Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I have started a new obligation, to wear my high heels at least two hours a day. Practice ma...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

I have started a new obligation, to wear my high heels at least two hours a day. Practice makes perfect.

Then maybe I can begin to dance.
--hide--

Don't you know high heels are bad for your feet and legs?

www.livescience.com

(Read past the initial part about ingrown nails. The article also discusses some far more serious problems.)

Apr 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I have started a new obligation, to wear my high heels at lea...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

I have started a new obligation, to wear my high heels at least two hours a day. Practice makes perfect.

www.livescience.com

--hide--

laughing I don't have ingrown toe nails! So, I am safe!
Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I ha...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

www.livescience.com

I don't have ingrown toe nails! So, I am safe!
--hide--

I should have included a note to read past the part about ingrown nails.

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: I think a dance as a singles event to meet people is sweet. There are many different social ...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

I think a dance as a singles event to meet people is sweet. There are many different social events that would be good for meeting people. Dances are just one of them.
--hide--

I agree with you, Josephine ... my parents said we kids all "came out" dancing and singing ... but we have many generations of musicians and dancers in our heritage. Love to dance ... even did ballroom dancing on ice (ice dancing) for years Ice Skating ... it's lots of fun.

If you don't like dancing, then how about a bowling alley? eyepopping paper bag

God bless and keep you, princess Lady Dawn ... and may you and Josephine have a very blessed and joyous Eastertide Sunrise

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: : Dawn Maybe take a dance class (first time) type of class; yeah i know some charge like $40.00 so...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

: Dawn Maybe take a dance class (first time) type of class; yeah i know some charge like $40.00 some are cheaper some might be free; so if your free (have time ya might take up a oh ya know a basic dance class hey it takes Two to "tango"! so chill and enjoy it!! and you might meet somebody there too! Mike "peace"!!

--hide--

Yes, Lady princess Dawn, Sir knight-errant Mike is right wave

There is one of those maga-churches here in Columbus which offers group dance lessons on the first and third Friday of every month from September thru May or June ... they have a party at Christmas time, and "Dancing Under the Stars" outside in the parking lot during the summertime ... it's a lot of fun. And the method of lessons gives everyone a chance to dance with everyone else. We start out in a huge circle with men on the outside and women on the inside ... we learn a few dance steps, then practice to several bars of music; then stop and all the men (or ladies) move one person to the left (or right) ... so it gives you another person to learn with. The process is started again with learning some more dance steps, etc. It's loads of fun ... so if you want to learn in a NO-PRESSURE atmosphere, this is one way of doing it!

discoball smile hyper clap

Apr 1st 2013 new

Attend the Cincy Dance on Saturday, April 13th. Details at meetup.com/cincinnati-nky-30-catholic-singles

160 were at their March 9th Dance.

Apr 1st 2013 new
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: I agree with you, Josephine ... my parents said we kids all "came out" dancing and singing...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

I agree with you, Josephine ... my parents said we kids all "came out" dancing and singing ... but we have many generations of musicians and dancers in our heritage. Love to dance ... even did ballroom dancing on ice (ice dancing) for years ... it's lots of fun.

If you don't like dancing, then how about a bowling alley?

God bless and keep you, Lady Dawn ... and may you and Josephine have a very blessed and joyous Eastertide

--hide--

Glad you're back Mary Alice. Thanks you and Happy Easter to you and everyone.

Bunny!
Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Don't you know high heels are bad for your feet and legs? http://www.livescien...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

www.livescience.com

(Read past the initial part about ingrown nails. The article also discusses some far more serious problems.)

--hide--
Spoil sport..... laughing

Actually, I'm trying to figure out how women can walk in them in the first place.... biggrin scratchchin

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-894237 said: Dancing seems to be rather popular where I live. There are many dance studios or other dance ...
(Quote) Christine-894237 said:

Dancing seems to be rather popular where I live. There are many dance studios or other dance events that offer lessons (usually for an hour) followed by open dancing. For me, the lesson is the perfect way to break the ice with people around me. That first hour helps me work out the kinks in my West Coast Swing (or whatever style) and I'll usually crack a joke or two about my need for practice. From there, the rest of the evening is easy.

I find that partner dancing helps me to embrace my awesome womanhood in the sense that to be a good partner, I must react well and follow the lead. I've also witnessed dancing (swing in particular) help many a shy man to break out of his shell. To be honest, I haven't had much experience with dances being awkard, but perhaps I've miraculously avoided the ones with awfully loud music, bad punch, and singles lining the walls. If so, I'm grateful.

--hide--

I grew up dancing and I will be happy to dance anytime and take more lessons as a couple or single. I love to dance.

Apr 1st 2013 new

I agree Dawn, once upon a time, with the USO Dances, many a happy marriages were founded but...that was then, this is now, the music is canned and loud as all heck, and I find they are MEAT MARKETS, not MEET MARKETS....ewww....you know although I do have rhythm and enjoy good music, when I go to a party, I like to talk to friends and enjoy some dinner or a drink, not for me. Mass and Brunch, more my style!! hug

Posts 21 - 30 of 111