Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 30th 2013 new
(Quote) David-622846 said: I am sorry if this has been talked about before. But I see a lot on here of people's struggles and I reali...
(Quote) David-622846 said:

I am sorry if this has been talked about before. But I see a lot on here of people's struggles and I realized what made me grow a whole lot better. It was understanding the way people communicate love. The book or idea about the 5 love languages has always helped me be a great date and all that and to be honest with out knowing it I met someone who I started dating and found out she has read it as well. It's like being with a best friend with out trying. It doesn't tell you who to match with but it tells you how you liked to be love and how to understand the language of others love which may be different than your own. Has anyone else had success with this book?

--hide--
I have read it David but have not had the opportunity to experiment with it. I did give it as part of a wedding gift and suggested they read it together. I thought it was wonderful too...if I had only known about it a long time ago...
Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-179089 said: I have read the Five Love Languages book (did so at a personal, silent retreat this past December...
(Quote) Brian-179089 said:

I have read the Five Love Languages book (did so at a personal, silent retreat this past December.....wow!) Great read and great information. I also followed up with the online test - very informative. I now know I am personally one who craves both Quality Time and spoken Affirmations. It puts all the "puzzle pieces" together for me.

--hide--

Where did you find the online test?

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Where did you find the online test?
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Where did you find the online test?

--hide--

www.5lovelanguages.com this is a link to the quiz, its thirty questions. . .interesting and pretty on target I think. I scored 11 on Physical touch, followed by seven for quality time and six for acts of service and minimal for receiving gifts and words of affirmation. . .I am going to have to read the book now lol.

Thanks for sharing this!

Mar 30th 2013 new
I love that the Holy Spirit is so active! I literally heard about this two weeks ago and just bought it today! I'm already on chapter 4 :-)
Mar 30th 2013 new

My primary loved language is Affirmative Words.. Throughout my whole life i have been a person very positively affected by words of affection. In the 80's ( dated a man who was a gift giver. He would give the shirt off his back. Unfortuantely he was very 'stingey' with words of affection.. Not knowing anything at the time about Love Languages I didn't understand that this was his way of showing love. I try to explain early on in a correspondence that I really need 'words'.. I don't deal well with someone who wants to go days and days without correspondence. My secondary love language is Physical Touch. I'm the one who wants to sit close, hold hands and be all touchy feely..

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: My primary loved language is Affirmative Words.. Throughout my whole life i have been a person ver...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

My primary loved language is Affirmative Words.. Throughout my whole life i have been a person very positively affected by words of affection. In the 80's ( dated a man who was a gift giver. He would give the shirt off his back. Unfortuantely he was very 'stingey' with words of affection.. Not knowing anything at the time about Love Languages I didn't understand that this was his way of showing love. I try to explain early on in a correspondence that I really need 'words'.. I don't deal well with someone who wants to go days and days without correspondence. My secondary love language is Physical Touch. I'm the one who wants to sit close, hold hands and be all touchy feely..

--hide--

My primary is also words of affirmation! wink Acts of service and gifts are my secondary ones... pretty much a tie.

Mar 30th 2013 new
(Quote) David-622846 said: I am sorry if this has been talked about before. But I see a lot on here of people's struggles and I reali...

I am sorry if this has been talked about before. But I see a lot on here of people's struggles and I realized what made me grow a whole lot better. It was understanding the way people communicate love. The book or idea about the 5 love languages has always helped me be a great date and all that and to be honest with out knowing it I met someone who I started dating and found out she has read it as well. It's like being with a best friend with out trying. It doesn't tell you who to match with but it tells you how you liked to be love and how to understand the language of others love which may be different than your own. Has anyone else had success with this book?

--hide--

Hi, David. I love the book and it did help me understand myself and others. I found that I began looking for clues from loved ones, friends and co-workers as to what makes them feel affirmed and valued. The love languages are good for many levels of relationships so that we give and can experience more charity from others.

Thank you for starting this thread...

smile
Mar 30th 2013 new

Hi, my name is Esther. I went to a teacher's workshop this past summer and that title was the name of the workshop. I thought it was very interesting. I had a little bit of the other choices, on the type of "Love Language " I was. I remember I came out as being, the one that like to do a service. They said many people may have a some of the other choices also, and that it was ok. I shared the information with my family and friends. I feel that it does help me better understand some of the reasons people act the way they do, about things. The "5 Love Languages" very interesting!

Mar 31st 2013 new
Loved this book! I had great success taking it out of context to make sure others feel my love. (Can't do in context, since that would require romance in my life. wink )

Among other things, the ideas in the book made me more observant of my loved ones. I did some guessing, based on behaviors, and figured out the love languages of my children, siblings, nieces and nephews and coworkers. It helps me tell them in their native language!

Also, the book was useful in recognizing when others were trying to express love and maybe I was missing it. I'm not big on gifts- just not wired for it- but one of my best friends will often give a small gift as a thank you or I miss you. Now I understand her better and can respond more effectively.
Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) David-622846 said: I am sorry if this has been talked about before. But I see a lot on here of people's struggle...

--hide--

Yes, David, I agree ... it's a very good book ... found out what my basically two love languages are and what I should be looking for in a gentleman ... good reading!

God bless you on this Easter Sunday, all throughout Eastertide, and beyond! Sunrise

Posts 11 - 20 of 26