Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: So do I!
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: So do I!
--hide--

Hi Mary. At all the Polish weddings on my Dad"s side of the family, dancing is a must. They knew how to throw a party! Eieen
Apr 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi Mary. At all the Polish weddings on my Dad"s side of the family, dancing is a must. They knew how...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Hi Mary. At all the Polish weddings on my Dad"s side of the family, dancing is a must. They knew how to throw a party! Eieen
--hide--
Ethnic weddings are the best! At Croatian weddings, we dance the polka, too. It's a blast! It's great to dance with the "old-timers" who really know how to polka.
Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I love the Polka!
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

I love the Polka!
--hide--
E-I-E-I-E-I-O..... Put me kangaroo down sport!

(Sorry 'bout the kangaroo but that's the closest I could find to the Polish Hop.....)

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Ligia-844786 said: I love to slow dance. You can have nice conversations while dancing
(Quote) Ligia-844786 said:

I love to slow dance. You can have nice conversations while dancing

--hide--
Plus the warm and cuddly part..... hug

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I've spent most of my time dancing salsa, bachata, and Argentine tango. Very unique dances which most...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I've spent most of my time dancing salsa, bachata, and Argentine tango. Very unique dances which most men wouldn't have a clue how to do. Probably most don't even know what a bachata is.
--hide--
Argentine tango -- haven't tried it yet; just the American style. No comparison really, but it'll do for me...

The bachata -- Latin style, plus some swing dance-style steps -- it's cool but haven't tried that one yet either.

And you're right -- most guys don't know how to do any of those, at least among the people I've seen.

Apr 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: And you're right -- most guys don't know how to do any of those, at least among the people I've se...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

And you're right -- most guys don't know how to do any of those, at least among the people I've seen.

--hide--
It's not common so I wouldn't expect people to know. The guys at my girlfriend's work were trying to guess what she meant by bachata. They hadn't the foggiest notion. Her fiance just rolls his eyes at our music.
Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: It's not common so I wouldn't expect people to know. The guys at my girlfriend's work were tr...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: It's not common so I wouldn't expect people to know. The guys at my girlfriend's work were trying to guess what she meant by bachata. They hadn't the foggiest notion. Her fiance just rolls his eyes at our music.
--hide--
You've probably suggested it already, but just in case -- there are some videos of people dancing the bachata on Youtube. Neat and cool!!!

Apr 4th 2013 new

Hi Carol,

So basically, yes, someone opens their home. People could do potluck but I do not. Reason 1 is that I love to cook and it's an experience that I want to share with my friends. Reason 2 is potluck gets a mish-mash of foods that often don't go together, so I want a planned menu of dishes that compliment one another. I organize the event. Several people purchase the food, and the cooks show up about an hour early and cook, and it's usually about 4-5 people and the rest become guests. We collect about $3 per person to cover food and printing. I prefer to get a group of musicians separate from the cooks just to spread the work around. But yeah, it's a lot of fun, and we try to make it as educational as possible.

Apr 4th 2013 new

Edward- any video? - I'd like to see you in action!

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I will add MY endorsement of contra dancing as well. I've been dancing squares and contras with a gro...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I will add MY endorsement of contra dancing as well. I've been dancing squares and contras with a group here in Morgantown for several years now. And, I do it in a wheelchair. So, all of you who say you have two left feet ... Your excuse is invalid.
--hide--

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: Edward- any video? - I'd like to see you in action! (Quote) Edward-4511 said:
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

Edward- any video? - I'd like to see you in action!

Quote:
Edward-4511 said: I will add MY endorsement of contra dancing as well. I've been dancing squares and contras with a group here in Morgantown for several years now. And, I do it in a wheelchair. So, all of you who say you have two left feet ... Your excuse is invalid.

--hide--

Here is a short clip of me participating in a Virginia Reel at the Catholic Alumni Club's semi-annual square dance. This was taken in November 2011.

www.youtube.com

And here is a longer clip from an earlier CAC square dance, this time the Grapevine Twist.

s13.photobucket.com

Posts 61 - 70 of 111