Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Priest having his feet washed?

Mar 30th 2013 new

One of my friends told me that at their Church during the Holy Thursday Mass, their priest had the altar servers wash his feet first before he washed the feet of the people. I am just curious of what people think of this. Is this liturgically or theologically incorrect? I have never heard of this being done before...isn't the priest supposed to represent Christ in this situation? Even though Christ did have His feet washed at a point in His life, he didn't have His apostles wash His feet the night of the Last Supper, so why would the priest do this? From what my friend said, there were a lot of confused people in the pews! Any thoughts?

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Bonnie-928576 said: One of my friends told me that at their Church during the Holy Thursday Mass, their priest had t...
(Quote) Bonnie-928576 said:

One of my friends told me that at their Church during the Holy Thursday Mass, their priest had the altar servers wash his feet first before he washed the feet of the people. I am just curious of what people think of this. Is this liturgically or theologically incorrect? I have never heard of this being done before...isn't the priest supposed to represent Christ in this situation? Even though Christ did have His feet washed at a point in His life, he didn't have His apostles wash His feet the night of the Last Supper, so why would the priest do this? From what my friend said, there were a lot of confused people in the pews! Any thoughts?

--hide--

Not really kosher.

No matter what goes on on the altar there are always a lot of confused people in the pews.

Posts 1 - 2 of 2