Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 4th 2013 new

I am impressed! Mind if I blog it?

Apr 4th 2013 new

My theory on daning is "fake it" have fun, spend time with someone, and get know someone.

Apr 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Matt-61677 said: I am impressed! Mind if I blog it?
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

--hide--
Go right ahead! (But please send me the link to your blog.)
Apr 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Matt-61677 said: I am impressed! Mind if I blog it? Go right ahead! (But pl...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:
Quote:
Matt-61677 said:

Go right ahead! (But please send me the link to your blog.)
--hide--
By the way, I should specify this was with the Catholic Alumni Club of Pittsburgh. The dances are held in one of two barns in North Park, north of the city.
Apr 4th 2013 new

I dance like Elaine on Seinfeld. Crooked kicks and thumbs.

Apr 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: I dance like Elaine on Seinfeld. Crooked kicks and thumbs.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

I dance like Elaine on Seinfeld. Crooked kicks and thumbs.

--hide--

Oh Frank, that was the funniest Seinfeld ever! It was painful watching Elaine dance. This past NYE, my sister had a party. Her France's kids were there and Katie was dancing. I said "you better be careful or you are going to hurt yourself!" It was different but kind of the same as Elaine. I laugh just thinking about it.

Another girl at work said she went to her reunion and she was showing us how she was dancing with her imaginary tambourine slapping her butt and making all kinds of moves. She was on the plane coming home and said her neck really hurt. She went to the doctor and she had fractured a cervical disc. Wow! Yes, she had surgery but she still dances at work just to make us laugh.

You cannot be that bad if you are still intact. Maybe your friends can help you with your moves!

Eileen
Apr 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Oh Frank, that was the funniest Seinfeld ever! It was painful watching Elaine dance. This past NYE, my si...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Oh Frank, that was the funniest Seinfeld ever! It was painful watching Elaine dance. This past NYE, my sister had a party. Her France's kids were there and Katie was dancing. I said "you better be careful or you are going to hurt yourself!" It was different but kind of the same as Elaine. I laugh just thinking about it.

Another girl at work said she went to her reunion and she was showing us how she was dancing with her imaginary tambourine slapping her butt and making all kinds of moves. She was on the plane coming home and said her neck really hurt. She went to the doctor and she had fractured a cervical disc. Wow! Yes, she had surgery but she still dances at work just to make us laugh.

You cannot be that bad if you are still intact. Maybe your friends can help you with your moves!

Eileen
--hide--

I cannot take credit for these spelling errors (or not all of them) I meant fianc.
Apr 4th 2013 new

Way to go Ed........and for me, if only to be blessed with two left feet! (By the way, why pick on the left feet!)

I also have found contra dancing to be fun. If you can walk you can do it. If you wish to make it fancy there are lots of ways to embellish the dance. Advanced contra dances can be physically and mentally challenging.

Part of the fun is that within a dance line, one dances with everyone within that dance line, if only for a few moments. And for the crazies and skilled dancers, they sometimes dance with people in an altogether different line and their own line during the same dance!

Few people sit the dances out.

Around this geographical area the dances are often community like. Many dances start with a potluck dinner. Plenty of conversatioin time at dinner. If that is not enough time to kibitz there is always an intermission for more snacks and conversation.

The dances are composed of singles, couples, marrieds, young and old. Coming alone is never an issue. The music is, in my experiece, always live. Never too loud. The music is "adjustable" to the ability of the group.

Some dances are family friendly. Dances where families bring their younsters. There is nothing like giving a cute six year old gal "air time". Way too sweet. Other dances are "advanced" and move.

Dance weekends can be found througout the country. Three days of dancing and community. Many dance gypsies travel each weelkend to another locale. One monthly dance that used to take place in Detroit once a month routinely brought dancers from as far as Chicago, Cincinati, Cleveland and beyond for a four hour dance on a Sunday afternoon! But oh what a dances they were! The dance were followed by meeting up for dinner afterward with anyone wishing to join you.

Apr 4th 2013 new

It's sure nice to hear a story like that which is so familar to me! My first date after 30 years alone was to a polka dance. I explained to the gentleman ahead of time that I was not a dancer. He said that he could teach me the basic steps. (Since he already asked me and I accepted, he was probably too embarassed to back out.) Well, we did indeed go but he was clearly not happy with my performance and I was extremely humiliated. Not a date I want to repeat any time soon. He never asked me out again either. He said he was "born to dance". Indeed he was. I would have preferred another activity for a first date. So, I can certainly identify with your dilemma. A walk in the park (we did that after dinner) was much more enjoyable to me. He never offered to give me any more lessons on dancing. I'm sure he thought I was a hopeless case. I appreciate the fact that there is at least one more woman out there who shares the same sentiment. I was beginning to wonder.......

Apr 5th 2013 new

Bart is so right! Contra dances just have so much to offer! They are a great way to meet new people and since the dances are called, you don't have to worry about knowing what to do. And once you get the hang of it, those embellishments make it extra fun!

Posts 71 - 80 of 111