Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Beverly and Chelle.....I agree with you. My parents are in a mausoleum at a Catholic Cemetery her...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Beverly and Chelle.....I agree with you. My parents are in a mausoleum at a Catholic Cemetery here in Dallas. It is peaceful there....and the cripts are just down the hall from the Blessed Sacrament. (on the First Saturday of every month....Mass is celebrated there)

Chelle, the "Capone" connection IS kind of neat. It made me think of the one at their cemetery. Conrad Hilton (of hotel fame) is buried on the grounds there. The cemetery adjacent to theirs....is a non-Catholic one. (I've not been inside though) But is the same one Bonnie Parker is buried in. (Bonnie and Clyde)

--hide--

Hi Jerry! The mausoleums are very peaceful. How neat that they celebrate mass there!

Wasn't Conrad Hilton married to Elizabeth Taylor? I'd love to see Bonnie Parker's grave! We visited alot of cemeteries when we went to Louisiana, too! I'm sure they have tours of celebrity grave sites here in LA. I hadn't ever thought of doing that, but it could be an interesting idea! Chelle

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Jerry! The mausoleums are very peaceful. How neat that they celebrate mass t...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Hi Jerry! The mausoleums are very peaceful. How neat that they celebrate mass there!

Wasn't Conrad Hilton married to Elizabeth Taylor? I'd love to see Bonnie Parker's grave! We visited alot of cemeteries when we went to Louisiana, too! I'm sure they have tours of celebrity grave sites here in LA. I hadn't ever thought of doing that, but it could be an interesting idea! Chelle

--hide--
Chelle I think his son "Nicky" Hilton (Conrad Hilton Jr) was married to her. But he was born in Dallas. The odd thing about Conrad Hilton's stone is that it looks just like the front of one his hotels! My Mom & Dad told me that when Conrad died....the crowd was like a "who's who" from Hollywood. I think even Marilyn Monroe may have come to the funeral and cemetery~

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: What do you want on your Tombstone?Seriously. What epitaph do you want?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

What do you want on your Tombstone?

Seriously. What epitaph do you want?

--hide--

Here’s what I want written on my epitaph 40+ years from now.... Praying theheart

I had lived, I had loved
I served God's people, I served my God
I had done my purpose in life
Now I went back to my loving God.
Praise be to the Almighty God.

Apr 11th 2013 new

I've actually been working on designing my headstone. I'd go ahead and order it but I realize that there's always a chance my last name and where I will be living (and possibly buried) may change before my death. (But just as well have all the headstone and most of the funeral arrangements made and paid for, so as to spare my son from having to plan yet another funeral. He's already, at age 17, had to be involved in planning 4 funerals in the last 6 years. He deserves a break.)

At any rate, I am planning to have an image of St. Francis of Assisi (with the animals as I'm a big animal lover) laser etched on the front as well as 'The Peace Prayer of St. Francis' engraved on the back of the stone, because it is what has always inspired my actions throughout my life. I also feel that it may be a way of continuing to evangelize from 'beyond the grave'.

Also on the front, besides my 'stats' I am considering another St. Francis quote; “Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words.” ― St. Francis of Assisi

Below that on the base stone, I will of course have written; Loving mother of Samuel

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: What do you want on your Tombstone?Seriously. What epitaph do you want?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

What do you want on your Tombstone?

Seriously. What epitaph do you want?

--hide--

His last words were: "Hey! Look what I can do!"

Apr 11th 2013 new
Maybe 'She loved greatly" with a Sacred Heart, Immaculate Heart and underneath a heart for the spouse I will hopefully have and underneath that, hearts for each of our children and grandchildren.
Apr 11th 2013 new
Suddenly I'm in the mood for pizza.
Apr 11th 2013 new
But it would say "Place pepperoni here". lol
Apr 11th 2013 new

Walk by faith and not by sight. Seriously.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: But it would say "Place pepperoni here". lol
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: But it would say "Place pepperoni here". lol
--hide--

With thin crust would be great about now.

Posts 51 - 60 of 66