That in itself should be incentive to give them a shot.
Mar 30th 2013 new

Lots of good advice in this thread thus far, you'll do well to follow the wise words given thus far. I think it's important to have patience, stay positive, and get your profile out there by being active in the chatrooms and the forum.

Mar 30th 2013 new
Thank you Dawn great advice I will definitely take it :)
Posts 1 - 10 of 34