Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 5th 2013 new

PrayingThank you Amy for spreading the word of The Divine Mercy Novena. Prayers to St. Faustina. Praying

Apr 5th 2013 new

from website:

thedivinemercy.org

DAY 9, APRIL 6, SATURDAY

The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy Novena

Ninth Day:

Today bring to Me SOULS WHO HAVE BECOME LUKEWARM,* and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. They were the reason I cried out: 'Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.' For them, the last hope of salvation is to run to My mercy.

Most compassionate Jesus, You are Compassion Itself. I bring lukewarm souls into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart. In this fire of Your pure love, let these tepid souls, who, like corpses, filled You with such deep loathing, be once again set aflame. O Most Compassionate Jesus, exercise the omnipotence of Your mercy and draw them into the very ardor of Your love, and bestow upon them the gift of holy love, for nothing is beyond Your power.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon lukewarm souls who are nonetheless enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Father of Mercy, I beg You by the bitter Passion of Your Son and by His three-hour agony on the Cross: Let them, too, glorify the abyss of Your mercy. Amen.

*To understand who are the souls designated for this day, and who in the Diary are called 'lukewarm,' but are also compared to ice and to corpses, we would do well to take note of the definition that the Savior Himself gave to them when speaking to St. Faustina about them on one occasion: There are souls who thwart My efforts (1682). Souls without love or devotion, souls full of egoism and selfishness, proud and arrogant souls full of deceit and hypocrisy, lukewarm souls who have just enough warmth to keep themselves alive: My Heart cannot bear this. All the graces that I pour out upon them flow off them as off the face of a rock. I cannot stand them because they are neither good nor bad (1702).

theheart rosary theheart

This website explains that we may offer our novenas for the special intentions of each day, that our Lord gave to Saint Faustina, as well as our own special intentions.

thedivinemercy.org

So we pray for the special intentions of each of the nine days, that our Lord gave to Saint Faustina, and for the special intentions of all people praying this Divine Mercy Novena, including:

Alice – 788574 Champlin, MN

Amy – 56598 West Hartford, CT

Isabella, her mom

Anne – 923012 Brockton, MA

Barbara – 689659 Barryville, NY

Barbara’s two children

David – 364112 Cleveland, OH

Jane – 933948 McHenry, IL

Josephine – 586127 New York, NY

Kathy – 730470 Saint John, NB, CAN

Lea – 938919 Long Beach, CA

Marian – 83994 Clovis, CA

Mary – 486033 Pittsburgh, PA

Mary – 937794 Chattanooga, TN

Michael – 76823 Duluth, MN

Peter – 356811 Bradenton, FL

Rachel – 731570 Greenville, PA

Susy, Julia and Theresa, her daughters

Susan - 940526 Bainbridge, NY

Susan’s father, and Susan’s whole family

Therese – 632256 Glasgow, KY

theheart rosary theheart

Apr 5th 2013 new

SATURDAY, April 6th is the Ninth day, and completes the Divine Mercy Novena.

SUNDAY, April 7th is Divine Mercy Sunday!!

thedivinemercy.org

The Extraordinary Graces of Divine Mercy Sunday

According to the Diary of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, Jesus Christ made a special promise, which she was to communicate to the whole world:

My daughter, tell the whole world about My inconceivable mercy. I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy(Diary, 699).

In three places in her Diary, St. Faustina records a promise from our Lord of specific, extraordinary graces He will make available through the devout reception of Holy Communion on this Feast Day; truly a "whole ocean of graces" is contained in these promises:

I want to grant a complete pardon to the souls that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion on the Feast of My mercy (1109).

Whoever approaches the Fount of Life on this day will be granted complete forgiveness of sins and punishment (300).

The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion will obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment (699).

Why would our Lord promise to pour out such extraordinary graces on this particular Feast Day? Dr. Robert Stackpole, STD, the director of the John Paul Institute of Divine Mercy and a columnist for this website, explains in The Promise and the Liturgical Tradition.

Apr 5th 2013 new

about the Sacrament of Reconciliation:

www.americancatholic.org

Apr 5th 2013 new

Amy, I am late to this party, but I have been praying this Novena w/ my CM Dude, Greg. He has a special devotion to the Divine Mercy, and we attend the DMC on Thursdays in our church during the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.

What an awesome job you've done sharing this beautiful novena with everyone. Thank you so much! May God bless you abundantly for spreading the Good News of His Mercy and Love! theheart

Apr 6th 2013 new

I'm praying the novena & the chaplet in order to prepare for Sunday's observance at 3 pm.

Please include me & my special intentions in your prayers, too. Thanks.

Apr 6th 2013 new

Thank you Amy for setting up biggrin -------------------------Amentheheart thank You Lord for your gift of Holy Love----nothing is beyond your Power ---thank Youtheheart

Apr 6th 2013 new

Three participants added, who have also been praying this novena with us!!

Praying rosary theheart

from website:

thedivinemercy.org

DAY 9, APRIL 6, SATURDAY

The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy Novena

Ninth Day:

Today bring to Me SOULS WHO HAVE BECOME LUKEWARM,* and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. They were the reason I cried out: 'Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.' For them, the last hope of salvation is to run to My mercy.

Most compassionate Jesus, You are Compassion Itself. I bring lukewarm souls into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart. In this fire of Your pure love, let these tepid souls, who, like corpses, filled You with such deep loathing, be once again set aflame. O Most Compassionate Jesus, exercise the omnipotence of Your mercy and draw them into the very ardor of Your love, and bestow upon them the gift of holy love, for nothing is beyond Your power.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon lukewarm souls who are nonetheless enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Father of Mercy, I beg You by the bitter Passion of Your Son and by His three-hour agony on the Cross: Let them, too, glorify the abyss of Your mercy. Amen.

*To understand who are the souls designated for this day, and who in the Diary are called 'lukewarm,' but are also compared to ice and to corpses, we would do well to take note of the definition that the Savior Himself gave to them when speaking to St. Faustina about them on one occasion: There are souls who thwart My efforts (1682). Souls without love or devotion, souls full of egoism and selfishness, proud and arrogant souls full of deceit and hypocrisy, lukewarm souls who have just enough warmth to keep themselves alive: My Heart cannot bear this. All the graces that I pour out upon them flow off them as off the face of a rock. I cannot stand them because they are neither good nor bad (1702).

theheart rosary theheart

This website explains that we may offer our novenas for the special intentions of each day, that our Lord gave to Saint Faustina, as well as our own special intentions.

thedivinemercy.org

So we pray for the special intentions of each of the nine days, that our Lord gave to Saint Faustina, and for the special intentions of all people praying this Divine Mercy Novena, including:

Alice – 788574 Champlin, MN

Amy – 56598 West Hartford, CT

Isabella, her mom

Anne – 923012 Brockton, MA

Barbara – 689659 Barryville, NY

Barbara’s two children

Carol – 737878 Escondido, CA

David – 364112 Cleveland, OH

Jane – 933948 McHenry, IL

Josephine – 586127 New York, NY

Kathy – 730470 Saint John, NB, CAN

Lea – 938919 Long Beach, CA

Marian – 83994 Clovis, CA

Mary – 486033 Pittsburgh, PA

Mary – 937794 Chattanooga, TN

Michael – 76823 Duluth, MN

Missy – 358855 Melbourne, FL

Greg, Missy’s CM Dude

Peter – 356811 Bradenton, FL

Rachel – 731570 Greenville, PA

Susy, Julia and Theresa, her daughters

Susan - 940526 Bainbridge, NY

Susan’s father, and Susan’s whole family

Therese – 632256 Glasgow, KY

theheart rosary theheart

Apr 6th 2013 new

I just came from a beautiful Mass and Holy Hour celebrated by our Archbishop and three priests for the intentions of the Respect for Human Life, Religious Freedom and the Sanctity of Marriage. Confession was also provided before the Mass. It was a beautiful morning and I am in the state of grace and so ready for the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday tomorrow. What a grace filled weekend at the end of the octave of Easter. God is good!!!

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Amy-56598 said: Today, Good Friday, begins the nine days to Divine Mercy Sunday, and the Divine Mercy Novena.
(Quote) Amy-56598 said:

Today, Good Friday, begins the nine days to Divine Mercy Sunday, and the Divine Mercy Novena.

This website explains about the history of, and how to pray the Divine Mercy Novena

thedivinemercy.org

The Chaplet of The Divine MercyHow to Recite the Chaplet

The Chaplet of Mercy is recited using ordinary rosary beads of five decades. The Chaplet is preceded by two opening prayers from the Diary of Saint Faustina and followed by a closing prayer.

1. Make the Sign of the Cross

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

2. Optional Opening Prayers

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

(Repeat three times)
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

3. Our Father

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

4. Hail Mary

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

5. The Apostle's Creed

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

6. The Eternal Father

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

7. On the Ten Small Beads of Each Decade

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

8. Repeat for the remaining decades

Saying the "Eternal Father" (6) on the "Our Father" bead and then 10 "For the sake of His sorrowful Passion" (7) on the following "Hail Mary" beads.

9. Conclude with Holy God (Repeat three times)

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

10. Optional Closing Prayer

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

--hide--

The Prayer of St. Patrick

I arise today

Through the strength of heaven;

Light of the sun,

Splendor of fire,

Speed of lightning,

Swiftness of the wind,

Depth of the sea,

Stability of the earth,

Firmness of the rock.

I arise today