Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I recall hearing about Hot Wax years ago-- haven't heard of it lately; it may not happen anymo...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

I recall hearing about Hot Wax years ago-- haven't heard of it lately; it may not happen anymore.

I don't use alcohol to make myself feel comfortable. Goes against some lessons I learned long ago.

Thank you for the encouragement to step out of my comfort zone! I do appreciate that!
--hide--

It looks like they renamed the dances on Friday nights in the summer to Moonlite Garden Parties:

www.coneyislandpark.com

They still feature "Four on the Floor" and "Ooh La La and the Greasers" as they have done when I was there so the music must be the same on those nights.
I also remember that people would drive their vintage cars to show them off; they were parked right outside the entrance of the Gardens which was interesting to look at when taking a break from the dance.
You don't need to drink alcohol there but you probably shouldn't be offended if others do since most are drinking alcohol...maybe you would enjoy the Baptists dances here where there is no alcohol biggrin

Posts 111 - 111 of 111