Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/30/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Richard this is one of the biggest "myths" of "online dating" if you...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Richard this is one of the biggest "myths" of "online dating" if you talk to anyone who has met their spouse through CatholicMatch or even another site they will tell you that the initial introduction happened online and all of the "dating" was in person. Some people are better at communicating online or over the phone and can do it longer before meeting in person but even in those cases you don't really "know" until you met in person and spend time together. I met my wife through CatholicMatch and helped create the site and I would NEVER tell anyone that online communication is better than in-person. But not everything in life is ideal and God can you even the less ideal to bring forth His plan if we cooperate.

--hide--

I have to agree Brian - I think there are a great many pluses for on line dating in getting to know the person. Also being open to really what God wants and by being open to everyone who contacts you without preconceived notions. Not saying that chemistry is not important, it is extremely important but sometimes God may have someone in store that we would have clicked next, if we had not been open.

IRL dating we look for the chemistry immediately and chemistry although important is not the whole picture, only a piece of the pie. Through the forums and taking some time to initially interact provides one with a better view of the other, rather than meeting and if not initially connecting immediately, writing the person off.

Richard, CM has a great Catholic Community besides on line dating, where people come together to pray on the Teleconference Rosary Calls. We pray for Admin and the site, we pray for our CM members, that they find "the one" God is calling them for as well as their various intentions.

There are also events that helps one broaden their CM Community so that they can be a support network to each other. CM has much to offer that the other sites do not. Be open and reach out in various way that the fruits God has given through the channels of CM and you may be pleasantly surprised.

03/30/2013 new

No Luck, thinking about turning Jewish

03/30/2013 new

(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online d...
(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online dating. I thought i would give it a shot :) but as time passes i am not very motivated, any words of advice?? Thanks :)
--hide--
Hi Belinda, I second Dawn's wise words, and would just add : don't hesitate to respond to forum comments that catch your attention, or intriguing profile items. While some fora may seem like a local diner during breakfst rush with dozens of "inside" conversations at once, jump in ! Why is everyone talking ? To communicate ideas, stories, feelings, etc., and to receive those from others. It is both a foundational rebuilding and an updating and integrating process. Any one with whom you communicate could be the person who introduces you to the one God has waiting for you.

03/30/2013 new

Welcome aboard! My advice here is simple:

1. Put together an interesting profile. Your photo will catch the eyes of a lot of men, but if you really want to "hit it off" you should tell some interesting things about yourself, your interests, etc. Maybe it's just me, but an interesting profile will always catch my eye here on CM.

2. Don't take the "kid in the candy store" approach. Instead, take the "narrow my focus" approach. What I mean by this is that you shouldn't look upon "online dating" (I don't like this term) as a way to meet a lot of different men. Instead, you should use the CM matching criteria to narrow your focus down to a small, manageable number and see what happens.

3. Don't be disappointed in the results. If you send a message to someone you find interesting, keep in mind that not all of the folks here can respond to you. If someone isn't a paid member they won't be able to respond, and they probably won't even know that you sent the message. Also, remember that not everyone is on here on a regular basis. Some members may check in every few days, once a week, or even less frequently. Even if you don't get a response right away, be patient.

4. Keep track of folks you find interesting but who don't respond to your messages. Check back to see if they're still members a few weeks or months from now. If their profiles are gone, they've probably moved on. You should do the same.

Good luck!

03/30/2013 new

(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online d...
(Quote) Belinda-949784 said: Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to this site and have to express not a very big fan of online dating. I thought i would give it a shot :) but as time passes i am not very motivated, any words of advice?? Thanks :)
--hide--

Well, it's better than walking on hot coals! laughing laughing laughing

03/30/2013 new

(Quote) William-872148 said: No Luck, thinking about turning Jewish
(Quote) William-872148 said:

--hide--

Oy vey!

03/31/2013 new

(Quote) William-872148 said: No Luck, thinking about turning Jewish
(Quote) William-872148 said:

--hide--

LOL - You think that they have it any easier - Remember they wondered in the desert for 40 years before the Lord brought them out wink laughing

03/31/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: LOL - You think that they have it any easier - Remember they wondered in the desert for 40 ...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

LOL - You think that they have it any easier - Remember they wondered in the desert for 40 years before the Lord brought them out

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing

03/31/2013 new

I just read a success story on CatholicMatch.com and this individaul was on dating on line for five years and finally found his love of his life and they got married!So don't give up!It's always God's timing and not ours!Keep the faith!
Joe

03/31/2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Oh, I have lot's of advice, but I'll narrow it to the five most important, IMHO. 1. Put Go...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Oh, I have lot's of advice, but I'll narrow it to the five most important, IMHO.

1. Put God at the center of it, and don't lose that focus.

2. Remain open and positive. No one is going to take a chance on someone with huge walls to break down and a negative attitude.

3. Develop a tough skin. You have to be able to take a good deal of rejection and not take this too personally. This, combined with step 2, is a great challenge.

4. Guard your heart-- it is a treasure that must be deserved, earned, and protected. Choose wisely who you allow close to it; measure out access.

5. Take a chance on people! God made them and loves them. That in itself should be incentive to give them a shot.
--hide--

Dawn, thank you for the advice.

Posts 21 - 30 of 34