Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/31/2013 new

I use the "love languages" techniques to motivate my children AND my students (I am a teacher). It works WONDERS!! I too could never understand the "gift giver" as I never appreciated the gifts, but I did appreciate it when someone helped me. Thus, my number one love language is "acts of service". My former spouse would always "give" me things, so his number one love language was "receiving gifts" (his number two was "words of affirmation).

Knowing your love language, and that of your spouse, helps to make a relationship "work" but only if both parties have at least an average emotional intelligence level. Nothing can make up for a below average emotional intelligence, even practicing the "love languages".

03/31/2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I use the "love languages" techniques to motivate my children AND my students (I am a te...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

I use the "love languages" techniques to motivate my children AND my students (I am a teacher). It works WONDERS!! I too could never understand the "gift giver" as I never appreciated the gifts, but I did appreciate it when someone helped me. Thus, my number one love language is "acts of service". My former spouse would always "give" me things, so his number one love language was "receiving gifts" (his number two was "words of affirmation).

Knowing your love language, and that of your spouse, helps to make a relationship "work" but only if both parties have at least an average emotional intelligence level. Nothing can make up for a below average emotional intelligence, even practicing the "love languages".

--hide--
Joan, can you please explain what you mean by "emotional intelligence"?

03/31/2013 new

I took the online test and found it very hard, often with neither choice seeming appealing or applicable to me. I scored an 8, 9, and 9 on three different "languages," which I guess means I'm an odd duck. But at least I like ducks because they're quacky like me! laughing

03/31/2013 new

I dont think its odd at all but just leads to good understanding.

03/31/2013 new

Not odd Margaret, you are just fluent in multiple love languages :-)

04/01/2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I use the "love languages" techniques to motivate my children AND my students (I am a te...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

--hide--

Emotional intelligence: reciprocation, empathy, perspective are several key components to emotional intelligence. Many adults have an emotional intelligence level of a 3-8 year old child and are not capable of an adult relationship, therefore .

Posts 21 - 26 of 26