Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 30th 2013 new
Tara thank you yes I will pray for patience :)
Mar 30th 2013 new
Thanks Dan :)
Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Oh, I have lot's of advice, but I'll narrow it to the five most important, IMHO. 1. Put Go...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Oh, I have lot's of advice, but I'll narrow it to the five most important, IMHO.

1. Put God at the center of it, and don't lose that focus.

2. Remain open and positive. No one is going to take a chance on someone with huge walls to break down and a negative attitude.

3. Develop a tough skin. You have to be able to take a good deal of rejection and not take this too personally. This, combined with step 2, is a great challenge.

4. Guard your heart-- it is a treasure that must be deserved, earned, and protected. Choose wisely who you allow close to it; measure out access.

5. Take a chance on people! God made them and loves them. That in itself should be incentive to give them a shot.
--hide--

Mar 30th 2013 new

[quote]Celeste-853753 said:

Hi Dawn and Belinda, Thank-you Dawn for your very eloquent and wise advice for a person who is just venturing out into the on-line world. Your 5 statements are the best!. I wanted to reply but when I read your post, I could not have expressed my thoughts any better than your wonderful insight. I think at times people may lose focus of Catholic Match and your reminder for No. 1 is the only reason why I choose this site. Happy Easter!

Mar 30th 2013 new

I also find online unmotivating because it lacks the joys of interacting one-on-one with someone - seeing them smile, hearing them laugh, enjoying their company. Whereas "traditional" dating is personable and results in strong, lasting relationships, online dating is abstract and text-based. If someone is asocial and a professional writer, then maybe online dating would be their cup of tea. I prefer traditional dating: it's easier to get to know someone as a person and incomparably more fun.

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online d...
(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online dating. I thought i would give it a shot :) but as time passes i am not very motivated, any words of advice?? Thanks :)
--hide--

Welcome Belinda. Ditto on what Dawn said and please also take a minute and read the links Brian posted- very good info there. The only thing i can add is be proactive and involved in as much as you can here on CM. To quote an old saying "what you put into it is what you'll get out of it".

biggrin Praying theheart

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-595743 said: I also find online unmotivating because it lacks the joys of interacting one-on-one with someon...
(Quote) Richard-595743 said:

I also find online unmotivating because it lacks the joys of interacting one-on-one with someone - seeing them smile, hearing them laugh, enjoying their company. Whereas "traditional" dating is personable and results in strong, lasting relationships, online dating is abstract and text-based. If someone is asocial and a professional writer, then maybe online dating would be their cup of tea. I prefer traditional dating: it's easier to get to know someone as a person and incomparably more fun.

--hide--

Richard this is one of the biggest "myths" of "online dating" if you talk to anyone who has met their spouse through CatholicMatch or even another site they will tell you that the initial introduction happened online and all of the "dating" was in person. Some people are better at communicating online or over the phone and can do it longer before meeting in person but even in those cases you don't really "know" until you met in person and spend time together. I met my wife through CatholicMatch and helped create the site and I would NEVER tell anyone that online communication is better than in-person. But not everything in life is ideal and God can you even the less ideal to bring forth His plan if we cooperate.

Mar 30th 2013 new
Belinda I would just say a little what Jennifer said at least respond God might have that special person. I myself haven't done and if your not attracted to them well that's ok but be honest with him sometimes I think people are just afraid or also don't want to be mean but also I try not to let looks be everything because at the end we are all going to be the same. But if you lived here in Dallas Ft. Worth I would defiantly invite you to a great game or lunch well I pray to St. Anthony and Mother Mary and St. Jose for you , Jaime PS only God knows what our vocation but meanwhile at least make great friends
Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-595743 said: I also find online unmotivating because it lacks the joys of interacting one-on-one with someon...
(Quote) Richard-595743 said:

--hide--

You are correct Richard - Yet at the same time people do not take advantage of doing group events - either traveling to one or starting one in your own area, even if a few show up. A great community develop years ago on CM, because people took chances and started events. I miss that aspect of CM, at least in the tri state area. I have developed a great group of men and women that support our walk. Too many people are afraid of coming away from the computer and may have a tendency to hide behind it. There are a lot of great people on the site but I am also aware one has to use common sense and be aware that everyone is not who they first seem to be just because they post wonderful posts or appear great the first few times you date them. Common sense, a deep sense of prayer for protection may give you a quality match.

Mar 30th 2013 new

Hi Belinda

I am not a big fan either. I actually met someone not on this site, and kinda regret it now. I read a stat that said 1/3 relationships starts online. Which is pretty neat but the reality is most relationships or 2/3's of relationships start in person. My best advice is always be open to meeting someone new even if you are starting to talk to someone else. Until you are serious - you might miss a great opportunity!. - David

Posts 11 - 20 of 34